Anyone going on vacation soon?

Options
13»

Replies

• kmiskow
    kmiskow Posts: 24
    Options
    I was hoping to lose 10 lbs by my wedding. Scale won't budge but inches certainly have...

Wedding is on two weeks from Saturday. We fly out in 1 week from this coming monday-EEK!

inches much more important! Congrats!
  • kbaronshaffer
    Options
    just got back from a cruise...gained about 5 lbs! try to lose that before you go so that you can come back at the same weight that you left off! :happy:
  • riley_ransom
    Options
    Cruise to Jamaica in 30 days Oasis of the seas!!!!!! I will be 65 pounds lighter and will conquer that rock wall!!!
  • kmiskow
    Options
    I am leaving for Cancun in 90 days just booked last night really determined my goal is 25 lbs I hope I am not setting myself up to fail.

We all got the vacation bug last night-LOL. We were at the beach July 1-8. After my Sept trip, I will start planning the next, probably in Jan :)
  • kmiskow
    Options
    We are headed to Sandals for our 9th time at the end of the year!!!!

I have several comments based on all these posts. To the original poster, losing 10 pounds for your vacation in 44 days is a bad idea in my opinion. Most people eat/drink more on vacation. If you drop your calorie intake to lose all that weight that fast before you go, you are just going to gain it right back on vacation. To me, it makes more sense to go on a reasonable diet now, lose like a pound a week, and when you get home start fresh.

As for the people trying to not gain weight on an all inclusive vacation, I can almost assuredly tell you that you can't! There are drinks and food everywhere all the time! And one Dirty Banana is probabaly 1/4 of the calories I should have all day! I am not trying to discourage anyone, but I have been a roller coaster dieter for a very long time, and have been dieting when we have gone on vacation many times before. My advice is, go into it knowing you will gain weight. Try to make better choices (like an egg white omlette for breakfast rather than bacon, etc). And if you eat at the breakfast buffet, maybe don't eat lunch. etc. However, I always know in my head that I spent all that money to go there, and I can't get a Dirty Banana at home, so I want one! So I have one! I honestly have been dieting fully at 1200 calories a day (for my wedding) and went on my honeymoon and literally ate whatever I wanted. I came home 10 pounds heavier (yes, 10 pounds!) but I had whatever I wanted and really enjoyed myself. Due to water weight, etc, if you come home and start eating like a normal person again (like not eating three gourmet meals a day and 10 drinks!) your weight will go back down.

So, I'm sure lots of people will argue this, and I'm not saying you should eat whatever you want, but so that you don't come home disappointed, I would go into it knowing you will gain a little weight, but it will come off pretty easily when you get home.:smile:

I gained 5 lbs on our week at the beach so that has to come off before the cruise. The 10 would be so I could have some wiggle room. I am really going to force myself to walk every day like I have been doing since Monday.
  • kmiskow
    Options
    We are doing Carnival out of Jax to Half Moon (my favorite) and Nassau. Have been on this ship (Fascination) 3 times. This is my 8th cruise on Carnival and 9th cruise total. LOVE cruising!
  • 30forApril
    30forApril Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Next Wednesdaytaking my family to San Antonio Seaworld, River walk for a few days.. honestly I don't plan on worrying about my diet at all.. I probably won't make the worst choices, but I'm not gonna hate myself for enjoying my time off! lol.. we usually get a hotel with a fitness center so I might get a little cardio in, but I'm not too worried.. we'll be spending most of the time walking around the river walk and seaworld... I barely started yesterday and I'm already feeling like I deserve some cheats! hahah! maybe I need to reconsider my opinion...lol...maybe not!
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    In 3 weeks, I'll be flying from NY to Seattle and then taking a cruise from Seattle to Alaska.

I'm going to strive to eat healthy and get a lot of walking in. I won't eat at buffets so I will either eat breakfast and lunch in the main dining room or room service.
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Vegas in 2 weeks. NYC in Sept. Haven't been on a cruise in years. I need to look at one!
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am goind to Ireland for 2 weeks the end of Sept. I know I will gain while I am there, but will try my best to be good (except in the Pubs). I would like be be down another 5lbs before I go.
  • iheartmarshall
    iheartmarshall Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I WAS* going to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter mid-September and knew I needed to lose 10 - 15 pounds to fit more comfortably on the rides, so that was one of my motivators to start my lifestyle change. However, that trip is no longer happening but I am visiting a friend in Florida next weekend! Size isn't important for that trip but I will be 6 - 8 pounds lighter than when I saw my friend last time :)
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    I leave Aug 13 for a week in Las Vegas with my boyfriend. I think last year when we went I was struggling to get to 175. So now my goals is to get as close or under to 175 as possible.
  • mercymarque
    mercymarque Posts: 450
    Options
    Going to Costa Rica, leaving 7/28-8/4. I plan on logging my food and swim and exercise while I'm there. That's my plan....
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Going to my fiance's parent's second home in New Hampshire on Lake Winnipesaukee.... one whole week of silence... oh and hiking :)
  • sharkyR1
    Options
    2 weeks all inclusive in Mexico, last 2 weeks of September :)

This has been my main motivation to lose some of my belly flab over the last couple of months, and although i plan on staying healthy when i return, for these two weeks, all bets are off. I'm gonna eat and drink soooooo much lol

Hey, that'll be me first week of October! Where in mexico?

Going to Playa del Carmen, about an hour south of Cancun.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Captiva Island in FL, next week.
  • dynot123
    Options
    Me!! I am going to the beach the week of Thanksgiving and want to lose as much as possible fast!! I know realisticly that after this I must do it slow to keep it off, but would love some tips for a fast loss? I would like to lose about 30lbs in 3.2 months. Any tips?

Thanks
    Beth
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Going to Costa Rica, leaving 7/28-8/4. I plan on logging my food and swim and exercise while I'm there. That's my plan....

What part?
    I went to Tamarindo a couple years ago....beautiful country. If you get a chance, go see Arenal, the volcano. I think I heard its going dormant, but it was impressive to hear it rumble and belch smoke when I was there.