Options

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    (sigh*) I've done it...the morning fog brain took over. Sorry! :ohwell:
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I broke on Friday night however after seeing the number I'm determined to believe the scale is an evil liar!! So i measured myself and took pics.. Ive lost 3 inches from my tummy at my belly button and 1 inch off my hips,thighs and arms and my bust is down from 38 to 36 so the scale can SUCK it!! I do get "loss envy" when I see my friends weigh in updates but I know I'll be happy dancing my way to seksieness when I weigh in August.. for now I'm focusing on working out 6days a week and getting my "weekend binges" under control.. Thank you so much for starting this!!! I've managed to talk some of friends to join in also :-) I think its sooo great
  • minnie212
    minnie212 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm really enjoying this, i like the fact I'm not even thinking about weighing in but im still eating well and excercising regularly, fingers crossed i've done well! Good luck everyone ;)
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm really enjoying this. I haven't binged since I started, and I used to nearly every day. I've been eating well and exercising 6 days a week. I only have one cheat meal a week. I'd say that's a huge improvement ;) I am curious about how much I weigh now. But not weighing everyday has relieved A LOT of stress that weighing everyday brought to me. Thanks so much for posting this! :flowerforyou:
  • betsytooley05
    betsytooley05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I am very much a serial weigher! I get on those scales every morning when I'm trying to lose weight, I would absolutely LOVE to do this but my will power would not last :( i would love to just last one week! Good luck to you ladies xxx
  • Joorrrrdddyyn
    Joorrrrdddyyn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale a few times a day. and my scale likes to tell me i dropped a few pounds, then add a couple more later that day. its so not accurate. im going to the doctor @ the end of august, so i will just see the results there. (: hopefully the nurse doesnt get too weirded out if i do my happy dance lol.
    CW: 123
    GW: 109
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm really enjoying this, i like the fact I'm not even thinking about weighing in but im still eating well and excercising regularly, fingers crossed i've done well! Good luck everyone ;)

^^^^^ So true! I started doing this before seeing this thread and what a difference not jumping on the scale makes! :D
  • perestroika1
    perestroika1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just stare at the darn scale when I get out of the shower...and again when i run on the treadmill at work -because there's one right there. I don't think i've lost any weight...but this is definitely a test of endurance! I'm enjoying it!
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm heading to the scale right now to put it in the basement. I'm over the top on weighing myself
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I broke the other night and weighed myself... I'm down 1.8 lbs at least...
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Today is the 1st of the month... (now have bone thugs n harmony in my head) and I did some tape work today...

From 7/1, new tape #'s
    Neck: 16.5 (down from 18)
    Waist: 39.5 (down from 41)
    Hips: 44 (down from 45)

What can I say? I'm always going to have a hockey butt...
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Ok Ok so I admit it! I looked at the scale last week (lost two lbs :-) but now I'm hooked again :-( "Hi, I'm tracie and I have a problem" lol This challenge really showed me how burdensome a scale can be to weight loss, so I will definitely keep working on this scale addiction of mine.
  • sandygaylegunn
    sandygaylegunn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is a good reminder for me. I have been doing well since I joined this site in May. I have gained muscle and fitness that the scale didnt show, so I would get so discouraged. I have been losing only one pound a week for three weeks, but that is progress. I will commit to staying off the scale until 8/19 as you suggest. I am sure this will help me sidestep the traps of discouragement and frustration. xoxo
  • emhill21
    emhill21 Posts: 130
    Options
    I admit I cheated the other day...I found a scale and I went for it but I can't believe what it says since its not "my" scale and it appeared to be rather ancient and not well calibrated so I am justifying it in a way such that I really didn't weigh myself...???
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    One week to go - anyone still on board??
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Im still here. Not long to go now :-)
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm still here and going strong! It's almost over!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm stil here... sticking with it - looking forward to Monday!
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!! I'm in. If you look at my before and after pictures on my profile, that's only a 6 pound loss....the scale LIES!!! I lost 18 inches...
  • Tisworthit92
    Tisworthit92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weighing in is important. Not everything works for everyone and you need to see short term results to know you're going in the right direction. Unless you FEEL the difference. but if you can't tell if there's been a change and a month later you only lost like 3 pounds. That would have been such a waste of time. During that time you could have been changing up or getting your workouts more intense enough for you to make better progress.