Weird Little Habits that Help

Options

Replies

• AmyCBBarela
    AmyCBBarela Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I work at a vat clinic and when I have to go develop radio graphs I stretch in the dark room. It isn't alot but I figure it is better than just sitting there :-)
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh, also a few years ago, I started adding one extra serving of vegetables or fruit to each meal in my day. It was so easy and I went from 275 lb to 245 in just a few years JUST doing that. I didn't exercise or anything.
  • Afrikangirl
    Afrikangirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I suck my abs in while jogging....totally gives my abs an extra work out....I always feel it the next day, especially in the transverse abdominal muscles (I think that is what they are called)all around my waist area.
  • 23SVM88
    23SVM88 Posts: 47
    Options
    Bump
  • amswanson3
    amswanson3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for the ideas. I'm going to find times in my day to add in some random exercise such as jumping jacks and squats.
    I too never leave the house without water. It helps me stay away from sugary drinks (which was the hardest for me to quit). :happy:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If I am waiting for things (like the train) I stand on one foot, or when I am watching a show I go into balancing poses. Just some opportunities to practice balancing.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I do push ups during commercials. How ever I rarely watch television. Not even daily, so it results in about 3 or 4 times a week for about an hour worth of television.
  • khopkins516
    khopkins516 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do calf raises in the shower. Ten to the front, ten with toes pointed out and ten with toes pointed in. Helps my calves look good when I'm wearing heels!
  • brandiwells1
    brandiwells1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Side leg lifts or squats while I brush my teeth
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I do 50 jumping jacks every time I use the restroom... strange, but it amounts to about 500 jj's a day, and with almost no forethought.

That's a great idea! I have overactive bladder syndrome so if I did this I would be so fit! I go to bathroom more than 30 times per day....
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I walk in place when I watch tv at night and even add boxing to it. I figure if I can do it with Leslie Sansone, why can't I do it watching Cupcake Wars? At work I get up and jog in place every few hours or so and if I use the bathroom, I make sure it's as far away as possible. I try to run random errands at work one at a time so I am constantly having to get up from my desk.
  • love2nicks
    love2nicks Posts: 21
    Options
    you go to the bathroom 10 times a day? that seems like an awful lot. I drink a ton of water and I don't even go that much LOL

Dude, that's nothing. If all I drink is water that's my average. ;) If I have anything else to drink I have to pee every half hour. I would be in great shape if I did that, though my co-workers would think I had lost my mind, haha! TINY BLADDER PEOPLE UNITE!

I used to have a smaller bladder too but I think i have developed a nurses bladder. 5 years on a cardiac floor when I may be lucky to pee once in my 8 hour shift! now I'm at a desk job but I think I must have stretched it out enough that I don't have to go that often ;)
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I do 50 jumping jacks every time I use the restroom... strange, but it amounts to about 500 jj's a day, and with almost no forethought.

Anyone else have a strange little habit for health?

Do people not wonder why you are all hot and bothered each time you leave the restroom? ha ha ha ha
    Anyone who works in an office...this tip would start some odd rumours!

:flowerforyou:
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I lunge all the way down the hall to the bathroom at work. And when I'm waiting for the photocopier to do its thing, I go up and down on my tip toes. :D
  • beezlebubb
    beezlebubb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    you go to the bathroom 10 times a day? that seems like an awful lot. I drink a ton of water and I don't even go that much LOL

My little habbit is that I never leave the house without a bottle of water. My kids have developed the same habbit. Drives my husband batty but it's healthy so he can't really justify complaining ;)

You wouldn't believe the amount of TP I go through, but yes... at least 10x/ day I'd say. Maybe more..
  • love2nicks
    love2nicks Posts: 21
    Options
    haha i bet! Hope you don't have septic ;)
  • PurrfumeGIrl
    PurrfumeGIrl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do wall push ups when I go to the bathroom in the morning. (I work from home).

Whenever I go into the kitchen I fill up my water glass.

I too am a proud member of the tiny bladder club!! Although sometimes it has its drawbacks (road trips!). Although I do know all the cleanest and finest bathrooms in LA. :)
  • bearsmom82
    bearsmom82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    At work, I always use the washroom that is 3 floors up - each time I go - which adds up to a lot of extra stairs to climb :happy:

I also get off the elevator at the 3rd floor and walk up 6 floors to my office each time I enter the building. Not a big calorie burn to do it once, but over the weeks and months, it sure adds up!
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Dude, that's nothing. If all I drink is water that's my average. ;) If I have anything else to drink I have to pee every half hour. I would be in great shape if I did that, though my co-workers would think I had lost my mind, haha! TINY BLADDER PEOPLE UNITE!

Tiny bladder people! YES !!! :laugh:
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Tiny bladder people! YES !!! :laugh:

And, when I wash my hands I exercise my neck muscles by opening my mouth and raising my lower jaw upward for a count of ten. Helps us middle aged women keep our necks from telling our age! :wink: