Weird Little Habits that Help

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i weigh my food and log my calories. it's like a curse. i wouldn't wish this on anybody.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    some great ideas here
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I dance when I cook, even though I'm awful at it.

I eat off a salad plate.

I've done the jumping jacks thing once. I need to get back into it!
  • mandi_444
    mandi_444 Posts: 156
    Options
    ETA: Nothing wrong with diet sodas per se, but the sodium plays havoc with my blood pressure.
    [/quote]

Diet sodas are all chemicals and I've heard bad things about aspartame. I try to avoid it, but it's so very addictive!
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do crunches everytime my co-worker goes to take a smoke break 2 sets of 20, puts me at almost 200 crunches a day 5 days a week. And I dont have to worry about anyone watching me because it's just her and I together
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I do squats when brushing my teeth XD
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    no habits
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    squats/chair sits depending on how sore i am while brushing my teeth. lol i dance between luls in my circuits to my workout playlist, and usually dance for one song before i work out lol. i consider it my warmups, warmup.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Even though there is a bathroom right outside my office door, I walk to the other side of the building every time I need a restroom. Since I drink so much water, I pee a LOT! It has added about 2500 steps a day according to my FitBit.

At home, if I'm downstairs, I use the upstairs bathroom. If I'm upstairs, I use the downstairs bathroom. I also run up and down the stairs during commercials.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options

omg!! i thought i was the only weirdo who did this!!!!? lol
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I do counter pushups while I cook...

Whenever I go out to eat, I ask the waiter to put 1/2 in a to go box right away.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Every time I go to the bathroom during the workday, I do 10 squats before going back to my desk.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I have a bad back and am supposed to do pelvic tilts. Sometimes I'll do the standing version while waiting for the microwave to cook something.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options

omg!! i thought i was the only weirdo who did this!!!!? lol

Ha ha nope, there are 2 weirdos =P At least we know we are not alone.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    i tend to make a list of what i need to do that day thats broken down into hour segments and i block of 2 hours to workout. if i don't things don't get done and workouts get skipped. also if my youngest doesn't follow me to the potty i try to do 100 crunches each time.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am doing a 90 minute train commute twice a day to my job, so I sit and squeeze my butt muscles, lift my legs & hold, etc. I try and do it surreptitiously or I might scare my fellow passengers. :laugh: Also go on tip toes if standing at the station / waiting to get off.

In the past I have marched on the spot whilst waiting for the photocopier / done arm exercises etc.

I walk up escalators.

Some great ideas here :-)
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I do counter pushups while I cook...

Whenever I go out to eat, I ask the waiter to put 1/2 in a to go box right away.

That is SUCH a good idea for eating out!!! I'm doing that from now on...

Also, ya'll have inspired me. I'm going to use the upstairs bathroom & do squats from now on! XD
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I suck my abs in while jogging....totally gives my abs an extra work out....I always feel it the next day, especially in the transverse abdominal muscles (I think that is what they are called)all around my waist area.

I like! Thanks! :)
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I work behind the counter in a Visitor Information Center, our counter area is on a one step raised area. A couple of us do counter pushups when we don't have visitor's or calf raises on the edge of the platform, seeing how many we can each do before the next customer comes in the door.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    diet soda still isn't good for you at all regardless of the fact it has zero calories