CHOCOLATE

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    How about a high quality dark chocolate (like 70% cacao or higher)? Then you can have your chocolate but it's not the overly sugary Hershey crap
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I just dove into the office candy jar and ate SIX, YES SIX of the little mini ones. Don't judge me, I'm hormonal and feeling weepy.

I REGRET NOTHING!

I've definitely done that before too
  • healthymission92
    Options
    You should get dark chocolate (I usually get lindts 90% cocca) and it can be good for you in small amounts. I only have 1 or 2 squares and it cures my choc cravings. (i'm a former chocolate addict haha)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Well...I'm an admitted chocoholic and the Skinny Cow products are AWESOME! Their 150 calorie ice cream sandwiches will kill any chocolate craving ever thought about. :flowerforyou:

Pffft For mere mortals they might be. But real hardcore chocolate eaters like myself laugh in the face of skinny cow 150 calorie ice cream sandwiches! You see that skinny cow over there trembling with his tail between his legs? I did that!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    To satisfy my milk chocolate cravings: I buy a bag of plain m&m's and allow myself 5 at a time, with 20 being my total limit (I did that today) for the day. Other times I will have piece or two of Dove promises.
  • vjenelle
    vjenelle Posts: 23
    Options
    I agree with the Skinny Cow snacks. The chocolate bars are 110 calories. They allow you to indulge without getting carried away. Or if you like yogurt, you can always try the chocolate mousse flavor by Yoplait.
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic. I have a piece every night after the kids are in bed and I am just ready to relax. I have been having the dark chocolate guirardelli ones, yesterday I bought godiva dark chocolate truffles, a piece is 50 calories worth, I work it in my calorie count, sometimes I skim on other things just to make sure I have my chocolate allowance.

The trick is only to have one or two, no more. Dark chocolate is good, because it is stronger so just a bit is enough to calm the craving.

I find if I have a craving, I have a glass of water and wait 15 min, if I still have the urge afterwards I have a small piece, other way I cannot stop thinking about it and drives me nuts
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Here's what I eat every day -- it satisfies the chocolate craving, is very low in sugar and is actually very good for you:

http://snipr.com/24dfdcz
  • pettrypartyof4
    Options
    I have to eat chocolate daily. I run harder and lift harder just so I can have it... I know if I deprive myself of it, I'll gorge on it, so I have a little each day....nestle dark chocolate semi sweet morsels, I eat 3-5 tablespoons of them, sometimes I throw some raisins and raw almonds in too...
  • Wonderob
    Options
    Chocolate protein bars for me - keep my macros good and satisfies my cravings

I concede they're not ideal but taste good and are not empty calories
  • LittleMissJDS
    Options
    At night is when the SWEET CREEPS in.

I made the Black Bean Brownies (boxed brownie mix and a can of black beans) the other night and it was INCREDIBLE. You heard me...INCREDIBLE.

I cut the brownie into bite size squares and stuck them in the fridge. When I cant fight the SWEET, I grab 1-2 and no damage done.

You should really check it out. I was skeptical too...but they are very good and loaded with protein and fiber.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/black-bean-brownies-2-pts.html
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well...I'm an admitted chocoholic and the Skinny Cow products are AWESOME! Their 150 calorie ice cream sandwiches will kill any chocolate craving ever thought about. :flowerforyou:

Pffft For mere mortals they might be. But real hardcore chocolate eaters like myself laugh in the face of skinny cow 150 calorie ice cream sandwiches! You see that skinny cow over there trembling with his tail between his legs? I did that!

LOL too funny! BTW a "cow" would have "her" tail ... I guess you must have scared the bull! :tongue:
  • Wonderob
    Options

LOL too funny! BTW a "cow" would have "her" tail ... I guess you must have scared the bull! :tongue:

I hate being wrong!
  • bananapopsicle1
    bananapopsicle1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered "Peak Freans, Lifestyle Selections, dark chocolate , with a hint of cherry" cookies....3 cookies, 140 calories, 7grams of sugar. YUMMY! I find they satisfy my chocolate craving (and even with only one cookie it does), yet they are not so over the top decadent that I would eat the whole bag in one sitting! (unlike some stupidly delicious maple cookies I ate last week, 110 calories per cookie)....I don't even want to admit how many I ate; I normally don't keep anything like that in the house, because I can be weak willed and don't like having the temptations nearby. Good luck resisting... :smile:
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Yep. Donuts are my demon. I can eat 5 in one seating :sad: I used to eat them like if they were baby carrots. :brokenheart:

:laugh:! btw you look FANTASTIC!

Thank you sooo much :flowerforyou: