Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Options
mommyskis
mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
I tweaked a weight watchers recipe I found online.

1 box spice cake mix
1-14 oz. can of pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 cup water

Bake according to the box direction. Makes 24 at 98 calories a piece. It's awsomely delicious. The 2 eggs only added 6 calories per cupcake and made them rise and get nice and fluffy. Just added that water cause the batter seemed way to thick for cupcakes. They are in the food bank as Semi Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. Just remember if you add frosting that will up the calories (although if I had some cream cheese in my house that would have been totally worth it!).

Replies

• jerzgrl03
    jerzgrl03 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I will definitely give this recipe a try!

Thanks!
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, thanks! Sounds delicious! :love:
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for sharing...i'm going to make these tonight and surprise my hubby with a treat!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I tweaked a weight watchers recipe I found online.

1 box spice cake mix
    1-14 oz. can of pumpkin
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup water

Bake according to the box direction. Makes 24 at 98 calories a piece. It's awsomely delicious. The 2 eggs only added 6 calories per cupcake and made them rise and get nice and fluffy. Just added that water cause the batter seemed way to thick for cupcakes. They are in the food bank as Semi Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. Just remember if you add frosting that will up the calories (although if I had some cream cheese in my house that would have been totally worth it!).

Want to make but I have a question? You say bake according to box direction, We do "what" the box says but with "your" ingredients correct?
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE pumpkin cupcakes! I thought I would have to swear off of them this season, but now I don't have too! You = Amazing!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great treat for fall :bigsmile:
  • mommyskis
    Options
    vhuber - yes just use the pumpkin, eggs and water but bake according to box directions. I also followed the directions for how long to beat the ingredients. My box said to bake cupcakes at 350 degrees for 17-23 minutes. Enjoy!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    vhuber - yes just use the pumpkin, eggs and water but bake according to box directions. I also followed the directions for how long to beat the ingredients. My box said to bake cupcakes at 350 degrees for 17-23 minutes. Enjoy!
    [/quote

Thanks very much! Now about that cream cheese frosting?????LOL
  • kimberjones
    Options
    Sounds yummy...I'm thinking I may need to try a gluten free version of this one ... YUM!

Thanks for sharing your recipe!

:flowerforyou:
  • everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    THANKS for sharing!! :smile:
  • mommyskis
    Options
    Now, if anyone has a good low-cal cream cheese frosting recipe that would be great!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Now, if anyone has a good low-cal cream cheese frosting recipe that would be great!

I stole this one from sparkrecipies.com:
    (I didn't calculate how many cals per serving)

8 oz low fat cream cheese (room temp)
    1/2 stick butter or lower fat butter substitute (at room temp)
    1.5 cup powdered sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 oz lemon juice

Directions
    In a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat with mixer until combined. Gradually sift in powdered sugar and beat to smooth consistency. Frost a cooled cake. (Tip: freeze your cake to prevent crumbs from mixing with icing.

Number of Servings: 30
  • mommyskis
    Options

I stole this one from sparkrecipies.com:
    (I didn't calculate how many cals per serving)

8 oz low fat cream cheese (room temp)
    1/2 stick butter or lower fat butter substitute (at room temp)
    1.5 cup powdered sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 oz lemon juice

Directions
    In a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat with mixer until combined. Gradually sift in powdered sugar and beat to smooth consistency. Frost a cooled cake. (Tip: freeze your cake to prevent crumbs from mixing with icing.

Number of Servings: 30
    I went and figured it - it's 45 calories per serving. probably worth every one! Thanks!
  • jadelynn
    Options
    Ingredients
    1 (8oz) package Fat Free cream cheese
    1 (8oz) tub Cool Whip Free Whipped Topping
    1/2 cup Splenda
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
    In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until soft. Add Cool Whip, Splenda, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Makes 12 servings

Number of Servings: 12
    Calories per serving: 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DELICIOUS!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE CUPCAKE RECIPE!!!
  • bluroses
    bluroses Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    <Adding spice cake mix and cream cheese to my grocery list> Thanks for the great treat idea!
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    bump
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I blend fat free cream cheese with fat free cool whip and drizzle it on stuff....very good
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump! :wink:
  • msmeghan
    Options
    Sounds sooo good and perfect for this time of year!
  • mommyskis
    Options

I blend fat free cream cheese with fat free cool whip and drizzle it on stuff....very good

This sounds awesome. I ended up using just cool whip and that wasn't bad, but cool whip and cream cheese together is genius!