what cals are you at?

Options
13»

Replies

• Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1400 cals/day and trying to lose 1 lb/week.
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    At first I was set at 1200 to lose .9/week but now I'm set at 1360 to lose .5/week! I figure I'll lose a little bit slower, but I'll be happier with doing it this way.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    About 1500 calories and I would ideally like to lose .5 to 1 pound a week. But I'm okay with just not gaining any in a week lol
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day really. I hit a plateau and have been advised to increase. I eat between 1800-2000 depending on my activity level (I aim to eat at least 1200 net calories and usually get 1500 net) and have found it to be pretty successful on inch loss.

From the mathematical sense, it's predicted I should lose between 0.5lbs to 1lb a week.I would be pretty happy with that. The slower it goes the better chance of it staying of when I hit my maintenance stage.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to do lol

MFP set me at 1380 Cals per day to lose 2 lbs per week. Depending on numerous things I eat between 1200-1500 per day.

I am 30 years old. 265 now cause I have lost 9 lbs in the last 33 days ( I think ) and I am 5' 4''
    I have an office job where I sit at a desk for like 10 hours a day but have been making it to the gym 2-3x per week, or working out at home if I am not able to go to the gym.

My BMR is like 1907 and my TDEE is 2600 so I dont know if I should adjust my calories or if this is good for me?
    I haven't seen the number on the scale change in 2 weeks - and I think its because I have barely drank any water.
    So today is day 1 for me of ALL water in take every time I am thirsty and in 7 days I will weigh in and see if that helped....
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I eat 2,400-2,500 for a 1.5 loss per week. I usually get about 700-800 exercise calories every day.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I haven't set a "lbs/week" for myself. I just eat maintenance (2400-2500/day) and whatever I burn off from exercise is my deficit. However, I don't let that drop below 1000/day. I'll eat more if I have to.

I'm 223 lbs, 26 y/o, 6' male. Not particularly active.

I've lost, on average, 4 lbs per week, and next to none of that loss was from calories burned. I lost weight by eating healthy.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and currently 228.4 pounds.I have a Body Media Fit which calculates my average daily burn at around 3000 calories including exercise(give or take a few hundred) I eat around 2000 calories and have lost weight consistantly. Lost 1.8 this past week. I don't deprive myself of anything. I believe that moderation is key. That being said, I do try to make better choices the majority of the time. I exercise 6 days per week. I run on Mon, Wed, and Fri. Tuesdays I take an abs and chisel class(strength training) Thursdays are Zumba and strength training. I have one day on the weekend as my rest day, the other day, I do the elliptical crosstrainer and strength training. I also try to take walks on my breaks at work. I am very comfortable at the pace in which I am losing. I feel that my body has been able to bounce back better so I don't have a big loose skin issue.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I'm 6', just under 220lb, and I work out around 6 times a week, for at least an hour each workout. My goal is 1900 calories, and I'm trying to follow the Paleo nutrition path. (I'm new to it, so I can't say much about it yet)
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Im 28, 5ft 6 and sedentary in my job (Monday - Friday) but I do a lot of walking etc. I want to lose 30kilos (60-70lbs) and at 1 1/2lbs per week MFP has me at 1420 a day. Most week days I walk for about an hour at a steady pace, so I account for that, and if I am working on the car with my BF etc. I eat back some of my calories, and am doing fine so far but this isn;t very far in my journey!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    started around 1200 about a year ago -- have plateaued several times, each time upping by 200.... am currently at 1900-2000 calories a day :)
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    1680-2000 depends on ex.maintaining at this cal for a year+ Spike open day 1 day week.
    5'3 with shoes on;-)
    47yrs old
    115-117 weight
    ex-2 dayswk cardio-3 days weights and other days just fun, bike,garden.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    2002 a day to lose 1/2 lb a week
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am down to 2630 a day. I have it set to loose 1lb per week.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    @ 50 years old you get 1600 calories to maintain 140 lbs.

I'm shooting for 1550 calories a day so that I have an extra 300 calories or so to play with on the weekend.

While I was losing giving myself a range saved my sanity.
    But the closer you get to your goal the smaller that range gets.

Anybody have any good strategies for maintenance?

My current range:
    ROCK BOTTOM: 1200
    TARGET: 1550
    HIGH END: 1725
  • KristenMittlestedt
    Options
    My doctor put me on 1200, but I try to mix it up through the week by bouncing between 1200-1300.