Divas at the gym (RANT)

Options
13»

Replies

• BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I had that experience for the first time. I belong to NYSC and they have an express line of machines - basically it's about 12 machines you do one after the other for a full body workout. There was no one else around, so after I finished my cardio I started at machine 1 (as a normal person would do). So about 60 seconds into my first set, this guy comes over and says "You gonna be a while?" I nodded. So he went to the next machine and starts mumbling (I guess he assumed my headphones were loud) that the machines are numbered so you can go in order and now he was out of order. By the time he finally piped down, I finished my sets and went to move on, so he hopped back up and gets behind me. He then proceeded to follow me from machine to machine (in order, had nothing to do with me personally) while grunting and hollering - literally hollering - on each machine. I got as far as the lat pulldown (machine #6) before I gave up and went over to the stretching area to let him pass me, but I was mortified 20 seconds later when some guy said "Who's your friend?" What the crap man... let me do my gym thing in peace, it's bad enough just being me in a gym, I don't need weirdo add-ons! :) I feel your pain!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    u should have started making noises as well. HAHA

That would be classic!

LOL :)

I don't have a gym membership right now, but I am going as a guest with a friend soon. I am SO dragging her to Body Pump so I can grunt through it
  • cjfitnessme
    cjfitnessme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    this thread is so funny. I usually have the heaviest weights of my entire class(including my instructors) cause I am in really good shape, I think of the year I have been taking it I only grunted once when I dropped the bar accidently on my head.:P
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I quit going to the CORE class at the gym after 2 sessions due to the class "divas". The ones who clearly rule the class, ya know. I can't deal with those types and would rather work out on my own than deal with the drama.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    The only noise I make at the gym is a push out breath when I do boxing, I actually had this guy tell me I sounded like an idiot...

Yeah sorry, push out breaths while boxing helps with actually controlling my breathing = I wont keel over and die...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Perfect time and place to fake an orgasm.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Lmao I love the gym!!
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Perfect time and place to fake an orgasm.

THIS!!!

Also, no ones mentioned the stare-ers yet? The people who you only see sitting, waiting, NEAR the equipment but never actually see them do an exercise? And then you get this weird feeling that you shrug off at first but then it happens again and again and YES I CAN SEE YOU AND YOU ARE STARING AT PEOPLE AND NOT DOING ANYTHING...WHY? WHY? AHHHH!!?

Then, I would probably flip a table over, and storm out. Then I'd probably have to go back for my water bottle or something.
  • 3liza
    3liza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lolx
  • 3liza
    3liza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    One time at the gym this guy was doing crunches right next to me and let out two loud farts....what would you have done?? I had to bite my tongue because I wanted to ROFL.
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is terrible to vent a little about this. I remember a guy at my gym that looked like one of those professional body builders you see on TV oil and all. He loaded the weight machine up and got under it and started to lift. Half way through the lift he actually did the he-man warrior yell. My friend and I tried really hard not to laugh but when he dropped the weight and yes he only made one attempt to lift that monster, he actually thumbed up us gave us a wink and we couldn't help but double over laughing. I was a terrible person cause for weeks I told everyone I knew about him.
  • scriehl
    scriehl Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I thought only women could be divas?

yep. I have heard a man is called a Divo...IDK sounds silly..lol

Wasnt there a group with that name in the 80s. They wore strange hats. Excuse me my age is showing.

Crack that whip!
    Devo:

devo.jpg
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    One time at the gym this guy was doing crunches right next to me and let out two loud farts....what would you have done?? I had to bite my tongue because I wanted to ROFL.

Last time I did that I got up and said, "man, those floor boards are really broken. They should fix that". At least it got a laugh.
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    The guy on the treadmill next to me last night was laughing hysterically whilst running. The sound of running and hysterical laughter together is a bit terrifying.....like being chased by a lunatic.

I wouldn't call him a diva, but it was creepy.

I laughed out loud, not an "lol" but a legit laugh out loud
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Crunches/sit ups make allot of people fart lol.

Grading PT tests in the Army there was non stop farts going during the sit ups portion lol. All up and down the line you would hear farts.
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do have to say that when I was involved in martial arts the "kiyop"-ing didn't bother me a bit, but in the regular gym I try to avoid letting out the grunts I sometimes feel. On occasion one will slip out from old habit, but very rarely.

My personal pet peeve is people on the treadmill who are talking on their cell phones- for some reason I just feel like you aren't working hard enough if you can hold a conversation. Realistically, I understand that some people are there just to get a little walking in, but it still bothers me.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    The lead singer of Devo is now the "artist" in Yo Gabba Gabba. I think he should have stuck with music because my 19 month old son draws better than he does. Just saying.

He's also the creative talent behind many animated shows music like Rugrats. Mark Mothersbaugh. He also created the music for the Mario Brothers video games. He's a weirdly talented guy....
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

"Excuse me? Could you repeat that?"
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I probably would have asked him if he could quiet down...but I'm rude like that....hahahaha

I would've given him the evil eye and perhaps not so accidentally say 'really?'. Of course I do that when someone next to me sneezes and don't cover their mouth!
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Crunches/sit ups make allot of people fart lol.

Grading PT tests in the Army there was non stop farts going during the sit ups portion lol. All up and down the line you would hear farts.

Ewwww!