Tall women & heels??

Options
terrara715
terrara715 Posts: 15 Member
Ugh! Ok so give me your opinion...

I went to Target with hubby & the kids yesterday. We had to get a few Rx filled for hubby so while we waited, we decided to walk around. I came across a pair of heels that I have had my eye on for a while and guess what?! They are on clearance for $12!! I fell in LOVE!! Wanted them soooo bad!!

So what's the catch you say?? Well, I am 5'10 and hubby is 5'8 :( I am FINALLY confident to wear heels after loosing 50lbs (going for another 50 more :) ) and now hubby is self conscious of my height :-/ Just my luck. I REALLY want them and at $12, I can put them away until I go out with my girls, but hubby says No :( Well not really no, but I could tell it would bother him so I left the store without them.

Should I just go buy them & put them up for a night out? Should tall women NOT wear heels? What do you think?

Oh and here are the heels :)

http://www.target.com/p/journ-womens-platform-heels/-/A-14047341

Replies

• katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and hubby is 5'7"... he also would get a little negative about me putting on heels - until i got to where i am now and i try the heels on with a short skirt :tongue:

now he goes and looks for more 3" heels for me to buy...

if only he'd put that energy into finding a babysitter so we can go out and i can wear them... i say buy them - it's just $12 - hope you have a great day!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Get em, get em, get em.

Wear them out on a date night with your hubby. I bet an evening of you feeling like a sexy, powerful badass will help your husband get over himself.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you're wearing them and feel so sexy and confident, I'm sure he'll be happy!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Love them. Definitely get them and wear them with confidence. I am 5' 7" , same height as my husband, and wear heels. He loves them. You won't be wearing them everyday next to him. SPLURGE!
  • geminitwin1979
    Options
    5ft 9 here and i wear killer heels a lot! If they make u feel great and sexy ..buy them ...its about u !! plus they will make ur legs look incredible !!! buy buy buy !!!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Ok so give me your opinion...

I went to Target with hubby & the kids yesterday. We had to get a few Rx filled for hubby so while we waited, we decided to walk around. I came across a pair of heels that I have had my eye on for a while and guess what?! They are on clearance for $12!! I fell in LOVE!! Wanted them soooo bad!!

So what's the catch you say?? Well, I am 5'10 and hubby is 5'8 :( I am FINALLY confident to wear heels after loosing 50lbs (going for another 50 more :) ) and now hubby is self conscious of my height :-/ Just my luck. I REALLY want them and at $12, I can put them away until I go out with my girls, but hubby says No :( Well not really no, but I could tell it would bother him so I left the store without them.

Should I just go buy them & put them up for a night out? Should tall women NOT wear heels? What do you think?

Oh and here are the heels :)

http://www.target.com/p/journ-womens-platform-heels/-/A-14047341

Girl, rock those heels!!! I am 6'1 my hubs is 5'11, I wear heels ALL the time and it gives me an extra 2-3 inches!!! Rock em! :-)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    5"9 and ALWAYS wear heels
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    If he doesn't want you to get them, even to wear out with girl friends when he is not around, I bet there is another issue going on.

The heels are cute, and my guess is that when you wear them, you will be dressed up, and having men flock over to you. And he doesn't like that thought. Just my guess.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Get your *kitten* back there and get them!!

Save them for girls night since he's not down. Which is crazy because tall girls in heels rock. I'm 5 11.., I might be biased.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    buy them!

They will make you feel pretty and confident and I bet hubby will notice that and think you you are even more beautiful. As long as you don't tower over him all they time he should accept it.

My best friend is 5'10" and her husband is also 5"10ish. he loves her in heels b/c they make her happy.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Super cute heels!! I say go for it!!

I am 5'10".. and today I am wearing 4.5" heels. I think there is nothing wrong with tall girls wearing heels!! Makes me feel all sexy and such :)
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    buy them and wear them to bed i bet he will enjoy that :)
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    hands down...buy the shoes!!! you like em', you deserve em'.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    tall women and heels = sexy!!
    doesn't he want to show off his sexy lady?
    wish i was tall =(

that being said, id go get those shoes because IMO i know what looks good and what i like and no man could ever tell me different! he needs to get over it LOL
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    5ft 9 here and i wear killer heels a lot! If they make u feel great and sexy ..buy them ...its about u !! plus they will make ur legs look incredible !!! buy buy buy !!!
    This, and IMO I don't care if the woman is taller. I love to see long legs on heels, very sexy...
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and my husband is 5'4". Given, I don't wear heels all the time because of the looks we get, but trust me, if you love them, then buy them. The confidence you exude while looking good will convert your husband in no time :)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I dont think you should NOT wear heels.... i do think it might be something to discuss with your husband though. My last serious partner was 5'4" and I'm 5'6" flatfooted... I wore heels and he loved it. Everyone is different though.

Oh, and I have those shoes in plain tan.... theyre hella cute but still pinch my footfat by the end of the day because my foot slides forward. If you get them, i might suggest the little ball-of-the-foot padding to prevent sliding forward since the heel is so high
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    dang... thought that this was a pic thread.... :wink:

/agree though nothing wrong with it. (course I'm 6'3")
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my boyfriend is 5'9". He HATES when I wear heels.. it gives him a complex. I rarely wear them when we're out together (I do every now and then), but I do wear them to work and such which adds an extra 3" or so. I get looks for being SO tall, but I don't care. :P

I say if you want 'em, get them! He will have to suck it up and get over it.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i am 5'11" and i love wearing my heals :smile: takes a confident tall woman to pull it off, go for it!