Tall women & heels??

Options

Replies

• MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Ugh! Ok so give me your opinion...

I went to Target with hubby & the kids yesterday. We had to get a few Rx filled for hubby so while we waited, we decided to walk around. I came across a pair of heels that I have had my eye on for a while and guess what?! They are on clearance for $12!! I fell in LOVE!! Wanted them soooo bad!!

So what's the catch you say?? Well, I am 5'10 and hubby is 5'8 :( I am FINALLY confident to wear heels after loosing 50lbs (going for another 50 more :) ) and now hubby is self conscious of my height :-/ Just my luck. I REALLY want them and at $12, I can put them away until I go out with my girls, but hubby says No :( Well not really no, but I could tell it would bother him so I left the store without them.

Should I just go buy them & put them up for a night out? Should tall women NOT wear heels? What do you think?

Oh and here are the heels :)

http://www.target.com/p/journ-womens-platform-heels/-/A-14047341

Go for it and stand proud! He should be happy that you're confident in your height and stature. (Besides, he's actually above average height himself (I think the average male is just over 5'7"), so it's not like you'll just be taller than him. You'll be taller than lots of people, male and female. And if anyone says any wisecracks, he can still beat them up. :)
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Wow, I drooled over those shoes. Do it missy, at least for girls night! And you never know, he just may love how long and sexy your legs can look in heels. :wink:
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Never turn down a great pair of shoes! Especially heels!! It's so hard to find cute shoes, everything is so plain and blah. You better go buy them before someone else does!!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Wear them.................he can say you are his trophy wife!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    my fiance gets super self-conscience as well, i will still wear em. but it does effect my shoe making decisions on a daily basis and i wish it didn't
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Wear them with something sexy...walk into the living room while he is mesmerized by the TV, stand in front of him with hands on hips, and then put your foot on his chest and ask him what he thinks of your heels.

Bet he won't say a damn thing except attack you.
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am not tall but neither is my husband! I am around 5'4 and he is around 5'6, when I wear heels I am taller then he is. I don't know that he is mad keen on it but he wouln't ever stop me. I say just go for it!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    <---- heels.....nothing else.....seriously....gotta love em'
  • Gorussell
    Gorussell Posts: 18
    Options
    Get Um. I am 5'7 and hubby is 5'10 however I wear 4 inch heels or higher. Sometimes he likes I'm sometimes he says let me see how tall u r tonight. Lol This is my feeling, I am 42 and older women at work (when I use to work, I'm not working now) would always say to me "I wish I could wear heels but as they aged they r no longer able to Mayb bec of knee injuries or other reasons. With that being said I want to enjoy heels while I can. And I personally think couples look awesome when the woman is Ali
    And taller than her partner, part of the reason I wanted to loose weight:-) hope my opinion helps u at least a little bit:-) now I'm about to check those shoes out cause u posted a link and I love a sale:-)
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Ok so give me your opinion...

I went to Target with hubby & the kids yesterday. We had to get a few Rx filled for hubby so while we waited, we decided to walk around. I came across a pair of heels that I have had my eye on for a while and guess what?! They are on clearance for $12!! I fell in LOVE!! Wanted them soooo bad!!

So what's the catch you say?? Well, I am 5'10 and hubby is 5'8 :( I am FINALLY confident to wear heels after loosing 50lbs (going for another 50 more :) ) and now hubby is self conscious of my height :-/ Just my luck. I REALLY want them and at $12, I can put them away until I go out with my girls, but hubby says No :( Well not really no, but I could tell it would bother him so I left the store without them.

Should I just go buy them & put them up for a night out? Should tall women NOT wear heels? What do you think?

Oh and here are the heels :)

http://www.target.com/p/journ-womens-platform-heels/-/A-14047341

I think tall women CAN wear tall heels if you feel confident in them. MORE POWER TO YOU!!! I am 5'11 and my fiance is 6'1. He doesn't mind if I bought heels....he wouldn't even mind if I was taller than him. When I go to the store I make him stand by me when I am trying them on to see if I am taller than him or not. I personally don't like to be taller than him. But, he has changed my view on that slightly. He said, "who cares" Even if I was a little taller than him, he is bigger than me. Very broad shoulders, big arms,ect. Good for you that it doesn't bother you. It shouldn't bother your husband, but you can't change the way he feels. I guess I would get them if they make you feel good and you love them! But, if he absolutely doesn't want you to get them even if they are only for a girls night out, I guess I wouldn't. Not worth the argument.
  • melinda200208
    Options
    Tall women SHOULD wear heels if they are comfortable in them!

AGREED!! :smile:
  • melinda200208
    Options
    What the heck, I AM going to buy them!!

I LOVED them and I felt sexy as hell in them!! And like ya'll said, maybe he'll end up liking them half as much as I love them :)

Good for you!!! I am 5'11 and am slowly getting used to wearing some heels. Not super high heels but dress shoes with heels. It's crazy how much sexier you feel wearing heels!! You go girl!!!
  • angirs
    angirs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! I am taller than my SO, he says he doesn't mind because he feels like he is with a super model. :)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Tell him to grow up or shut up. But them and wear them when YOU want to.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    Tell him to grow up or shut up. But them and wear them when YOU want to.

:laugh: :laugh: ^this

and Im 5'9 and ill never give up my heels. Makes me feel like a sexy woman!
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    Tall women shouldn't wear heels.....bad enough you guys got long gorgeous legs, but gotta wear heels to flatter them. :mad: GEEZ! Make it harder for us munchkins why don't you! Lol

Go get those heels and feel sexy!!!
  • terrara715
    terrara715 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tall women shouldn't wear heels.....bad enough you guys got long gorgeous legs, but gotta wear heels to flatter them. :mad: GEEZ! Make it harder for us munchkins why don't you! Lol

If it makes you feel any better. I have always wanted to be short. :P

You wouldn't believe how often I am asked to get things from the top shelf at the grocery store by complete strangers. Lol.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Heels make you feel good (if you ignore the pain :laugh: ) Find a guy that's either tall enough or secure enough in himself to not have to worry about this.
  • terrara715
    terrara715 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Heels make you feel good (if you ignore the pain :laugh: ) Find a guy that's either tall enough or secure enough in himself to not have to worry about this.

I'm married so there's no getting rid of him, unfortunately. :ohwell:
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options

If it makes you feel any better. I have always wanted to be short. :P

You wouldn't believe how often I am asked to get things from the top shelf at the grocery store by complete strangers. Lol.

Lol! I'm 5'2....i can imagine how many times you get asked bc I'm the one always asking lol