• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    need it for lap dances and strippers
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    In on Azdak thread.

I use cash a fair amount. I'm an entertainer and on occasion I'll get paid in cash so I'll typically have a few hundred on me. Granted the big things are obviously paid electronically, but small purchases I use cash quite a bit.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    I only use cash for hookers and blow.
    Thank you. Last time I tried to pay with debit card I got the crap beat out of me. She was pretty tough.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I carry at least a couple hundred at all times. You have no idea when you might need it. Rather have it and not use it, then need it and not have it.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    After all of the crazy stuff that went down with the banks a couple of years ago I closed my bank account. I do everything with cash or money orders now. I don't trust the banks and I see no reason why I should pay for their execs to go to Vegas for a holiday (ooops, my bad, for a "convention") when I can't afford to go myself.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

for.the.win.
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Very rarely do I use cash anymore. I have a tendancy to lose it quicker.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

When I swiped my card...she WAS MAD!!:angry:
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

I literally typed out "I always use cash to pay for my hookers & blow. I don't want that **** traced back to me." && then I scrolled down and seen your comment. Dangit!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

When I swiped my card...she WAS MAD!!:angry:

:laugh:
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    need it for lap dances and strippers

^^ THIS What a better way help to put those hard working single Mom's through Collage.... What??? ... Next time you are in a strip joint you ask them why they do it.. 95% of them will tell you this exactly. It's all about the illusion kids... all about the illusion...
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I never carry cash anymore. Much easier just to put the debit card in my back pocket.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I use cash as much as I possibly can. I don't want a paper trail so people can study and analyse my shopping habits! They do actually do that, you know.

Or if I wanted to suddenly disappear. It would be a lot harder to trace me.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I only use my credit card to buy groceries, and overseas when I go to Germany. Otherwise I use my debit card for everything.

I do always carry at least a $20 in my wallet, though.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I try to remember to keep a few singles in my wallet for tipping at the car wash, but that's about it. I prefer to use my debit card so I have a record of where my money is going.
    I try to keep singles in my wallet too, but for a totally different reason..
  • pxlkitty4
    pxlkitty4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cash transactions include: $1 for parking at the gym. Money for babysitter... Money for neighbor who mows lawn. That's it!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I use mostly cash.....why?
    Less of a trail. Maybe I don't want everybody tracking my purchases.
    And maybe I like slipping cash to people who help me out with things without the worry of our business going beyond the 2 of us.
    People help people who carry cash.
    Believe it :smokin:
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    We use debit card for EVERYTHING! We do write checks every once in a while, but we rarely have any cash at all on us. Money is safer in the bank lol
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I carry cash and use it for purchases under $5. Maybe I am OCD but it drives me nutty to see 10 charges per day for $1-2 (slight exaggeration...) I ran out of checks six months ago and refuse to pay $35 for a new bath of checks when I can pay over the phone for two bills and auto debit the rest!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only carry cash if I'm going to a festival or parking somewhere I know I won't be able to use a card.