New to BodyRock? Start here!

Options
Hi all! I noticed a lot of people interested in BodyRock (bodyrock.tv) who get discouraged by their sometimes hard-to-navigate website. I created this document to take the guesswork out of it. It includes a calendar that you can personalize, descriptions and links to a 30-day challenge, and information on the equipment and some alternative options to each one. The suggestions are all from what I have learned so far in my few months of BodyRocking and what has worked for me. I have lost fat and increased my lean muscle mass. I can see more definition and areas of my body that I forgot about working are all telling me they feel the workouts!

The 30-day challenge I've used here is the "May" challenge from the BR website. Use it for whatever month you'd like. You don't need equipment and these routines are between 12-30 minutes each. There are not a whole lot of excuses to be found for NOT doing a BodyRock!

Here's the link. If there is anything you might add or improve, let me know. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is appreciated, all others is ignored. :flowerforyou: I hope you all enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz4JD-fVgThfbEx6dC0xWmFJOHM

Replies

• sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing!

I can't believe that no-one else replied to this!

Personally, I will definitely be using this as I am more than halfway through the 30 day challenge but couldn't figure out the rest of the challenge as the website is so hard to understand!

Thanks a million, you are a STAR! :o)
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Tagging this up so I can refer to it later! Thank you :smile:
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't get past the main page on that site, this is a rad idea.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    That looks like a great resource for people to use! I'm sure a lot of people will find that quite useful. It's too bad Zuzana left BR. She was much better than the current hosts.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump, Thank you for the time and effort you put into this.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this...
  • Linzight
    Linzight Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is great thank you!
  • aray1107
    aray1107 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks! Bump.
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump...

One of the ladies from my FL does BR and I have tried to navigate through their site and it is very confusing! I am currently in 1/2 marathon training, but will definitely look into this once it is completed.

Thanks for this...
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great info! I have been doing BodyRock for about 3 months now and loved the May challenge. I also integrate Zuzana's workouts (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrd4Hfglr4EczsLXKdGvCLA/videos) as they are similar in how short and intense they are. My strength has for sure improved (I could barely do 1 burpee or push up when I started!) and I'm seeing muscle definition even iny abs.

The spreadsheet wouldn't open for me, but I can just say that I use my treadmill handles instead of the equalizers! They work great for reverse push ups and knee lifts!
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Thanks. This will be useful for me to start. I looked at their page and marked it for later only as I wasn't quite sue where to begin compared to some other sites like fitness blender & blogilates.

There are so many workouts to choose from but it was a little like info overload to find ones that are mainly body weight as I don't have some of the equipment.
  • kc4173
    kc4173 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    bump for later. Starting it back up in the mornings once I finish my final paper for my summer school class
  • tkordi01
    tkordi01 Posts: 1
    Options
    bump for later. Thanks!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Wow guys, I am SO glad this helped! It was my pleasure.

Someone else commented about Zuzana's (she is the old BR host) workouts that she has on youtube. I should have mentioned them too. They're KILLER. Look up "Zwow" or "zuzana" on youtube and have at it. I did a few routines of hers last night and my body definitely knows it today!

Also, I just built a homemade equalizer! It's possible! as a tip- buy at least 1" PVC pipes in order to make this sturdy. It took me about 30 minutes to put together!

2r59kxk.jpg
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    That Equalizer looks ace! Might have to take a trip to B&Q this weekend.

I would also point out that for those that don't have equipment, they always give you alternatives to do instead.

Also, where I am not able to do the exercise in a particular workout (whether it's coz I don'y have the equipment or I just can't do the move I will replace it with something similar from one of the other workouts). I really think the key is being prepared before you start the workouts.

Also, I recently purchased the Iron Gym by JML and it is AWESOME for hanging knee raises/ chin ups etc. I do hanging knee raises as a replacement for moves using the Equalizer (although thanks to the post above ^^^ I now want to build a homemade Equalizer!).

Thanks again sarahkatara :-D
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    saving this thread so i can give br a go to mix it up a bit :) TY for your efforts and sharing them.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, I love bodyrock, but admit I have only done a few of the workouts. I will check it out and possibly do a few more....
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks!