Replies

• I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Go go go!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have found that the best workouts are the ones where I didn't feel like going. Go. Give yourself permission to do a light workout, and I bet you'll work your *kitten* off.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What sort of goals do you have for your fitness? Are you looking get to "sorta good enough", or are you looking to get in great shape?
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    "I totally regret doing that workout." - Nobody, ever

Do it :p
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Was in the same situation today when I left work. Sleepy, tired, lazy feeling. Went to the gym anyway. Ran 3.5 miles, worked out too. Feel MUCH better. Just do it.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The gym sessions you go to when you really don't want to are the ones to be proud of.

This is the most true thing ever. We have a gym at work, so I lift at lunch and today I told my workout partner that we should go to Chili's and eat nachos (long f--king week....) and he told me to sack up and lift. I did and I feel sooooooo much better.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I have found that the best workouts are the ones where I didn't feel like going. Go. Give yourself permission to do a light workout, and I bet you'll work your *kitten* off.

This is exactly what I do!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: yes you will feel better about today tomorow if you do
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    How you feel is irrelevant if you are properly rested.
    Drink a cup of coffee and get to it.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Is there any reason you shouldn't?

Even if I'm tired, I usually feel more energetic after a good workout.
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Really glad I came today!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It's Friday afternoon and I brought my gym clothes to work with great intentions. I feel sleepy though and would love nothing more than to go home after the day is over. Is there any reason i should go workout today? :/

A workout may be exactly what you need, but rest may be exactly what you need. LISTEN TO YOU BODY.
    Is it just a mood? Then workout you'll feel better mentally and physically.
    Are you totally exhausted? Then don't workout, you could injure yourself because you aren't using proper form and your body may truly just need some rest.
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think most people have this problem where they think working out should be fun. You can get some enjoyment out of working out, but if you're enjoying it too much, you're not working out properly. Working out should be a job. It should be strenuous and difficult. Something you have to push yourself through every workout. I'm sure you often don't want to go to work or when you're at work, you want to go home, but you know you gotta fight through it. Think of working out like that. I get annoyed when I see people who are too happy at the gym, screwing around and laughing. You need to take it serious if you want to maximize your results.
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You people are awesome. I did not want to work out today either, and actually had to take some pain medication because of the pain I am in from this past couple days of upping my workouts. Was going to take the night off, but your comments have made me go and do it. The fact that I would spend the next couple days feeling guilty for skipping Fridays workout would have sucked.