Oatmeal & Peanutbutter?

Options

Replies

• cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I cook steel-cut oats, stir in 1T. of peanut butter + half a banana, or some berries. Chopped apple in the winter would work with the oatmeal-PB combo. Really keeps one satisfied the way regular cooked oatmeal flakes simply don't plus the steel-cut is less refined and more nutritious. What's not to love about that? Yum!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter mixed with apple cinnamon oatmeal...oh my gosh, yum!
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I make overnight oatmeal and put a serving of PB2 w/ cocoa in it. Major yummy!

ETA: I also like to add some apple chunks to it
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I almost always put PB in my oatmeal.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I LOVE oatmeal with peanut butter. Or even better, almond butter. I don't mix it in, i just put a spoonful on top and let it melt.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I just started mixing 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter into my plain oatmeal and I LOVE it. I didn't think I would like it, but I really do. I have also mixed in a few chopped natural or honey roasted almonds for some crunch.
  • jlmauchgibbs
    jlmauchgibbs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is funny because I recently started eating instant apple/cinn oatmeal with a tablespoon of chunky pb added to the top when it's hot. The peanut butter melts into the oatmeal and it's DELICIOUS! Give it a try!
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    YUCKO
    BUCKO
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Its delicious
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried cooked oatmeal with PB but that would be something I'd like to try! I know I love no-bake cookies and that's what I think of when I think of them together lol
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I loved it :) I stir mine in after the oatmeal is cooked/heated up. I sometimes put a spoonful of nutella in - now THAT is yum!

This.

Don't put the pb in until the oatmeal is cooked and removed from the heat. I use steel cut oats and add 1tbsp Jif Natural creamy peanut butter + ~1tbsp stevia extract (it needs the extra sweetness, IMO). Also, either nutella (~1-2tsp) or ~1tbsp mini chocolate chips added in is pure heaven.

This is starting to sound like some cookies my mom made when I was little. yummy!!!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I love it. I either do peanut butter and banana or peanut butter, cinnamon, and truvia.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes. Very. I eat it every morning with cinnamon sprinkled in.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It's my go to breakfast before my long runs. Today, I had oatmeal, natural peanut butter, blueberries, cinnamon, and honey. Delicious.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Omggggggg those are my favorite
    I haven't tried cooked oatmeal with PB but that would be something I'd like to try! I know I love no-bake cookies and that's what I think of when I think of them together lol
  • Godsrunner
    Options
    I love a swirl of peanut butter added to my cooked oatmeal...
  • Godsrunner
    Options
    pb could make a dirty sock taste good, what a question!

YEP PB is amazing...
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I put skippy in oatmeal all the time and add banana. So freaking good. Don't know about the all natural though....not a fan of its texture in the first place.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I loved it :) I stir mine in after the oatmeal is cooked/heated up. I sometimes put a spoonful of nutella in - now THAT is yum!

I hate hate hate oatmeal but ill eat it with out gagging if i stir in peanutbutter