Oatmeal & Peanutbutter?

Options

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I've had this almost every morning for breakfast for months now, usually with a banana sliced into it as well. Lately I've used PB2 rather than actual peanut butter.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    i put pb2 in it with some chopped strawberries.
    it's like pb&j.

This^^^^^^, sometimes i will use a banana or diced peaches, and a little stevia. Wonderful, I eat this everyday
  • ikillem
    ikillem Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i like doing greek yogurt mixed with oatmeal.......nom noms
  • KatyBugs1724
    Options
    When I do that, I'll usually just put in a Tbsp so it isn't very noticeable, just very subtly peanutty and slightly creamier. I like it though!
  • golightlyphilosophy
    Options
    I love it! It ! I like to add sugar free apple sauce too. Maybe I'm a weirdo.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    YES! I freaking love PB in my oatmeal!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    no bake cookies have oatmeal, pb and coco in them so if you can eat oatmeal then pb might be good in it, actually I don't like oatmeal cooked for breakfast but I may have to try the refridgertor oatmeal, chocolate and pb sounds pretty yummy
  • kotcherr
    kotcherr Posts: 34
    Options
    I think it's really good!
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hmmm? same theory that says I like chocolate ice cream and teriyaki sauce. Should I put those together? :laugh: :wink: :smile:
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Oatmeal and peanut butter is absolutely delicious. Pretty high-calorie though.
  • Mrs_Sheila
    Mrs_Sheila Posts: 39
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter in my oatmeal! It's worth the extra few calories, for a little goes a long way! I use 1 tbs and sometimes will sprinkle with about 2 tsp mini choc chips and a tiny bit of shredded coconut!!! YES it's more calories then plain oatmeal, but it feels me up, lasts longer and knowing i started my day with a "treat" often times wards off the need for junk later down the day.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Yes! I use PB2 though. I add 1 tbsp of chocolate chips. It's like pb cup in a bowl. nom nom

It isn't that high calories breakfast.

If you used regular pb, it would around 465 calories for breakfast. :wink:
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    There is this recipe they call Breakfast Bars from Weight Watchers. They are made with Oatmeal, peanut butter, applesauce, nonfat dry milk, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice..and they are delicious...I might post the recipe if I can find the recipe...:)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's delicious.
    I usually add apple or banana for a bit of sweetness.
    Sometimes cinnamon or vanilla for a change.
    Yum!

Try it and see if you like it!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    yep PB and then honey on top. delish!
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's funny because it;s a recipe Dr Oz recommended. 1 tbsp of oatmeal and 1 tbsp of pb. I make 3 lilttle balls then drizzle melted bitter black chocolate and serve it on a banana platter. But that's a very special treat.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    OMG YES!!! It's like a peanutbutter cookie!!! Also try cinnamon oatmeal with apple sauce and a few raisins tossed in and it's like an oatmeal cookie!
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Never tried it but it sounds interesting
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter in my oatmeal! It's worth the extra few calories, for a little goes a long way! I use 1 tbs and sometimes will sprinkle with about 2 tsp mini choc chips and a tiny bit of shredded coconut!!! YES it's more calories then plain oatmeal, but it feels me up, lasts longer and knowing i started my day with a "treat" often times wards off the need for junk later down the day.

It feels you up? Holy cow! I gotta make that...haven't been getting much attention from hubby lately.....LOL
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I had pb2 with oats today and loved it but depends on preference. I'm a pb2 junkie!

http://bellplantation.com/