Replies

• simonsayzz
    simonsayzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, Wednesday's it is!
  • girlcube
    girlcube Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record daily at the same time. I am a science nerd, so data is good.

Its interesting to see the patterns. I realize that water and TOM can make a difference, so I don't sweat it too much if its up for a few days and one of the criteria are hit (TOM or maybe too much salt).

Measurements get recorded every couple weeks or so.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I look most days out of interest but don't log weight.
    Official day is Friday when back from work, because I would forget other days (actually look forward to it atm), this is only day I actually measure (inches, body fat, bmi and blood pressure).
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    Wednesdays...I stay away from weighing-in everyday because if I see the scale go up I feel like im wasting my time.
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Everyday after i wake up and pee....but also i enter the number into an excel sheet to see the general trend of my weight loss...generally my weight will shift by about 2-3 pounds from day to day
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday (bad, I know) but only count my friday. I let myself have 1 stress free, non calorie counting day. I usually still lose through the week. I'm 5'3 117lbs and I workout 5-6 days a week, extra hard on saturdays to control what I do to myself on friday lol!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it impacts my diet since I will still eat more on the weekends (but weekends is also long run days so it balances out).. but I weigh on Sunday. This is the end of my exercise "week"... MFP and Dailymile both track as Mon-Sunday weeks so that helps me stay in line. I also do my weekly recaps on Sunday for this reason.
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    I like to weigh every other day/every three days right away in the morning. Sometimes I will weigh more than that, too! Seeing even the ounces go down day-to-day is motivation enough for me to keep doing what I am doing. I am too impatient to wait longer! I dont see that as a problem, though.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily upon awaking before eating or drinking but after a good morning pooh.:drinker:
    And I record any gains the instant I enter a newer, lower number.
    EXAMPLE: If I was 199.9, then saw my weight creeping down day after day, I would not record a new weight on MFP until that scale said 198.9.
    And I record 198....and so on....
    Makes it more fun for me, but some people who stress out over the scale would go insane doing this.
    I get it.
    To each his own.
    I also track progress with bodyfat. Weight is not the whole picture, and the scale can lie as badly as the man in the mirror.
    You can check here for free: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
    Something else to obsess over? Not al all.
    Remember, you rule the numbers - not the other way around.
    Have a great day!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I typically do Monday mornings. I do tend to "cheat" a bit on the weekends so I figure Monday weigh-ins keep me a little bit more controlled.

This.
  • HoneyIShrunktheMom
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday mornings. Reason being, is that I have to keep it in check over the weekend if I want to see a loss on Monday morning. Weekends are always the most tempting times for me to go out for pizza, have a little extra steak cooked from the grill, of munch on a whole bag of chips while watching tv on Saturday night.

Knowing that I have to weigh in on Monday morning will usually prevent me from blowing it on a Saturday night! :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Day after a rest day, so no false weight gains or losses from exercise using up glucose stores, or lost water weight I'll drink right back.

That day was Sat, but it appears Sun will now be that day.

Has no effect on diet selections though. Workouts going well above the planned workout does though since I have extra to eat back.
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday (keeps me motivated) but I only LOG weights on Sunday
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I've been weighing myself at the gym on Monday night and Thursday night. Last week the scale was messed up so I skipped weighing this week. Hopefully will start that back next week! :flowerforyou:
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    Saturday is my only guaranteed day off work, so that's usually when I log simply because that's when I'll have the time to go through the 'ritual' of weighing in lol. I need coffee first, and to use the bathroom, and to get the Wii Fit all set up, etc.
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sunday it's the day i start day 1 of the new week of p90x and I like to start off the week anyway knowing what my new goal weight is going to be.
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I tend to be lazier on the weekends so weighing in Sunday was hard on me. Now I have a whole different perspective on this and weigh in Friday because I've been working my butt off the whole week and if I want to eat out on Friday night and start over Saturday it has helped me. At work we had a weight loss challenge and they picked Wednesday morning. I absolutely hated Wednesdays. But managed to complete the whole 12 weeks and lost 7 lbs... Now I'm on track for my weight loss!
  • 101hellokittys
    Options
    i weigh in on Wednesdays because that's the day i started MFP!
  • kayish
    kayish Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Wednesday. I noticed I tend to weigh more the earlier I weigh myself and since I usually always have Wednesday's off and can sleep in later it works for me. Plus it gives me a couple days to get back on track if I don't eat too good on the weekend. :)
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    i weigh on sunday, but sometimes i forget and don't weigh til tuesday :ohwell: