What's your favourite newly discovered food?

Options

Replies

• JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Pistachios! Don't know why it took me so long to try them but now I eat them pretty much every day.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Celery Root! That freaky looking thing ... cooked, and mashed ... yumm!
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I never used to drink a lot (not alcohol) I just never used to feel it until I was dehydrated. I drank a cup of coffee or unsweetened ice tea, but hardly ever more than a glass of water a day. Although I could drink a Lifewater here or there. Well now I am a water drinker...if I don't have at least 9 glasses I am thirsty and craving it....craving water, I would have never believed it. I like to on occasion, add a lime twist or a slice of orange to it.

Limes- I am squeezing limes on to a lot of things lately too. Fresh steamed veggies, over salads, when I cook chicken and Mexican inspired dishes. I think it adds a clean taste to it and makes the food pop.

Quinoa- Was never really sure what it was or what to do with it. I started noticing that it was always an item at our Whole Foods Market hot bar. So I tried it, it is really, really good. I have not tried it a lot of ways yet, but I'm sure I can think things up. The favorite way now is with sauteed red peppers and onions and fresh cut tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, crumbled feta cheese and a nice green olive oil drizzle. It's great cold and a quick snack when you have the munchies.

Baked sweet potatoes.... They are good for you, inexpensive and fill you up. I like to cut them in wedges, drizzle a small amount of olive oil, garlic powder, fresh cracked pepper, and kosher salt toss them together and arrange on a baking sheet. The bonus is the teenagers cannot wait until they are out of the oven.
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Egg whites! And low fat Wheat Thins crackers. And rye bread.

I guess none of those are new, just that I'm newly eating them... all the freaking time.

I make these sandwiches which are toasted rye bread, old cheddar cheese, alfalfa sprouts, and a dill pickle slice. So good. Soooooo good. Have it almost everyday.
  • superfitconball
    superfitconball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love Crunch organic granola: http://www.naturespath.com/products/premium granola?tid=All&brand=All&nutri=All

it's awesome when i have lots of calories left over at the end of the day.

Second that one! It's my treat on days I do well!
    Plus I love the story behind it and how they donate a bag for every bag sold. Tastes good and feels good.

Another one is Greek yogurt (which I have with my love crunch)
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    This may sound dumb but natural creamy peanut butter with a teeny bit of agave nectar on it spread on whole grain toast. That, an almond milk steamer and a piece of fruit is my go-to breakfast these days. I love the taste aaaaannnnd, it keeps me from feeling hungry until lunch time!
  • QUEENPINKSPARKLEPARADISEBOUND
    Options
    Oh mine is fresh strawberrys bluberries and mangos on a bed of spring mix salad:drinker:
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Clementines and popcorn chips.
  • athompson333
    Options
    Cauliflower. Mashed, as rice, as pizza crust. Or just steamed, LOVE IT!
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk yoghurt (mixed berry)... So yummy!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Chard, beets, coconut milk, and coconut oil. I used coconut oil to make soap and put in my hair, but never thought to cook with it. Yum!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Coconut everything-milk, yogurt, ice cream, oil for cooking... Ive even been wearing a coconut body spray all the time lately-its a wonder i dont urn into a coconut.

Greek yogurt, any flavor

Soy chorizo-yummmmmmmm. Only fake meat i like. Is there any other faux meat as good as this? Im asking seriously, cos i bought some soy 'crumbles' the other day thats sposed to sub for ground beef, and thats exactly what it tasted like -soy crumbles :/.

Bella Sun Carne Asada marinade-i literally bought six bottles of this today, cos my bottle is almost empty, and ive only seen it at Luckys and their stock is almost gone. This stuff makes EVERYTHING better-burgers- hey, maybe i could soak my 'soy crumbles' in it- chicken, seafood.... I like to use a tiny bit to sautee mushrooms in - so good. And only 10 calories per tablespoon. Only recently discovered it, but now i cant live without it.

Bananas. Always love bananas.

Oikos frozen vanilla yogurt. Tastes amazing, 100 cals for half a cup. SOLD.

Overnight oats

Healthy smoothies ( protein powder, coconut milk, coconut milk yogurt, banana, chia seeds, spinach

Toasted chopped pecans- all you need is a teaspoon or two to transform your yogurt, oatmeal, rice-you name it.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Toasted sunflower seeds. I am so-so about untoasted seeds but appreciate the vitamin e content. But ohmigod... a few minutes in a dry frypan and you have the most amazing topping for salads and porridge. So good!
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Avocado ;3. I used to not like it at all, but now I'm eating it for lunch everyday ^^.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Almond flour. I'm on a reduced carb nutrition plan and have used it to make awesome pancakes and muffins that my kids enjoy too. My kids are limited in carbs. They just enjoy them.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Eggs! They are great for breakfast, the whites are a great snack!

Portabella mushrooms. OMG! Sub a big cap out for your burger-to die for! Saute baby portabellas up with pam spray and a dash of salt and pepper-makes a great snack or side dish!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Broccoli slaw!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    almond milk and really, SPAGHETTI SQUASH
  • meginki
    meginki Posts: 70
    Options
    Red pepper hummus. SO GOOD.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Classico low cal alfredo sauce, OMG, heavenly!