How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning before breakfast, but only record it once a week. Like others have said it helps to see what affects my gains and losses.
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Daily but i log it weekly
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself everyday just so I don't get any nasty surprises...it also helps me keep on track because if I see a gain one day I can work out more that day
  • kevieyoka
    kevieyoka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. After I use the toilet, then I weigh myself. I also keep a daily weight graph and food journal.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I tend to hop on the scale everyday just to see the changes and the way the weight can fluctuate throughout the day.

I don't count anything as "real" except once a week when I actually weigh in to update.
  • Isabella701
    Options
    not very often i am kinda scared to
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself every 2 weeks. Because I find that is when you can truly see if there's any improvement or not.
  • MirandaWinchester
    Options
    I do it every morning. I'm addicted.
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Once a week. However, that sometimes flexes a little. If I know I'm going to be out of town, I'll weigh before I leave a few days early. So it may be 5 days between weigh in one week and 9 days the next.
  • chelsea_lamontagne
    Options
    I've realized that the scale is not my best indicator. I've found myself feeling great, only for my progress to be contradicted by the oh-so-powerful numbers registering on my scale. Oppositely, I have had times where I feel as though I have hit a plateau and the numbers indicate a significant loss. As such, I weigh myself at random intervals ( 1-2 times per month ), and have resorted to using a target outfit as my progress indicator, rather than the scale. Good luck to you, and remember the real goal is health, not society's insinuated ideal weight.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I do it once every few weeks. Since I've moved I can't even find my scale now. For me, I do much better knowing how my clothes fit than looking at the scale.
  • 15Kgold
    15Kgold Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh every day. I have been told that it is not good to do that! But I cannot help it. I realize the initial weight loss is fast but it does slow down and stall after that!
    :smile:
  • CaramelAngel247
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily. I measure once a month.

I know that it might go up and down but it helps me keep my nutrition in mind and if numbers go up too much for too many days in a row I know I need to check my routine. Am I sleeping enough? Am I running the same route too often? Am I eating more junk food and saturated fat than I should be eating?

Watching daily just keeps me on track. I know that eating 1200 calories in donuts and lots of saturated fat and I won't lose anything even though I burned 1000 calories in exercise. I can do the same workout but eat 1800 calories in healthy snacks and lean meats and veggies an step on the scale to lose 2lbs.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have found the best way to weigh myself is every other week. If I weigh myself every week I sometimes hold water and show a gain when I have been faithfully following my food and exercise plan. That can put me in a tail spin and result in my having a hard time. So when I started weighing myself every other week I found I was more often showing a loss and I feel better about not being so dependent on the scale.
  • MDS369
    MDS369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lol ... Good point!
  • MDS369
    MDS369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It seems like this question has been adequately answered, but I'm often asked this, so I figure I'll pipe in here.

I weigh myself several times a day. I know I'm generally my highest when I go to bed, and my lowest after I workout before showering. The latter is my "official" weight each day. I know that my weight will bounce around. I'm not only measuring fat loss, but hopefully muscle gain as well. And finally, I know that water retention will probably cause my weight to vary quite a bit.

I don't concern myself with my daily ups and downs, or even my ups and downs throughout the week. Instead, I watch the overall slope of the graph of my weight. if i see it going down over time, I'm happy. If I see spikes, I curse, roll with it, and move on.

It's a long and hard journey. I didn't get to 350 pounds overnight; I didn't come back down to 270 overnight; I'm not going to meet my next goal of 250 overnight; and I'm not going to get to my ultimate goal, whatever that is, overnight either. I'm patient, committed, and I'm certainly not going to let minor setbacks derail me.
  • Aljn27
    Aljn27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday's since its a start to a new week. My friend weighs in on Monday's.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Every morning. If the scale is up, I seriously re-evaluate my previous day's diet.
  • shennard80
    shennard80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Everyone knows there are flucuations because of water but you can spot a trend over the course of several days to see the general direction. When i was working out everyday I woud even weigh myself before and after the workout. A couple pounds over yesterday (even knowing it's water relates) would just provide more motivation to do more. Afterwards it was more for seeing how much I lost in water (sweat).
  • SLewis74
    SLewis74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. Any more often than that and I drive myself crazy wondering what I may have done wrong that day if I see a gain, etc. I always in first thing in the morning.