I HIT GOAL!!! I've lost 140 lbs! *PICS*

Options
MeganSWoods
MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
In February of 2010, I weighed over 300 lbs (at 5'10") and realized I was shaving years off of my life when I was only 25. I decided to change that and set a very lofty goal of losing 130 lbs to get to the border of the Healthy and Overweight categories of BMI (later changed it to losing 140 lbs so I would firmly be in the Healthy category). The first thing I did was give up all fast food except Subway and all pop for Lent that year. When I started seeing some changes, I realized I could do so much more and added in some exercise with Jillian Michaels dvds here and there. By the time school started again in the fall, I had lost 43 lbs, but fell off the wagon as they say. I regained about 10 lbs, but January 1st, 2011 was the new start for me, and I started going to a personal trainer twice a week (pretty much the only exercise during that time since I was still so busy with school). I was using the Lose It app on iPhone at that point because I hadn't discovered MFP yet. A friend of mine told me about MFP so I joined June 1st, 2011, and the rest is history! I started C25K around the same time, and have now run a 5K, a 5 miler, and a Half Marathon! I've completed the 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and Killer Buns and Thighs all by Jillian Michaels. I have hit that ridiculously elusive-feeling "goal weight" of losing 140 lbs!

I know I'll get the "what are your biggest pieces of advice" questions so here we go:
Get measuring cups and a digital food scale and measure everything to make sure your serving sizes are correct.
There are always bumps in the road, but you can get right back to it-- that's the key! YOU have the power to make the right choices!!!

Before After
Weight 305 164.4 (-140.6) I've lost 46% of my original body weight!
BMI 43.8 23.6 (-20.2) I've gone from Morbidly Obese to Healthy!

BeforeandAfterbeach.jpg

Replies

• BrianHigh
    BrianHigh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    AWESOME !!
  • bsnmomtomany
    bsnmomtomany Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Great Job.
  • asaunders1981
    Options
    Freaking amazing! You look fantastic! Very inspiring...
  • MrsRsonthecase
    Options
    Amazing! And you look so happy! :)
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! I'm so proud of you!!! You are inspirational!!!
  • Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • rudy7020
    rudy7020 Posts: 62
    Options
    You look fabulous, congrats. All you hard work paid off!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, you are an inspiration and such a great support and kind person. Huge congratulations!
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are!! Great job! You look amazing!:happy:
  • SASSYANDSPIRITED
    Options
    Congratulations ! Such a freeing feeling i bet? how did you do it ./ i am just getting started and have about 100 but started working out a couple of weeks ago and see some results but got to keep going ! The best to you !
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Oh, my!!! Incredible transformation!
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    Congrats. You look amazing.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! It's always inspiring to see people set goals and reach them! Gives me hope that I can reach mine :)
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    Good for you!!! You look awesome!!! I also have 140 lbs to lose and started around the same time you did. I've got caught up in some things but I'm back at it and ready to lose the rest now, 50 lbs to go. Thanks for sharing your success!! Very inspiring!!!
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing! Great job and keep up the amazing work!
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    great work!!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!