Which piece of exercise equipment would YOU buy?

Options
13»

Replies

• amiguito123
    Options
    I would buy the Total Gym XLS Trainer made by Total Gym. I bought one 12 years ago and I used it regularly. It uses your very own weight as resistance, so you can set it as high or as low as you need to. When we sold our house we couldn't bring it with us, so we gave it to the new owners of the house. Now I wish we would have brought it with us because I do miss using it and now they are a bit more expensive... :o(
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Elliptical. I bought a Lifefitness Elliptical years ago. Pricey but worth it. I sold it when we moved cross country just cause I didn't want to lug it. I was able to sell it after using it for 4 years (needed no maint., just kept it clean) for well over 1/2 what I paid for it through craig's list. Now that I go to the gym to work out it's still my fav cardio machine.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Elliptical definitely; I'v used them in the gym in the past, they are amazing. I already own a treadmll which I would say otherwise.
  • Lorojas
    Lorojas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will have to say an elliptical machine.

26044192.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • harleigh67
    harleigh67 Posts: 131
    Options
    This isn't the answer you are looking for.....but I am going to give it anyway.....I would buy a pair of properly fitted well made tennis shoes...
    I Have owned all the equipment... and I sold the Weider all around home gym ( it had all the exercises as you went around it), sold the stepper, sold the total gym...Keep for rainy/ wintery days treadmill and elliptical(currently and mostly as clothing hanger and cat bed all year round).....I get more use out of my good tennis shoes than anything....they can go on vacation with you, outside with you, on a trail, on a bike ride, to the mall, up a hill and down a hill..they can walk you to a pool or just around the neighborhood....they can jump rope, skip, do aerobics, Calisthenics, dance, running up & down bleachers or stairs, weightlifting,....they are very versatile....but get good ones.... with proper soles , cushioning, arches, etc...the ones made for you!
    By going out side and running or walking or hiking whatever you get a better workout and ...you get sunshine, fresh air, a way better view, you experience sounds and smells, nature!!
  • befitandfearless
    Options
    * Dip station & pull up bar
    * Jump rope
    * Exercise mat
    * A pair of dumbells (10-15lbs)
    * A barbell, with a few plates (the smallest the weight is, the more customizable the weight of your barbell will be)

That's what I workout with.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    TREADMILL! All day. I hate the elliptical! I am one of the few people I know that loves running on the hamster wheel more than outside. I like running in the AC while catching up on my shows, so sue me :)
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I would get a treadmill or elliptical to use for the fall/winter. Already have the bench and weights.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    TREADMILL! All day. I hate the elliptical! I am one of the few people I know that loves running on the hamster wheel more than outside. I like running in the AC while catching up on my shows, so sue me :)

I love this answer! When I worked out at home I liked to watch tv too. Made the workout not so much like work :)
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    We have an elliptical and a treadmill, and I love them both! I'd probably pick the treadmill, though. I feel I get a better workout running, plus it saves me from having to run outside in the awful Texas heat!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Only one piece of equipment? Power rack for sure. If you want to do cardio you can always go outside and run. No replacement for a good power rack though.

And me
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    2 kettlebells and a couple of sessions with a certified instructor. Quick, effective workouts and a fraction of the storage space.

You don't need a machine, you are the machine.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I would buy a squat rack! I really do like my gym, but would love the option to weight train with the barbell at home.
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Something else?

Squat rack, bench & olympic weight set & a nice room to store it all in :) YAY.

Russ

I would absolutely get a squat rack. My second choice would be a power rack.

Never would I buy a cardio machine other than a bike, and Id rather use gym quality spin bikes or bike outside.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I had an old rowing machine and found it way too noisy. Now i have an old recumbent stationary bike, and i find it's hydraulics are smelly. (I didn't pay for either, so i guess that's a hint to the quality of them ;-p ...)
    At the gym I'd favour the rowing machine...

My favourite are my RUNNING SHOES though :-D
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Definitely a power rack with an adjustable bench and an Olympic bar with about 450 lbs of weights.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Squat rack, bench & olympic weight set & a nice room to store it all in :) YAY.

Same.

I was -><- close to convincing DH, and then he went and hurt himself, and can't work out, so he's nixed the whole idea. Now, I have to start from scratch.
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Arc Trainer and full body strength training machine
  • heatgal976
    heatgal976 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love the treadmill, but I would buy a racing stationary bike. I would buy a bike to change up my routine. The racing bike is compact, solid, and quiet. I could do my own spin workout!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Definitely a power rack with an adjustable bench and an Olympic bar with about 450 lbs of weights.

Yeah boy!