• CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    link does not work
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    link does not work

8 other folks looking at it right now. And it works.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    link does not work

8 other folks looking at it right now. And it works.

Yup! .. I'm one of them!

and THANKYOU for all your effort! :drinker: :happy:
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    For some reason I can't downlaod the thing and input my own info.

As someone else commented, either your own Google account if you want to make a copy, otherwise you can make a copy and better keep the browser window open.

Or download as excel file.

Yup.. I was looking at it, and in the -File- there was no option to do anything UNTIL I logged into my Google acc.. et Voila! Option to copy! .. :smokin:
  • alaynarobinson1
    Options
    AWESOME!!! I've been looking for something like this for months!
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pvesey
    pvesey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump thank you!
  • heybales
    Options
    For some reason I can't downlaod the thing and input my own info.

As someone else commented, either your own Google account if you want to make a copy, otherwise you can make a copy and better keep the browser window open.

Or download as excel file.

Yup.. I was looking at it, and in the -File- there was no option to do anything UNTIL I logged into my Google acc.. et Voila! Option to copy! .. :smokin:

Oh, thank you for doing that. I didn't realize it locked out options to save it if you don't have Google account.
    Was the File - Download as not available either?
  • heybales
    Options
    Glad you all are finding it useful.

Nice to see some confirmations in there regarding already eating at one of the goals and it working well for you.

I'll have to see about making the Excel version available somewhere.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    bumping...took me FOREVER to find this again!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Glad you all are finding it useful.

Nice to see some confirmations in there regarding already eating at one of the goals and it working well for you.

I'll have to see about making the Excel version available somewhere.

When I download it, I have the option to open and save in excel. That said, this is much more accurate for my needs, thank you very much for taking the time to make it.:flowerforyou:
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    bump
  • balancejenn
    Options
    :smile:
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...It will take me time to figure all these numbers out!

Awesome that you were able to do that!!

Very helpful!

Thank you =)
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jcrowfoot
    jcrowfoot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Isn't this pretty much what the MFP site does for you? The data is displayed a little differently, but it's still based on the idea of figuring out your TDEE, picking a reasonable deficit and giving you macro targets.

It is not actually.

MFP doesn't calculate a TDEE that includes exercise, unless you don't exercise, in which case it is correct.
    You'll notice their activity levels are totally without reference to exercise.

MFP calculates a non-exercise maintenance, takes a deficit, and then you add on exercise when really done - and eat at that level.

Most weight loss programs calculate a true exercise included TDEE, take a deficit, and then you eat at that level.

May end up about the same.

So 2 ways to look at it.
    Motivated to eat more, you workout and do it the MFP way.
    Motivated to meet the goals you setup and are already eating at, do it a TDEE deficit method way.

The other big difference is on MFP you select your own possibly unreasonable weight loss amount, and given a calorie goal that may not be realistic for the amount you have to lose. It may give great results for 1-3 weeks before slowly tapering off, but if you read all the posts about stalls and plateaus, that stops for far too many. But you are hooked and here and advertisers are happy.

Whereas taking a % off your true TDEE allows more reasonable deficit for how much you have to lose.

So very different as the many that got out of stalls by NOT taking MFP's suggestions will tell you.

Great info Heybales! You have very quickly put into words what I've been explaining to my clients/customers for almost 2 years. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
This discussion has been closed.