30 Day Shred tomorrow 7/23/12

Options

Replies

• krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i "started" on friday could only manage 10 minutes. tried again this morning and only lasted 15 minutes. So i'm officially gonna start tomorrow. Wish me luck

It's only 20 minutes... power through, even if you're just jogging in place instead of doing the exercises. The last couple mins are cool down anyway :)
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 8 completed!

To those sore people on day 3: for me it got easier after the 4th day, so hang in there!
  • 80Ben
    Options
    Level 1, day 9 done!

Who's still in?
  • Kess31
    Kess31 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im On Day 3 of Level 1 with weights and I am finishing the video. I had to force myself!!!1 The jumprope and butt kicks are a killer... but Im working on it.. Cant wait to see what Level 2 is about.............. HAS ANYONE LOST WEIGHT DOING THIS OR JUST INCHES???????
  • carliese
    carliese Posts: 1
    Options
    ok im in
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    So, has anyone seen the OP posting here lately?

Level 1 day 8 today. It's getting easier. Excited about level 2.
  • MtnKat
    Options
    Level 1, day 9 done!

Who's still in?

Ben, still here buddy. Good going on both 30 DS and running :-)
  • MtnKat
    Options
    Im On Day 3 of Level 1 with weights and I am finishing the video. I had to force myself!!!1 The jumprope and butt kicks are a killer... but Im working on it.. Cant wait to see what Level 2 is about.............. HAS ANYONE LOST WEIGHT DOING THIS OR JUST INCHES???????

This is my first time through but I expect to lose inches on this workout rather than weight (diet is really what loses the pounds anyways).

It doesn't burn many calories for me - about 150 or so (as opposed to 350 for 30 minutes of running).

But, I do expect to gain more muscles....and that is going to help burn more calories throughout the day (and better for me in the long run).

Keep at it. It gets easier and the benefits are worth the work.

Good luck!
  • Mysonmyreason
    Mysonmyreason Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Woke up early this morining to do my day four doing level two and im liking th pain that i feel im finishing the video feels like she is in the room tells me not to quite at all the right times lol think i'll be on level two for a while though.
  • anightinabox712
    Options
    skipped 2 days :( But im back!!

Day 7 for me and i plan to not skip any more days!!
  • 80Ben
    Options

Apparently the weight comes off quickly at the 2nd half.

Ben, still here buddy. Good going on both 30 DS and running :-)

Thanks! Let's finish this!
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and i've already noticed that i'm firmer, especially my legs. Feeling stronger too...but not straight afterwards, then I feel like a puddle!
  • 80Ben
    Options
    Level 1 day 10 done! I can't wait to start level 2 tomorrow!
  • noeasyweigh
    noeasyweigh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Joining in a bit late. I started 30ds on 07/23/12 so tonight will be level 1 day day10. I am really ready for level II.. I run every night before the video. usually 30 to 40 minutes. The first couple days my thighs were killing me, but I am over that. I noticed last night that I was skyrocketing off the ground for the jump ropes and during the buttkicks I was ymca'ing my arms.... I have my ipod blaring over JM because frankly I am tired of hearing her repeat herself..."right buddy" ? LOL!! I took before pics and measurements and promised that I would not step on a scale for the entire 30 days. I just dont want to disappoint myself with any gains, so I am letting my measurements be my guide. I am 5'7 and about 175 lbs. I am aiming to eat about 1700 calories a day. Do you think that is ok with my running and 30ds. I dont go over and I am slightly under that sometimes. I know my metabolism is sooo messed up from bad dieting over the last few years... so I just want to do this right...
    Thanks!
  • 80Ben
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 done, but it looks like this thread died...
  • jhner
    jhner Posts: 66
    Options
    I didn't start until later and I'm on Level 1 day 9. So excited to be finished with Level 1- it's getting pretty boring, but I'm nervous about Level 2. I'm still sore in my thighs- which I assume means something is happening there. I do notice that I don't have to take hardly any breaks except during push-ups (which I can't do worth anything but am getting better at). I haven't taken any days off because I'm afraid I won't want to start back, and then I'll be sore again as if I'm starting over. Just thought I'd put in an update.
  • anightinabox712
    Options
    oh man i started level 2 today...this level is hard! I think Im gonna stick with level 1 until I build up more strength so I can actually do all of the exercises in level 2. As long as im doing some exercise I'm happy, and level 1 gave me a good workout.
  • anightinabox712
    Options
    I have a question about the signature banner for how much weight you lost. How do you update it?? I weighed in on my profile and had lost weight but it doesnt show up.
  • 80Ben
    Options
    Level 2 day 4 done! Halfway point tomorrow!
    oh man i started level 2 today...this level is hard! I think Im gonna stick with level 1 until I build up more strength so I can actually do all of the exercises in level 2. As long as im doing some exercise I'm happy, and level 1 gave me a good workout.
    I have a question about the signature banner for how much weight you lost. How do you update it?? I weighed in on my profile and had lost weight but it doesnt show up.

It's probably a glitch with the website, it should update automatically. Also, you get better results if you mix exercises, so I'd recommend doing 10 on each level.