Cucumber
    Red onion
    Olives
    Italian dressing
    Tuna
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    OMG seriously this is one of the BEST things I have EVER eaten... and it takes NO TIME and KIDS LOVE IT TOO

No need to use tuna in oil - I use water packed and it is still wicked delish!

http://food.chatelaine.com/recipes/view/pesto-penne-with-tuna
  • rgaddy74
    rgaddy74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump they all sound great!
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I make this Tuna Pasta Salad from Taste of Home all the time. My family loves it.

Ingredients

1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells, cooked and drained
    1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
    1 large carrot, shredded
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    3/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup 2% milk
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    2 teaspoons prepared mustard
    1 teaspoon dill weed
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, carrot and onion. Combine remaining ingredients; whisk until smooth. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 each) equals 551 calories, 35 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with salads, couscous and it is always good with a baked sweet potato :)

I am sure you could make it into some form of pattie as well, mixed with some breadcrumbs etc!

:flowerforyou:
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    My lunches at work consist of tuna mixed with a relish like red pepper & chilli, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and wholemeal pasta.
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a salad almost daily (romaine, tomato, cucumber, broccoli, red bell pepper and / or whatever other veggies I have on hand). . . toss with a couple teaspoons of balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp. of salad dressing (usually caesar or italian).

I top it with 4 oz. of either sauteed chicken breast or low-sodium tuna packed in water. I find either chicken or tuna to be delicious, and this makes a HUGE salad, so it takes a while to eat. Very satisfying, and great source of protein.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Tuna Burgers- using canned tuna
    I found this recipe on allrecipes.com... I substituted light Miracle Whip for regular mayonnaise, which along with ketchup and other seasonings gave this a nice tangy flavor... Excellent cheap meal!

Minutes to Prepare: 45Minutes to Cook: 8Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients
    2 six oz cans Tuna, in water
    2 large eGgs
    1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    1/3 cup minced onion
    1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
    1/2 cup light miracle whip
    4 tbsps ketchup
    1 tsp dill weed, dry
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    Hot pepper sauce to taste (3 dashes)
    Worcestershire sauce to tast (3 dashes)

Directions
    1. Combine tuna, egg, bread crumbs, onion, celery, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, chili sauce, dill, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to make the patties easier to handle, if desired.

2. Shape into 8 patties (mixture will be very soft and delicate).

3. Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray; fry tuna patties for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. These are fragile, so be careful when turning them.

Serve on buns with tomato slices and lettuce leaves, if desired.

Serving Size: 8 patties

Number of Servings: 8

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 8
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 154.3
    Total Fat: 3.9 g
    Cholesterol: 62.8 mg
    Sodium: 766.9 mg
    Total Carbs: 15.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
    Protein: 14.3 g

Hope this helps!!!!!!

I will have to try this recipe sometime. Sounds really good,
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Well, I have thrown in a full can of tuna (drained) with cooked brown rice and can of mixed vegetables before and it was pretty decent. Nothing gourmet or anything, but it worked out pretty good.
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Great ideas thanks everyone....
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    BUMP (for at home) :)
  • JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Healthy tuna melt:

Hollow out a vine-ripe tomato so it looks like a cup. Fill it with a scoop of tuna salad (tuna with mayo or plain greek yogurt, and your favorite mix-ins...carrots, celery, peppers, pickles, etc). Add a slice of avacado (or not) and the a small piece of pepperjack cheese (or other cheese if you don't like the spice). Bake at 350 until the cheese bubbles.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Lol I like to use ketchup on my tuna but some of these recipes sound yummy and delicious and I think I am going to try some of these.
  • Psstreow
    Psstreow Posts: 3
    Options
    Lettuce Wraps: :flowerforyou: I use albacore tuna and red leaf lettuce with a dressing (greek yogurt, mustard, spices, pickles, eggs whatever)
  • roxy_dolly
    roxy_dolly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    maybe you can put it in a salad.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I just eat it straight out of the can and add a little mayo and relish.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Other than Tuna Helper (ew :P) and Tuna sandwiches, what are some good dinner ideas that I can use canned tuna with?
    I recently bought some after seeing the nutritional value and have no idea what to do with it!

I used to make this as "brain food" for when I studied. It's very tasty, light and nutritious. Plus it tastes great in this hot weather :(

Tuna Lettuce Wraps:

Tuna
    Lemon pepper
    lemon juice
    hot brown or dijon mustard
    (season tuna to your liking)

Wrap in romaine lettuce leaf (whole) with chunks of cucumber, avacado and tomato. Yum!