Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti

Options
1235»

Replies

• laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand why people have to come to a thread and say negative/nasty things. Are you THAT miserable you have to throw your negative wherever you like? Don't have something nice to say.....you know the rest.

You took the words out of my mouth!!!!

Anyway.......

I have been giving a lot of thought to this whole "processed cheese product" situation because as much as I really want to try this recipe (because I think it looks AWESOME!) I am working really hard to stay away from processed food.....soooooo......I decided to pick my mom's brain (as I'm not the greatest cook out there lol) and she gave me the idea of using a roux with marble or cheddar instead. That's the way she makes her cheese sauce for cauliflower or broccoli so I'm going to try that when I make it tonight. I 'm not sure if it will turn out as creamy as it would with the Velveeta, but I think it's worth a try! I also think (not sure because I haven't looked at the sodium content of the Velveeta) that it would lower the sodium in this recipe by quite a bit :)

Let me know how it works! If so then explain how this is done, please :):)
  • laineylynnfit
    Options
    Has anyone ever used zuchinni shavings as pasta? I never have but it sounds yummy. I've seen picutres on Pinterest....
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laineylynnfit
    Options
    I'll never understand why people have to come to a thread and say negative/nasty things. Are you THAT miserable you have to throw your negative wherever you like? Don't have something nice to say.....you know the rest.

Because it boosts their self-esteem :) Why --- I don't know... haha. Instead of saying something negative I would say something like "Why don't you try doing this" or "Try this recipe..." But that's just me :) And every one is entitled to their opinion. I acknowledge this recipe is HIGH in sodium which I didn't look at when making it.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Bump! That looks amazing! Spaghetti & Chicken are two of my favorite foods. Combined? Possibly the best meal ever.
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, love to crock things;) denise:drinker: :drinker:
    42925002669233295_6O0i9Spa.jpg

This is a picture of my Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken but I found the recipe here:

http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/2011/03/recipe-review-crockpot-cheesy-chicken.html?m=1

It is delicous! I did not use spaghetti. I used multi-grain rotini but I wanted to get whole wheat rotini but I was in a rush and just picked it.

This is GREAT for a quick meal :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

You took the words out of my mouth!!!!

Anyway.......

I have been giving a lot of thought to this whole "processed cheese product" situation because as much as I really want to try this recipe (because I think it looks AWESOME!) I am working really hard to stay away from processed food.....soooooo......I decided to pick my mom's brain (as I'm not the greatest cook out there lol) and she gave me the idea of using a roux with marble or cheddar instead. That's the way she makes her cheese sauce for cauliflower or broccoli so I'm going to try that when I make it tonight. I 'm not sure if it will turn out as creamy as it would with the Velveeta, but I think it's worth a try! I also think (not sure because I haven't looked at the sodium content of the Velveeta) that it would lower the sodium in this recipe by quite a bit :)

Let me know how it works! If so then explain how this is done, please :):)

I did it and it worked great! It probably wasn't AS cheesy as the Velveeta.....but it also wasn't "processed cheese product" (sorry I get a kick out of saying that lol) All I did was take 2 tbsp of butter/margarine in a saucepan and melt on low heat. While it was melting I added 2 tbsp of flour and created kind of a paste. At that point I added 1 cup of skim and shredded cheese and just stirred over low heat until the cheese melted and the mixture thickened.

My next mission is to figure out if the canned soup is really necessary.....I wonder if you could use cream instead?

I did really like this recipe and I will make it again although next time I think I will use real chicken breast instead of the canned as I think that will really improve it :)
  • sweetmommyofthree
    sweetmommyofthree Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think I will try it without the velveeta also, amd use chicken breasts I cook instead of the canned. I hope my family likes it otherwise I am hoping it freezes well.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    was just on my way out of the door to do some grocery shopping. I'll be adding to my shopping list now ;)
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!