Does your SO CARE how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    He knows, always has.. He doesnt care.. He just wants me to be healthy. I secretly think he cares a bit.. he has said he wants me to be fit.. but loves me either way.. sounds stupid loL! But hes honest. I am doing this for me. not him. his input is great but it doesnt matter haha.
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    My SO cares about my health, not the number. As I'm more able to do things physicallly, he gets excited about what more we can do together. He's not critical of the foods that I eat and if I have a cheating day, he's okay with that too. He just encourages me to make sure that I don't do it too often. (NO, he's not perfect but he's a good guy)
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My husband does not know my start weight or present weight. He already pays attention to how much I eat. This is regardless to what he eats or how much he weighs. He definitely has me in a different category. I know he thinks he is supportive but, it doesn't always feel that way. I am to sensitive to his comments so, I try not to invite them. We do not agree on how to lose weight so, I just keep it to myself because this is for me so, I am trying to make this life change without having to get praise from everyone. My kids notice and he does as well. But, the numbers are mine!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Yes my husband knows. I share my ups and downs on the scales with him. He loves me whether I'm bigger or smaller.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The Man never knew my original weight, but he saw me naked. So.

He's been nothing but supportive of the changes I've made; he maintains he's always found me attractive (I believe him), but he knows I'm so much happier now.

It's sad; I look back at the old photos and I used to be so conscious of how much larger I was than him. Now I feel all demure and girlish (and fool no-one).
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    yes he cares.

he's very superficial when it comes to what is "acceptable" for a woman to weigh
    Ditto.
  • teacheatsleep
    teacheatsleep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't think he cares how much I weigh, but he's always so supportive and helpful when I'm trying to get healthy :) And we do TurboFire together 5 nights a week, which I would have quit a long time ago if it wasn't for him pushing me to keep going.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My SO met and fell in love with me when I was bigger. It was never an issue for us.

He fully supports the changes I'm undergoing, and I'm sure he's very excited for me to be thinner, and we both agree wholeheartedly it's much more important to be healthy.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    nope....not at all....but he hates when I whine about gaining, lol
  • gmarriottfccla
    Options
    Yes and no. She knows exactly how much I weigh and just wants me to be happy. She loves me for me, and supports me.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    My SO knows mine and is cool no matter what I weigh.
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    No, mine doesn't know and honestly, I'd be embarrassed to tell him even though he accepts my body as is. He knows I'm insecure about it though, since I used to be pretty small until the past 3 yrs or so.
  • smiles4support
    Options
    My husband always tells me, I'm big, but that's because I'm taller by an in or 2 & I outweigh him by 30 lbs. I'm scared to even ask if he means anything else by it...I will admit I'm not like the girls he would usually go for! But he does love me
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My SO is curious about my weight in a way I find myself not feeling safe in revealing it to him. While he is not unsupportive of my weight loss goals, he is indifferent. He is not the reason I am here, anyway.
  • sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Nope. I was heavy when he proposed and heavy when we got married, and as I'm working on my health and fitness, he keeps reminding me, "Now don't get TOO thin!" LOL. I think he likes a curvier body type (which is fine, I'll never be model-thin). He is supportive of me doing this, though, because he knows how much it means to me, and he wants me to be happy and confident. Plus I told him I'd be ready and willing to rock some hot lingerie once I get down to my goal size :D
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    James knows what I weigh, and I know what he does.

He's in training for the Welsh Ironman in September and getting really fit. I want to shape up and he's encouraging and supporting me. :flowerforyou:

Sadly I need a REAL kick up the butt!!! :explode:
  • gotpaper
    gotpaper Posts: 17
    Options
    my hubby said he would love me at 500 lbs. But I wouldn't love me. Right now I don't. It is been 6 yrs since I lost 100 lbs with the help of richard simmons and the trip to see him was a disaster so I went back to how I was eating. Plus I think I thought that if I am at my goal weight I can stop now, not maintain. But my family reminds me how much they love me no matter what I weigh but they want me to be happy and I was much happier when I was exercising and losing the weight. It is hard to exercise when I have no motivation, but thats when I really need it and it will amke me stronger. They just want me to be happy and healthy. I do tell him is I have lost any and he is supportive but my kids get excited for me and they are all healthy, they workout and eat haelthy and I just want to join the bandwagon with them.
  • prettylittlegreekdoll
    Options
    I have been with my hunnie bunnie for a long time - I have put on quite a bit of weight due to a health issue that my doctors and I are currently resolving and he hasn't said anything. We are in a long distance relationship - and my goal is to be smaller on the outside each time I go visit and have him see the inner me he fell in love with shine through on the outside more and more. I'm very blessed to have him in my life and I know that I want to have a family with him but I need to be healthy first.
  • Dorkaleena
    Dorkaleena Posts: 59
    Options
    My husband knows... but he only cares to the extent that he doesn't like it making me sickly. He only knows the number because I can't stop *****ing about it. LOL
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i told mine..he didn't believe that i was at that weight.but he told me no matter what that he loved me at any weight:love: