Fears About Losing Weight

Options
dreamsofescaping
dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
So not sure if this is in the right catagory or not. Just curious what some of your fears are from losing weight? Mine would be that if I lose enough I am gonna have saggy skin that hangs on my belly and the other one is I will lose my chubby cheeks and my age will finally show lol and last I guess that what if it somehow alters my personality? I grew up as a big kid, young adult now adult and I have always loved my personality it was all I had going for me lol. Do you have any fears from losing weight?

Replies

• shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I don't want to lose my boobs ... or my butt :p
  • Lornajune
    Lornajune Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    yeah, I totally get the saggy skin and age thing. I'm not sure how my personality will change, I think that now that you are thinking of it now that you will always remember that you are you and not to change in a bad way, like maybe we would catch ourselves acting different. I don't know if that makes sense to you but....
    My Dr. has already told me to keep up the weight loss and fitness stuff I'm doing and then we will talk about plastic surgery, which would be removing loose skin from my stomach area. I had gotten to big to fast with both of my pregnancies and there is what they call an "apron" of skin basically. I just showed the Dr. and told him how it brings my self confidence down and how it gets in the way when exercising and that clothes don't fit right. I live in Canada, I don't know what it is like for other places but I imagine it will be expenses covered. As for other parts of the body, yeah it is a scary thought, I turned 36 this year and I am pretty sure things won't tighten up where I want them to but hey, we will still look and feel great! I guess I would save some $ if possible for anything else I want done. I really want a boob job, that is what I want as a reward at the end of this journey.
    Have you thought about what you will reward yourself with??
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have the skin thing too. And sadly.... It's happening. But I'm hopeful itll bounce back eventually. It makes me mad sometimes that I did this to my body long enough to cause such lasting damage.
    Attention. It's weird. You go from being invisible to being seen. People assume you want to hear about it all the time too. It's an awkward transition. I DO like the comments and the attention. I just don't always know what to do with it.
    I'd lose weight and my *kitten* would stay the same size. Thankfully that hasn't happened! Phew.
  • TISH27kidneytransplant
    Options
    Mine are the saggy skin, having my strech marks look worse. Having an overly jealous husband, having him be inscure and possiably cheat because of it and so on!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

30 lbs gone, 0 inches lost in the butt lol. I kept my boobs until I started exercising, then they all fell off. Well, sorta. I went from a 34D to a 28DD.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    mine is having to workout like 8 hours a day to just maintain my goal weight. which makes me re-think my goal weight when I know I should be rethinking how to exercise in the first place to get there.

:/ vicious! good question.

or another is that I'll lose all this weight and people inevitably talk and gossip AND THEN I GAIN IT BACK (because I can't work out 8 hours to maintain the weight)....

or that I'll finally get to my goal weight and then break my legs.

oh the fears!
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Scared of looking too damn good that its dangerous to go out in public...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    If you're truly curvy then your curves will stay even if you lost weight. The only difference is that your curves will be more pronounced because of more lean body mass & less fat.
  • jayb33z
    jayb33z Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have the skin thing too. And sadly.... It's happening. But I'm hopeful itll bounce back eventually. It makes me mad sometimes that I did this to my body long enough to cause such lasting damage.
    Attention. It's weird. You go from being invisible to being seen. People assume you want to hear about it all the time too. It's an awkward transition. I DO like the comments and the attention. I just don't always know what to do with it.
    I'd lose weight and my *kitten* would stay the same size. Thankfully that hasn't happened! Phew.

whatever. you've made great progress and look awesome. entirely too hard on yourself
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Scared of looking too damn good that its dangerous to go out in public...

Lol! Awesome.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Saggy skin
    Loss of boobs
    loss of my practicly nonexsisted *kitten*.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm scared people will treat me differently.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm scared I'll look "sick".
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Saggy skin, no boobs, looking older than I am and if I am no longer fat what will I have to blame my crappy life on LOL
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Just that I'll put it back on and be trapped in a lifetime cycle of yo-yo dieting :(
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    My first NSV was when my boss asked me if I had lost weight. I was only down about 15 pounds and he said I look younger, NOT older as many of you had posted your fears of.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I don't want to lose my boobs and gaining it all back and having to start over again. Although if I keep on it in maintenance, I won't have to worry about that. :)
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    I've been overweight for so long that it seems like all the fat on my body serves as a security blanket.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've never ever seen anyone look older through weight loss. :)
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Getting grandma boobs, saggy skin so I STILL won't be able to wear shorts or a bathing suit, losing my *kitten* (which is a fear I never have had but my butt is getting flat.) I have told myself that I will get surgery to correct g-ma boobs if needed, as for the rest, screw it, I'd rather look hot as hell in some tight jeans then be fat and wear shorts!