Is fast food really THAT bad?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My reasons for finding fast food THAT bad is knowing that people like my brother have worked fast food. I question the ingredients and the care in preparation, things like that. The occasional fast food won't kill you, it just shouldn't be a major part of your diet
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    What if you don't eat the bread and get order of small fries?
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of processed food/fast food avoider (sometimes with near religious zeal I will admit) but I'm having a massive pile of takeaway fish and chips tonight. Complete with much Heinz ketchup. And I am looking forward to it a great deal.

It doesn't happen often but it can work as part of whatever does the job for you.

Personally the default macros on MFP do not work for me so I do not use them as a judge of how well my nutrition is going.

Everyone is different, some may need to just discard the buns/starch (the biggest problem with fast food as far as I can see, dodgy cooking fats and a lack of nutrients aside), some can tolerate them ...

(edit) And Supersize Me is a crock. Fat Head shows Spurlock up for what he is.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think it is a waste of money, personally.

I don't know about you, but I can make much better sandwiches, burritos, tacos, burgers and fries at home. And at home, I can moderate the salt/fat/calories a lot easier.

That's just my opinion.

For you, however, as long as it is not impeding your progress (which it shouldn't if it's a once-a-week kinda thing) and you don't feel ill from eating it, then I would say go for it.
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i had like 500 cals for just breakfast thanks to fastfood.
    Its high in fat, sugar, sodium and barely has any nutrients!

I can have something more filling, healthier and cheaper for breakfast

Fast food is good as a treat every now and then. :)
  • TheDeviation
    TheDeviation Posts: 149
    Options
    i had like 500 cals for just breakfast thanks to fastfood.
    Its high in fat, sugar, sodium and barely has any nutrients!

It depends on what you're eating too. Here's a lunch I do on a regular basis:
    McDonald's
    Southwest Chicken Salad Grilled with Dressing
    Extra Grilled Chicken Breast
    Calories: 480
    Fat: 16g
    Carbs: 40g
    Protein: 48g

Not bad eh? Granted the sodium in fast food is high, but that's not an issue for me. Lots of vitamin A, C, calcium and iron too.