My first ever MFP moan :-)

Replies

• CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Keep in mind why you are here and why you are doing this. For YOU! As long as you remember that, your accomplishments are rewarded by the pride in your heart.

Be proud!!

Dude, are you ill. Thats just about the nicest thing I have ever heard you say. Oh, BTW OP....great job on the climbing.....I am jealous.....but sounds like you did awesome. Whats next?
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member
    Congratulations, good for you! Honestly.

But I have to say I was disappointed. I opened the thread hoping to hear you moan and all I got was a little rant. :grumble:

Ha! Me too!

@OP Good Work! Keep it up! And we all deserve a little rant, now and again.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    @ country boy Ha it was a lovely thing to say eh!

Next on the list is to climb Mount Alishan in Taiwan (Im from the UK but moved to Taiwan 4 months ago im just visitng UK for the next 10 days).
    After that I would like to get my open water diving certificate, water is something im definitely not afraid of :smile:
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    honey, you burned almost a whole POUND OF FAT on that climb!!! YOU KICKED SOME A$S!!! :)
  • SurfinBird1981
    honey, you burned almost a whole POUND OF FAT on that climb!!! YOU KICKED SOME A$S!!! :)

Hell yeah! it was funny to see the "if every day was like today" id actually be at goal in a few weeks :laugh:
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 232 Member
    Yeah, great job. That's an amazing accomplishment!
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member

Hell yeah! it was funny to see the "if every day was like today" id actually be at goal in a few weeks :laugh:

Way to Go!!! Too bad we can't climb a mountain everyday eh? lol just squeeze in a mountain on my lunch hour! ;) haha!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Great job! Climbing a mountain definitely deserves a few comments! Add me if you'd like. I can't say I'll comment on everything, but I try to hit everyone, every few days or so & climbing a mountain deserves at least a "way to go" or "nice burn!" :drinker:
  • chelle866
    chelle866 Posts: 53
    Hi all,

My first ever moan, I dont do a lot of moaning in real life either but here it goes.

I have a few friends on here, not many and one of them I know in real life too. I always encourage my friends on here, like even the small "3 cals burned by polishing a door knob" kind of stuff, not because I want encouragement in return but because I trully believe that it helps to motivate people.
    Saying that, I climbed a mountain last week, yep, I hauled my *kitten* up pissing Helvellyn in the lake district, UK. I was such an achievement for me as I am petrified of heights and am not that fit :laugh: I burned over 3000 cals doing so, did I get a single comment? did I balls!!
    Just peed me off a bit lol over it now obviously but..you know.

Anyhoo, keep smiling everyone!

Alexis :flowerforyou:

well done you!! thats amazing x
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    GO YOU! That is awesome!! You should definitely be proud no matter if you didn't get any kudos on it by your friends! Since I joined this site mainly for the support on my journey I would say add some friends who will recognize your effort! Maybe all these lovely people who responded ;)
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Way to go!!! You should be very proud of yourself! Any 'friend' that didn't comment is probably just jealous and/or mad that you burned more cal's than they did. Keep up the great work!!1
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    sucks to get no replies...that happened to me yesterday..i had a good day and accomplished much but no one said anything at all...guess i got lost in the shuffle....

anyway....good for you on your accomplishment....3000 cals...that is amazing...keep up the good work..:)
  • SurfinBird1981
    Seriously, thanks everyone, ive had more encouragement on here today than since joining MFP!
    Much luv xx
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Seriously, thanks everyone, ive had more encouragement on here today than since joining MFP!
    Much luv xx

Hopefully you made some new friends as well and ditched the old ones.
  • SurfinBird1981
    Much luv xx

Hopefully you made some new friends as well and ditched the old ones.

Definitely, I think it will make my journey more enjoyable from now on :smile:
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    fantastic!
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Hi all,

My first ever moan, I dont do a lot of moaning in real life either but here it goes.

I have a few friends on here, not many and one of them I know in real life too. I always encourage my friends on here, like even the small "3 cals burned by polishing a door knob" kind of stuff, not because I want encouragement in return but because I trully believe that it helps to motivate people.
    Saying that, I climbed a mountain last week, yep, I hauled my *kitten* up pissing Helvellyn in the lake district, UK. I was such an achievement for me as I am petrified of heights and am not that fit :laugh: I burned over 3000 cals doing so, did I get a single comment? did I balls!!

Waaah that's actually an amazing achievement! Not sure which one it is, but I live the the lake district so I'm guessing it was pretty high!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Ya know, I climbed a (tough) mountain last year for the first time and it's difficult, dammit!! I agree that sometimes it'd just be nice to have a little cheerleader in our corner... I have a lot of them and it is encouraging... so ya know what? Find some friends that do support you and oh yeah, YOU ROCK!! WTG, girl... it sounds like you made a huge accomplishment, so good for you, woo hoo!!! :drinker: CHEERS
  • JakeRN45
    JakeRN45 Posts: 19
    I love a good knob polishing.

Actually made me really laugh out loud :)
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    You climbed a mountain! You deserve all the kudos of all time. I have a hard time climbing onto my treadmill lol. Add me
    teehee =)
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 574 Member
    Add some new friends :) and GREAT JOB!!!
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    congrats on your mountain climb! Great achievement!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Congrats on your climb!

You are not on my friends list or I would have most definitely congratulated you!

I am the same way....I encourage people on my friends list whether or not they encourage me. I think we can all us a little encouragement every now and then so I do my best to say a kind word (and the truth, too).
  • SurfinBird1981
    Hi all,

Waaah that's actually an amazing achievement! Not sure which one it is, but I live the the lake district so I'm guessing it was pretty high!

Id love to live there, so beautiful! its at Ullswater :smile:
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    You actually climbed a mountain - that has to be the most awesome thing I've read on here so far. Incredible. Well done!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Thats an awesome accomplishment!
    I would've offered a comment if I were your friend.
    Feel free to add me :-)
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Well, bless your heart. :smooched:

I think that was awesome "burnage". Good on you.

Add me, if you like. I try to keep my FL small, because I don't want to lose people in the shuffle. (I also try to keep any knob-polishing to myself. :blushing: )
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member

Me too.. :happy:
  • SurfinBird1981

Me too.. :happy:

And me :laugh:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,438 Member
    I'm not on your friend list, but I'll you give you a big YOO HOO!!!!!! That is an awesome feat :smile: