My first ever MFP moan :-)

13»

Replies

• _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    yeah, I have over 100 friends on here I comment on every post I see and iI have maybe 10 that comment back to me, it is maddening. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MOUNTAIN CLIMB....I am VERY impressed that is a HUGE accomplishment!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Well, I think it is awesome. Besides, I am totally jealous. I want to hike in the lake district, peak district or about anywhere in England. It's one of my biggest travel dreams. Next time take me with you and I will tell you how freaking awesome all the way up and down that bloody (haha, see what I did there?) mountain.
    Seriously though, that is quite an accomplishment. Well done you!
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Hahaha! I'm sorry you didn't get a compliment for your achievement! I'm on here all the time and always looking for more support/motivating people like yourself. Feel free to add me as a MFP friend. :smile: I'll compliment you on your achievements. :flowerforyou:

I have been trying to get friends on here as well with no such luck. Oh well, I'm on here more than FB... I think it's due to the fact that the company is more motivating and positive. :bigsmile:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    I am sorry nobody seemed to notice but GOOD JOB!!!! If you want to add me you can!!!!! :smile:
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Again, thank you everyone :smile:
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Hi all,

My first ever moan, I dont do a lot of moaning in real life either but here it goes.

I have a few friends on here, not many and one of them I know in real life too. I always encourage my friends on here, like even the small "3 cals burned by polishing a door knob" kind of stuff, not because I want encouragement in return but because I trully believe that it helps to motivate people.
    Saying that, I climbed a mountain last week, yep, I hauled my *kitten* up pissing Helvellyn in the lake district, UK. I was such an achievement for me as I am petrified of heights and am not that fit :laugh: I burned over 3000 cals doing so, did I get a single comment? did I balls!!
    Just peed me off a bit lol over it now obviously but..you know.

Anyhoo, keep smiling everyone!

Alexis :flowerforyou:
    I know how you feel. I have a few friends on here that give a *kitten*. 3/4 of them don't.
  • ededar
    ededar Posts: 36
    I don't get any comments, but that might be because I'm too afraid to comment on others either, even these forums are a struggle. Congrats on climbing a mountain though! I want to try Mt. Snowden in Wales in the next year.
  • staryful7
    staryful7 Posts: 33 Member
    Wow! That is amazing! I know it was beautiful up there. Great job. And boo on your nonencouraging friends! :smile:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    If I'd seen it, I'd have commented :)

It's one of my life goals to climb a moutain. Well done! How was it? I bet it was beautiful.
  • SurfinBird1981
    I don't get any comments, but that might be because I'm too afraid to comment on others either, even these forums are a struggle. Congrats on climbing a mountain though! I want to try Mt. Snowden in Wales in the next year.

I know what you're saying, I was nervous to post my little moan as a lot of people get flamed lol
    Good luck with Mt. Snowden!!
  • SurfinBird1981

It's one of my life goals to climb a moutain. Well done! How was it? I bet it was beautiful.

It was amazing, I had a strange mix of feelings when I saw the view, fear, elation, panic, pride, it was a crazy day that's for sure :laugh:
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Hi all,

My first ever moan, I dont do a lot of moaning in real life either but here it goes.

I have a few friends on here, not many and one of them I know in real life too. I always encourage my friends on here, like even the small "3 cals burned by polishing a door knob" kind of stuff, not because I want encouragement in return but because I trully believe that it helps to motivate people.
    Saying that, I climbed a mountain last week, yep, I hauled my *kitten* up pissing Helvellyn in the lake district, UK. I was such an achievement for me as I am petrified of heights and am not that fit :laugh: I burned over 3000 cals doing so, did I get a single comment? did I balls!!

Great job!!! The first time I climbed a mountain I was 13 and didn't break a sweat. The second time was ten years later...I nearly died.

So, my hats is off to you!!! It's a little discouraging when you're doing all the commenting and you get nothing back. But, at the end of the day, it's your commitment. hard work, blood, and sweat that will give you what you're after, not their comments. =) With or without them, you alone should be doing it.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member

It was amazing, I had a strange mix of feelings when I saw the view, fear, elation, panic, pride, it was a crazy day that's for sure :laugh:

I can imagine! Ooo, I have wanted to climb a moutain since I read 'Miracle in the Andes; 72 Days on the Mountain and My Long Trek Home' and the guy describes reaching the top of the mountain :love:
  • Hi all,

THATS AWESOME!!!! Congrats on your success and facing your fears! I really admire that! I would love to hike up a mountain! haha Kuddos to you!
    Add me if you would like! We could support eachother! :):flowerforyou:
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    WOOOO way to go girl! That is AWESOME! YAY YAY YAY! I hope all of our encouragement is making up for your lame friends ;)

P.S. People who log things like polishing a door knob or brushing teeth shouldn't be encouraged, you can't encourage people for cheating themselves! :tongue:
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    That's fantastic!! Don't know if I could do that. I'll be your friend anytime!
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    WOOOO way to go girl! That is AWESOME! YAY YAY YAY! I hope all of our encouragement is making up for your lame friends ;)

P.S. People who log things like polishing a door knob or brushing teeth shouldn't be encouraged, you can't encourage people for cheating themselves! :tongue:

^^ I didn't even know you could log things like polishing doors. Housework, yes, but door polishing and teeth brushing.... that must be a joke...
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    WTG on the climb..................your friends are rude. Add me, I'm nice.

^This one, and he's cute too! one of my favorites! to OP you are the girl, I feel the same way, I have alot of friends too and about 14 out of 66 say things to me daily. Hey we are strong, I think you are like me...we take great pride in supporting but rarely are reciprocated upon. That's ok cause we are the champions today! I love that song. Anyways be encouraged and remember to motivate yourself, this is when greatness happens!
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Sorry to hear that :*( But WOW! I'm very impressed! what a great burn! :*D Add me if you'd like i always love to give kudos as much as possible :) *hugs*
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member

:

we got your back!
  • xxxray
    xxxray Posts: 301 Member
    Well done on scaling those dizzy heights ... it's a shame your "friends" appreciate neither the amount of calories you burned nor the fact that you defeated a fear, both of which are impressive ... but you've learned something about them. I didn't read all your messages but from the few I did read I can see you've got a queue of more supportive people ready willing and able to get behind you ... so moaning obviously works ... do more of it ...

I've never been up Hellvellyn but I was in The Lakes for the first time last year and I've been to the top of a few Munros and Corbetts in The Highlands over the years and there's nothing quite like getting there and seeing the view (unless your in a cloud of course) ... so it's all good really ...
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    huge congrats for a really awesome and impressive burn!!! :)
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 419 Member
    Fantastic job really. quite a feat.
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    good for you hun well done amazing achievement!!! :smile:
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    That's quite a hill! well done! I just hope it wasn't raining?
  • SurfinBird1981
    Thanks again for all of your lovely comments :smile:
    @ sfburdett No, luckily it didn't rain. I attempted Helvellyn last July but didn't make it to the top, it was raining that time.
  • I don't do big mountains. They scare me. Not the heights so much as plummeting to my death. Hell I get scared on the Malverns and Crickley Hill. So well done you! Have sent a friend request. I will congratulate you! Even on knob polishing!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Awe so sorry!! Your not my friend but I hope I'm more supportive of mine although I miss some for not logging in the evening.

You may friend me if you like.