How dare you post advice!

Options

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Not you again.. Didn't you learn the last time?

I eat what I want, when I want, in moderation... as do a lot of other people on this site.

I suggest you learn to do the same.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I am actually surprised at my horrendous oversight by not putting your profile on 'ignore' already. Allow me to correct that now.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What about rainbows?

I know that rainbows are delicious, but they have a fairly high sugar content. Eat only in moderation, or better yet, only for special occasions. And you really should try to stick to the organic kind. GMO rainbows are made using unicorn tears, and the harvesting process is cruel and painful.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    3p6fhe.jpg

*snorts* :laugh:
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    HA! Joke's on you! Bacon isn't red. It's kinda pink.

LOL!!!!!!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Soo...basically the same advice people love to give to everybody even though everybody has different needs or ways that work for them...

Why post a specific sugar content? Everybody's needs are different. As far as red meat goes, I like to have it every once in a while. It makes for a good recovery meal after weeks of training.

Everything in moderation. Thats it. Whatever works for you. :tongue: I may believe in clean eating the majority of the time, but it might not be for some people.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that, I'm so cr*p at making my own decisions. Can you also complete my tax return for me by any chance?
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    What about rainbows?

Well, considering based on your avatar, Rainbows are made from Dino puke, i'll gladly pass on my daily Rainbow serving!!!
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    What about rainbows?
    and Puppies?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    What about rainbows?

I know that rainbows are delicious, but they have a fairly high sugar content. Eat only in moderation, or better yet, only for special occasions. And you really should try to stick to the organic kind. GMO rainbows are made using unicorn tears, and the harvesting process is cruel and painful.

What does "in moderation" mean exactly? If I eat rainbows M-W-F, is that too much? Should I only eat them Tuesdays and Thursdays? Even if it fits my macros? I mean, seriously... ????

Sorry if this sounds a little huffy, but I just found out my favourite packager of rainbows has strong anti-gay (pro-"traditional family" blah blah) policies, so I'm really torn whether or not to keep buying from them or not. :explode:
  • yngone
    yngone Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    CHUCKLE...........OMG this topic made my day......... thanks for the posts everyone ! :bigsmile:
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What about rainbows?

What does "in moderation" mean exactly? If I eat rainbows M-W-F, is that too much? Should I only eat them Tuesdays and Thursdays? Even if it fits my macros? I mean, seriously... ????

Sorry if this sounds a little huffy, but I just found out my favourite packager of rainbows has strong anti-gay (pro-"traditional family" blah blah) policies, so I'm really torn whether or not to keep buying from them or not. :explode:

I would recommend no more than once per week. But if you really must indulge, you should up your exercise. I would recommend an additional 30 minutes of vigorous levitation.

As for your favorite packager, well, what can you expect from consumerist Leprechauns in an election year? Your best bet is to find a small local producer.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    What about rainbows?

I would recommend no more than once per week. But if you really must indulge, you should up your exercise. I would recommend an additional 30 minutes of vigorous levitation.

As for your favorite packager, well, what can you expect from consumerist Leprechauns in an election year? Your best bet is to find a small local producer.

The only question that matters is are they boxed.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    What about rainbows?

Rainbows are fine in moderation, as long as you get enough hearts, stars and horseshoes. You need to make sure that you have enough clovers and blue moons, and keep the pots of gold and red balloons to a minimum so you can get in all of your macros/micros.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    What about rainbows?
    Rainbows are fine, just moderate your unicorn meat consumption to none.
  • sabusby
    sabusby Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Unicorn meat is high in Omega 3's. eat at least one serving a week.
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What about rainbows?

Only in moderation.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Another public service announcement.
    Hundreds of lives saved.
    :wink:
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Say "NO" to boxed foods.

Trying to reduce processed foods isn't a bad idea. Completely eliminating all processed foods is not realistic nor do I even think it's desirable for mental reasons.

Eat more veggies!

That's generally a good plan.
    Avoid Sugars, including sweeteners. Only naturally occurring ones are okay (aim for 60g or less)

First of all do you have any evidence that artificial sweeteners are bad and secondarily why would you suggest a specific sugar limit to someone as an arbitrary number without knowing an individuals needs?
    Moderate your red meat consumption to none.

Why?
    Invest in your body.

Agreed.
    No high Gluten, high fat or fried foods, you just don't need it.

Not needing it does not mean you can't enjoy it from time to time.

Taking an all or nothing approach is a good way to develop a sh*tty relationship with food. I understand that many people here may not have a good relationship with food to begin with and in some cases, eliminating foods entirely might be necessary, but making people afraid of gluten or a box of mac and cheese doesn't really help this cause.

Nothing makes me happier than when sidesteal (or another knowledgeable MFP member with facts and common sense to back up their words) answers these posts.

P.S. I'm literally doing a happy dance while eating rainbows and unicorn meat! :laugh:
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Every time I eat unicorn meat, I get glitter stuck in my gums. It's all fun and games until someone mistakes you for a stripper.

**PSA: Strippers are totally cool, I just don't have that profession, hence the misunderstanding***