Is my goal weight too high?

Options
13»

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    No no, don't be swayed by other people's, often alarmingly, low GWs.

I'm like you, I don't wanna be skinny. I am half Caribbean, so maybe that factors into it, but skinny just isn't attractive to me.

Stick to your GW. If you still feel like you drop a couple lbs when you get there, then drop 'em, but don't feel pressured to conform. Especially to an ideal that doesn't even appeal to you.

By the way, my GW is 148 and I'm 5"5. A lot of people have GWs of 120 or so at my height. Their business *shrug*, but that's too low for me.
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you all again for the supportive advice!!

Someone from this site posted this in another thread.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

This helps me a lot. Thanks!
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When you get to your goal see what you think. If you like it stay, if not keep going! But be honest with yourself! Don't just stop b/c you have reached your goal!! Really like the way you look!! AND feel you can maintain your weight!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, it depends! You might get to your goal weight and love how you look, you may not. It just depends on where you'll feel comfortable. Everyone's body is different. You'll just have to wait and see! :)
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I think my goal weight will be about the same as yours. I just want to get into my healthy range not at the bottom of it. I am 168ish right now, and I haven't been lower than 164 since I was 16 and even then I was 155. So 140's are uncharted territory lol
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I have a higher goal than some girls my height too. What weight looks good on what body varies hugely! So I say get to your first goal and then reevaluate. That's what I'm going to do, mostly because of the same reasons as you. =)
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It sounds a little heavy to me, but pounds sit differently on everybody. I know 7 years ago when I was trying to loose baby weight every website I went to said that I needed to be 120 to just be healthy! I'm 5'6 and I was 135 as a tiny little twig in high school, so I knew that wasn't right. Right now my stated goal is 135, but my real goal is to fit back into my favorite skinny jeans. Maybe it would be better to have a goal clothing size?

I agree with everyone else who says to see how you feel when you get there. I think you would be beautiful at your goal weight, but it's your opinion that matters most =)
  • coldxnotion
    coldxnotion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I'm 5'2" and that is my goal weight for now. When I hit it and I feel I can do more I will. But for now I want to be back at my typical weight. I feel your goal is very realistic and average for more curvy girlies.
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    No, your goal weight is NOT TOOO HIGH! I'm with you, I'm 5'2 and my starting weight was 185, I'm currently 168, my lowest was 155 (when I was eating right and exercises). I have gained back those 13 pounds and I am really bombed out about it. So I'm starting over. 110 is wayyyyy tooo small!!!! I'm African-American and with my hips and butt...no way. I wouldn't even want to get that small. I was really comfortable at 150 max. My doctor told me try not to exceed 160. Good luck and I think as long as YOU feel good and look good, you will be Good! Good luck!
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Also, as long as your goal puts you in a healthy BMI you are golden! =)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Thank you all again for the supportive advice!!

Someone from this site posted this in another thread.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

This helps me a lot. Thanks!

I think this is completely and utterly inaccurate. The way you train and eat is going to determine how you look at certain weights. When I type in what I am those girls do not match anywhere close to what I look like. I am on the higher end of my weight for height but you can see my photos. I worked hard to have more muscle and a lower BF %
  • KeKy4
    KeKy4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Your goal weight doesn't have to stay the same. If you get to your current goal weight and feel good with it then start your maintenance, if you feel you could do more then set another small goal until you're satisfied.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!