Poor Service Rant

Options
aleshai
aleshai Posts: 55 Member
I dropped off my car at noon today for a standard state inspection, oil change/tire rotation...after freaking THREE hours it was finally ready!!! What the heck?? When I dropped my car off, there was no one else waiting and I went to lunch with my husband and was gone for less than an hour so it was still two hours sitting in their waiting room after I got back. Not to mention, my car did not even get put in the shop until 2:00!! I am absolutely furious, especially because I could see my vehicle with the hood up, just sitting there and occasionally an employee would casually saunter over to it, do something for a couple of minutes, walk around the shop and then go do something elsewhere! I think the worst thing was the blatant disrespect of my time and frustration. I explained to the receptionist that I was highly frustrated because of the time it took and she offered an insincere, halfhearted "sorry" and then told me how much I owed. Ugh... disgusted.

Onto the next crappy service... I have an australian shepherd and if you don't know the breed, they can cover your entire carpet with fur just by walking by! LOL! Anyways, I took him to petsmart and asked that he be shampood, groomed, his hair cut fairly short, and paid extra for 15 minutes of extra brushing. That night, he was leaving clumps of hair on the floor wherever he would lay and the next morning, my husband took him outside and was brushing clumps of fur out of his coat. I know dogs will continually shed but we paid good money for that service and it was crappy work! Not to mention his coat is really choppy and not well done.

The main reason I am on here is because I wanted to vent and get it all out because while I can say something about it to the person(s) involved who did the crappy work, I also know it won't change the crappy job that was done. What the heck, people??!! Whatever happened to pride in your job? Or providing outstanding customer service? And before anyone gets too defensive; I have been a waitress, cosmetologist, and worked in banking (among many other jobs) and have always taken pride in giving excellent customer service and not half-a**ing a job.

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I didn't read your post (sorry, too long), but I have a poor service rant. My waiter last night told me he went to see the Batman movie and it was "totally worth the 12 people dying". I wanted to throat punch him so bad. F*cking ignorant idiot.
  • 8bitAlina
    8bitAlina Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I didn't read your post (sorry, too long), but I have a poor service rant. My waiter last night told me he went to see the Batman movie and it was "totally worth the 12 people dying". I wanted to throat punch him so bad. F*cking ignorant idiot.

Yikes! :( Talk about inappropriate.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Car Service....was it a dealer, or private repair shop? If private, call in and speak with the owner. Also, did you notice if they have a BBB rating? are they affiliated with NAPA or other nationwide repair association...use these as notice indicators if something isn't done by the owner. Hope you got names as to "helped" you, as well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Poor service is a reflection on the management/owner. Deal with them first. If you have a hard time with them, then it's never going to change. Hopefully you find a better place for next time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • do4fit
    do4fit Posts: 23
    Options
    I totally get it! Having worked in the customer service industry for the entire 9 or so years of my working life when I am out there I notice the lack of pride and good service. It is so annoying. I understand that this might not be your IDEAL job/career but this is what you are doing NOW to pay the bills. I get sometimes people have bad days, once in a while you just cannot leave it at home... or it is the job itself that is causing the stress but when it happens constantly at a place it's just WRONG.

I hope you said something or are going to say something. I am not sure what has gone off course (sp?/right form?) but people just seem to lazy or disconnected to care... and you know damn well that if they were being treated the way they are treating you that they would be upset/annoyed as well.

good luck next time around! Hope your day gets better.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

That is disgusting. I hope you said something to the management.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

:noway: :noway: :noway: I hope you didn't leave a tip...
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

:noway: :noway: :noway: I hope you didn't leave a tip...

Hell no, no tip. My boyfriend got up quickly and ushered the waiter away because he could see the fury in my eyes. When walking him away he told him unless he wants a scene with me he should get someone else to bring the bill. I'm glad he did that because I was in a rage, but was with my daughter too.
  • chellelee77
    Options
    What a crackhead. Hopefully someone did throat punch him.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I dropped off my car at noon today for a standard state inspection, oil change/tire rotation...after freaking THREE hours it was finally ready!!! What the heck?? When I dropped my car off, there was no one else waiting and I went to lunch with my husband and was gone for less than an hour so it was still two hours sitting in their waiting room after I got back. Not to mention, my car did not even get put in the shop until 2:00!! I am absolutely furious, especially because I could see my vehicle with the hood up, just sitting there and occasionally an employee would casually saunter over to it, do something for a couple of minutes, walk around the shop and then go do something elsewhere! I think the worst thing was the blatant disrespect of my time and frustration. I explained to the receptionist that I was highly frustrated because of the time it took and she offered an insincere, halfhearted "sorry" and then told me how much I owed. Ugh... disgusted.

Onto the next crappy service... I have an australian shepherd and if you don't know the breed, they can cover your entire carpet with fur just by walking by! LOL! Anyways, I took him to petsmart and asked that he be shampood, groomed, his hair cut fairly short, and paid extra for 15 minutes of extra brushing. That night, he was leaving clumps of hair on the floor wherever he would lay and the next morning, my husband took him outside and was brushing clumps of fur out of his coat. I know dogs will continually shed but we paid good money for that service and it was crappy work! Not to mention his coat is really choppy and not well done.

The main reason I am on here is because I wanted to vent and get it all out because while I can say something about it to the person(s) involved who did the crappy work, I also know it won't change the crappy job that was done. What the heck, people??!! Whatever happened to pride in your job? Or providing outstanding customer service? And before anyone gets too defensive; I have been a waitress, cosmetologist, and worked in banking (among many other jobs) and have always taken pride in giving excellent customer service and not half-a**ing a job.
    Why are you ranting here? You should be saying these things to the managers of those businesses. (Not the receptionist.)
  • aleshai
    Options
    I went to Midas and can't believe how bad it was. The manager was who I dropped my keys with, but he did not come back into the waiting area when my car was finished and passed the keys and clipboard to the receptionist. I guess I should have asked to see him and complain. The bad thing is that there is a glass window in the waiting room and you can see into the shop and I never once saw anyone out there hustling their butt or moving with purpose.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you don't get anywhere with the manager, you may need to go higher. I always let someone know if I receive poor service. (Or good service. It goes both ways.)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I went to McDonalds right after I saw the movie and the cashier asked if the movie 'was worth dying for.' Ugh.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options

I went to McDonalds right after I saw the movie and the cashier asked if the movie 'was worth dying for.' Ugh.

People like this shouldn't be allowed to breed.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Customer service is really lacking these days and I have had my fair share of poor service (especially right after we bought our house and were dealing with several different companies that we had purchased things for the house from) and when u say something, it's like they don't even care, and they don't try to make it right
    I work hard every day at my job and can't imagine doing any less, so I guess I just don't get people who seem to not even care.
    And when I got somewhere and do get good customer service, which should be the norm, but it rare, i make sure to let the person know that i really appreciate them.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Feel better?
  • aleshai
    Options
    Customer service is really lacking these days and I have had my fair share of poor service (especially right after we bought our house and were dealing with several different companies that we had purchased things for the house from) and when u say something, it's like they don't even care, and they don't try to make it right
    I work hard every day at my job and can't imagine doing any less, so I guess I just don't get people who seem to not even care.
    And when I got somewhere and do get good customer service, which should be the norm, but it rare, i make sure to let the person know that i really appreciate them.

Exactly!! I try to show appreciation and understanding so that is probably why it is hard to raise a ruckus when it's lacking.
  • aleshai
    Options

Good grief! It is unbelievable that someone would say something so unthinking/unfeeling. What kind of a person would make a statement like that?! F*cking ignorant idiot is right!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    harsh..i seriously dont even know what else to say to that..i probaly WOULD have punched him:noway:
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

You have a right to vent if you made an appointment with these companies instead of just stopping by if no appointment then you dont. if its a dealer, you dont know what cars they had in the bay already being worked on and also the time of the day matter cause of lunch breaks. Im sure they were not saying hey lets make this chick wait for 3 hours. Most of the time communication is the reason why things break down and its hard to communicate with the general public cause they think cause they are a customer they can say or do anything they want and will attack you or try to get you fired oever stupid crap.

People think just cause they show up everyone is going to drop everything to help you. Also, I always keep in mind none of us are perfect at our jobs and sometimes things just fall apart. Sometimes, you just have to wait or be understanding.

Also im going to defend servers before others start talking crap, servers make 2.13 an hour and have to wait on jerks, people who wont get off their phones, and many times work open to close without a break so they are mentally and physically drained. I did it many years in my young and in college. Now some of my friends were forced to do it and I feel so bad for them cuase of the public. People stiff them cause the food come out slow, oh wow, you showed that server who didnt even cook your food, they depend on others to get your food out to you.

People dont realize if something is wrong, the manage will fix it but nope, people punish the poor girl with 3 kids for something that she couldn't control. Last rant, people if you in a restaurant by yourself, sit in the bar or cocktail table. No one wants to wait on you for hours cause you wont tip as much as a 4 plus top.

Also many have degrees and had to swallow their pride to support their families in a crappy economy so lay off people. As for fast food and cashiers, would you be overly happy working a high stress job with crappy pay? People need to be happy they can even eat out and buy things.