Poor Service Rant

Options
2»

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I didn't read your post (sorry, too long), but I have a poor service rant. My waiter last night told me he went to see the Batman movie and it was "totally worth the 12 people dying". I wanted to throat punch him so bad. F*cking ignorant idiot.

I went to McDonalds right after I saw the movie and the cashier asked if the movie 'was worth dying for.' Ugh.

Wow I must have a warped sense of humor, I chuckled a bit at both. With jokes like that you have to end them with "too soon?", it softens the blow a bit.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    People think just cause they show up everyone is going to drop everything to help you. Also, I always keep in mind none of us are perfect at our jobs and sometimes things just fall apart. Sometimes, you just have to wait or be understanding.

True, HOWEVER - in this case the OP said she could see them back there doing nothing for extended periods of time. Wandering by the car and glancing at it. That sort of thing.
    People dont realize if something is wrong, the manage will fix it but nope, people punish the poor girl with 3 kids for something that she couldn't control. Last rant, people if you in a restaurant by yourself, sit in the bar or cocktail table. No one wants to wait on you for hours cause you wont tip as much as a 4 plus top.

However again - the waiter/-tress is 100% in control of the words that come out of his/her mouth. I think you're defending against something that wasn't said or didn't happen in this case..
    Also many have degrees and had to swallow their pride to support their families in a crappy economy so lay off people. As for fast food and cashiers, would you be overly happy working a high stress job with crappy pay?

DISAGREE. Well, with the implication anyway. I will admit I didn't much care for my time at Church's Fried Chicken.

If you're in a customer-facing job, you need to slap on a happy face and be polite. At least civil. CERTAINLY not offensive. And if you're having a bad day, it's tip suicide (or worse) to take it out on a customer. I realize that some customers are complete *kitten*, and I am not going to excuse people like that, but I mean instead normal Jack and Jill coming in for a meal.

I try to tell my kids - even when they're tired, cranky, hungry... PLEASE try to keep tempers and attitudes under control. It doesn't help ANYONE to blow off steam without real reason.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Whenever I receive bad service, I take the time to politely contact the establishment I am unhappy with as well as their corporate headquarters. 90% of the time I get a favorable response.

If, after I complain, the service improves and the respoinse is favorable, I will give them a second chance. Nobody gets a third chance.

By the way, I send out a lot of letters and emails. I don't just send out correspondence for unfavorable treatment; if I receive exceptional service or treatment, I make a point to get that person's name and I also send out emails, calls or letter for exceptional treatment.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I didn't read your post (sorry, too long), but I have a poor service rant. My waiter last night told me he went to see the Batman movie and it was "totally worth the 12 people dying". I wanted to throat punch him so bad. F*cking ignorant idiot.

That guy has no business dealing with people :mad:
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Talk about hijack, why not respect the OP and at least read their post, and then make your own thread. :notcool:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

What? I would have clocked him or at least said something to his manager. Totally inappropriate. D:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Customer service jobs aren't for everyone. I worked three customer service jobs and I hated them all, hence why I work in a warehouse now. It pays more and I don't have to deal with customers who have ridiculously high expectations of me. "What do you mean I won't be insured by Monday? I got an appointment on Tuesday?" Don't schedule appointments when you're uninsured then. Uuuugh. I try not to give those in customer service jobs a hard time because I know it sucks and I died a little inside each day I had to deal with an unruly customer's crap. But that being said, that's no excuse to not do your job, even if you don't have a perky smile on the whole time. :)
  • gkwatra
    Options
    When I was 23 and working and going to school, I took my car to a private servicer for a smog check. My dad is a mechanic but was so swamped (people were also bringing cars for him to fix at home). He had referred me to this place where past co-workers of his had brought cars for smog tests. Evidentally, the place went under new ownership which he was not aware of. Long story short, I was charged $730 so that my car would pass smog. I had the money in the bank but it was over 3/4 of my balance. I shook when I wrote out the check. My dad found out and felt so terrible. We both went back to the guy and he just BS'd his way through the whole thing and was just a general *kitten*. He refused to give any of my money back. We then called the Bureau of Automotive Repair and which in turn contacted him. He came back with my check hasn't cleared yet. We checked and it cleared that day I wrote it. He had taken his happy *kitten* to the bank that very day and deposited it. Anyway, I got $445 back at the end. A few years later, it was in the news that he and his mechanics got arrested and the shop closed down. Karma sucks doesn't it?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Whenever I receive bad service, I take the time to politely contact the establishment I am unhappy with as well as their corporate headquarters. 90% of the time I get a favorable response.

If, after I complain, the service improves and the respoinse is favorable, I will give them a second chance. Nobody gets a third chance.

By the way, I send out a lot of letters and emails. I don't just send out correspondence for unfavorable treatment; if I receive exceptional service or treatment, I make a point to get that person's name and I also send out emails, calls or letter for exceptional treatment.

^^^Correct answer!!!
  • gkwatra
    Options
    I also worked in customer services for 5 years so I definitely know and rude and unreasonable the public can be. There are definitely bad days and sometimes there are customers who just want to fight with someone. But the more professional you are in handling situations, you will come out on top. If you are calm, it makes them look even more like a dolt.
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options

WOW!! That is absolutely disgusting!!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have an Aussie. It really helps to brush them daily. That can cut down on the amount of hair left around the house. And last summer I learned how to clip her myself. I saved LOTS of money that would've gone to a groomer, and I got exactly the cut I wanted for her.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Talk about hijack, why not respect the OP and at least read their post, and then make your own thread. :notcool:

Cheese.jpg?t=1343137431

to go with your whine :wink:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options

Seriously?! I hope you said something to his or her manager. That person doesn't deserve to have a job when so many people are struggling to find a job and make ends meet. I also would not have even tipped 1 cent to that dbag. Not even a damn penny.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Car repair places are notorious for taking their time on oil changes. They make very little money off it, so they are not in a hurry to get to you. There's a chain of repair shops in Austin that advertises a $20 oil change and tire rotation, but if you go in and ask for one, they'll tell you they can't touch your car for an hour. They want the expensive repair work, not a measly oil change.

I'm generally a very patient person, and I understand that when a service person is very busy, they may make mistakes or forget about you. But the least I deserve in those instances is an apology and a promise to correct whatever went wrong. Making a mistake that is entirely your fault and then being rude to me when I point it out and ask you to correct it is completely unacceptable.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Poor customer service sucks. I worked at CVS for 5 years as a high school and college student and even at 16 I was a courteous and diligent employee. I can't stand customer service, so I have an office job now, but am surprised by how lazy and rude customer service people have gotten. If you're a cashier, you shouldn't be texting on your phone in between customers (or even have your damn phone on your person).

In terms of car service, I always go to the dealership. Sure I pay more, but they stand behind their product and service. Plus Nissan has rewards, so 1 out of every 3 oil changes is free. In the future, ask them for how long it will take and tell them you need to be out of there by a certain time.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options

Cheese.jpg?t=1343137431

to go with your whine :wink:

We sit around, complain

Whining away all our days

Just don't like anything

I'm just too anal-retentive

I'm going to sit here and whine

I'm going to whine about how my life stinks

I'm going to whine all day long

Well done pop-princess:laugh:
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Another poor service rant. But i dont think its about a 'service' but a service, if you get mah drift? ANYWHO:

My mum brought McDonald's for dinner (yes terrible, I know), she ordered a burger with chicken in it, she was instead given a burger with fish. She went in and asked for them to change it to the one she ordered, they the accused her of lying about getting a chicken burger and that she ordered a fish burger. Naturally my mum stayed there for several minuets arguing with them over this. She eventually got her food and left.

Now dont think my mum is fussy and over dramatic about her food. She would have been happy if they'd given her any other burger but the fish one. The thing is, My mother has such a deadly fish allergy that if she eats one bite she'll have to be taken to hospital.
    McDonald's = genius.

I hate fast-food places. >:[
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    that wasnt even really a rant, just a story of a persons retardation. :|
    >Insert rant nao<
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

you're a better person than me....I would have smashed his balls before even thinking.