Anyone Have 'Want To Eat Everything' Days ?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
I get days where I walk into a cafe for a coffee and find myself longing to just get a meal (usually when I have been cycling), like eggs on toast followed by dessert, or a baked potato and ice cream, then wondering how on earth people manage 'cheat' meals or days, in the sense of, how do they choose what to have if there are so many things they like and keep away from the rest of the week ?

There are so many foods I like, that I avoid mostly due to trying to keep it clean, including chocolate, cake, doughnuts, pizza, ice cream and yes, even sandwiches, eggs on toast and baked potatoes with fillings (never been a fan of burgers really though and not a big pizza eater) . It is a shame there is no way to integrate them into a diet when you are trying to ensure you get plenty of fruit and veggies and healthy proteins each day, without going over on calories.

Replies

• belle_7
    belle_7 Posts: 18
    Options
    Ugh yes! I had one today and yesterday =(... It makes me so sad when I have these days... We just have to try and be strong...
  • michelle_w_04
    michelle_w_04 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat what I like. I've learned to not eat so much of it and to eat it in moderation but if I want a cookie or some ice cream then I eat it and make sure it fits into my calories. For me this is the first time I've viewed my weight loss as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I don't dread losing the weight because I'm still eating foods I enjoy, I'm just not going overboard on them any longer.
  • frenchie2727
    frenchie2727 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had a whole week like that while on vaca last week that unfortunately continued into today...
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    for sure i have those. usually like a few times a month and i try to keep them in check. but sometimes it feels inevitable.
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I eat what I like. I've learned to not eat so much of it and to eat it in moderation but if I want a cookie or some ice cream then I eat it and make sure it fits into my calories. For me this is the first time I've viewed my weight loss as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I don't dread losing the weight because I'm still eating foods I enjoy, I'm just not going overboard on them any longer.

This!

If I suffer through depriving myself, I will end up going overboard eventually. There's no way I would live the rest of my life without pizza or chocolate. I just fit it into my daily limit.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That was me yesterday. I can't explain it. It's isn't TOM and I usually am not that hungry at that time, but I was so hungry yesterday. I logged everything in and only came out 88 calories over my goal of 1600. I was surprised, I thought for certain it would have been higher. Today is better, I am not as hungry. I don't know what the problem was yesterday.
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151
    Options
    EVERYDAY. But then, all those days are just another test of perseverance, restraint and general willpower. :)
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    it is so easy to relax and to just give in... you can do it as long as you are counting calories, maybe. I know that for me it is usually one or two weeks before that time of the month when I crave chips, sweets, baked goodies, etc...
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have those days where I crave just about everything (or sometimes ONE food to the point of near insanity), and just have to remind myself that that kind of "hunger" is almost always mental, not physical. If it's really driving me crazy (i.e. late nights craving sweets), I'll write out whatever's on my mind until whatever underlying stress that's getting to me comes out. Once I've gotten that out of my system, it often fades. I also (and I still struggle with this) have to accept that there's just certain foods I can NOT have just one of. Cookies, for instance. Can't have them. Even the diet ones. If I do, it'll just snowball into massive cookie cravings for days.

Not everyone is like this - I know a lot of people who do better just allowing them that "one thing" that they've been craving, and once they have a few bites of it, they're ok. It's just not been my experience.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,521 Member
    Options
    Lol, you should have accompanied me on my cruise last week and seen the melee.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I get days where I walk into a cafe for a coffee and find myself longing to just get a meal (usually when I have been cycling), like eggs on toast followed by dessert, or a baked potato and ice cream, then wondering how on earth people manage 'cheat' meals or days, in the sense of, how do they choose what to have if there are so many things they like and keep away from the rest of the week ?

There are so many foods I like, that I avoid mostly due to trying to keep it clean, including chocolate, cake, doughnuts, pizza, ice cream and yes, even sandwiches, eggs on toast and baked potatoes with fillings (never been a fan of burgers really though and not a big pizza eater) . It is a shame there is no way to integrate them into a diet when you are trying to ensure you get plenty of fruit and veggies and healthy proteins each day, without going over on calories.

Sounds like some of the food I've been dodging (chocolate, cake, and doughnuts).

Potatoes aren't terribly bad for you, it's the toppings you choose to put on them.
    Burgers and pizza can be reworked a bit to make them healthier.

But yes, I've had days where I've wanted to say, "Forget the diet and pass the KitKat bars!"
  • pinky_pie
    pinky_pie Posts: 127
    Options
    Usually a week before my TOM I have those days. And then when TOM comes around, I don't want to eat much of anything.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I generally eat what I want, and just make sure it fits in my calorie 'budget'. Logging food at the beginning of the day helps. Then I'll know if I have enough in my 'calorie bank' to have a piece of chocolate before bed. :)
  • MDALUV
    MDALUV Posts: 2
    Options
    It seems that the more weight I lose the more I want to eat everything in site. For some reason the urge to eat happens in the evening. I am so good all day until around 7:00 PM.
  • dcinthesummer
    dcinthesummer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am having a day like that today!
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options

This!

If I suffer through depriving myself, I will end up going overboard eventually. There's no way I would live the rest of my life without pizza or chocolate. I just fit it into my daily limit.

Absolutely, everything in moderation! I think I might die if I couldn't have reese cups lol
  • stacgiggles
    stacgiggles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OH yeah think about it everyday! :)

But I like to have a little bit of something every week to "satisfy" my craving. I don't go over board , just a little bit. Like one weekend my DH and I were craving pizza. So we went to Pizza Shoppe and split a small pizza. It was enough to get us by. If you do it in moderation it's a lot better than "craming" it into one day. :)

My current goal is to lose 5 more lbs and then it's donut day! :) I know you shouldn't do that...reward yourself w/ food. But I never reallly was a huge donut eater and it really sounds good in the last few weeks.
    :)
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    When don't I have days like that!! That is why I have to lose over 100 pounds:grumble:
  • jodyw83
    jodyw83 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'll eat those things I'm craving, but in small portions :)
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Everyday. I think I have BED, but I'm not quite sure.