Anyone Have 'Want To Eat Everything' Days ?

Options

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm havin one of those days right now. Tho the key word is WANT. I WANT to eat everything, but I'm not goin to. I'ma stay at cals & just be hungry the rest of the time.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Weekends are free game for me, just keep a mental note to make sure you aren't over eating.

Sticking to a diet 5 days on and slight variations for 2 days still works, let yourself be a bit more free in the weekend, it won't hurt =]

I've lost 20kg so far, and I eat some pretty bad things over the weekend, cake, ice cream etc, but it's all in moderation.

Another way to go is to have an off day every couple of weeks or so, 1 day where you eat what ever the hell you like, then back to the diet.

Also if you think you are hungry have a glass of water and wait 10 minutes, sometimes you can mistake hunger for thirst =]
  • aranajt3
    aranajt3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been having one of those weeks. My husband has been a meanie by helping me battle the craving and eat healthy.
  • PoohAA
    PoohAA Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Of course! Who doesn't?
    Tangent: I got off track long ago when I used my computer exclusively to track my calories. Some days I just forgot and it became less of a priority. So did going to the gym. I have a lot less trouble now that I got a new phone and have the android app. It's not a million times easier, but for me I find it a lot more convenient since I can scan foods and I have other apps on the phone that remind me to do what I need to do. It's easy to chastise my laziness, but I figure I can always learn from my mistakes.
    End Tangent.
    Probably every other day I eat something I shouldn't or eat a little more than I should. In health, I believe in balance - so I just work out more that day. Today, for example, I ate some indian sweets that are apparently huuuge in calories (so frickin delicious though). Thus, to keep myself in the green, I'm going to swim some laps tonight, as soon as I digest my dinner.
    To stay on track you have to be happy. I find that logging my progress is a source of this happiness, but so is the food! I have accepted that I'm human and I will never train myself not to like certain things. Eat 'em in moderation and maybe eat a little healthier for the rest of your meals that day. :)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I eat what I like. I've learned to not eat so much of it and to eat it in moderation but if I want a cookie or some ice cream then I eat it and make sure it fits into my calories. For me this is the first time I've viewed my weight loss as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I don't dread losing the weight because I'm still eating foods I enjoy, I'm just not going overboard on them any longer.

This works if you are talking small, snack size things, but if it comes to an actual meal, then the options are to replace your normally clean, healthy meal (for me, usually boiled fish and vegetables) with something less healthy.

I am on maintenance and was never overweight anyway to start, but even in maintenance, once you have it in your brain you have to eat clean, it becomes very hard to even allow yourself a meal or snack out sometimes if you are out and about and fancy it.
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yep, yesterday. Work function. I went in saying I was only going it eat certain things and ate waaaayyyy to much. Trying to get back on track. Have a gathering with friends in a week and I would like to at least not be bloated :)
  • Joneisha07
    Joneisha07 Posts: 49
    Options
    Me and my sister call it "Mission Eat All Tha Food"!
    I think everyone has those days.
  • 2duckspond
    Options
    Yes, I get them. I am allowing myself one "free" day a week. I've chosen Saturday to eat ice cream if I like, or some chips, etc. Then when Sunday rolls around I'm over it and can resume the healthy routine the other 6 days.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    all the time. so frustrating!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Today. I blame TOM. I really hate that guy.
  • cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Why yes, I had one today and believe me, I ate EVERYTHING!!! Usually have at least one, maybe two of those a week. I usually feel like doo doo at the end of the day and manage to get back on track for the rest of the week.
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    I eat what I like. I've learned to not eat so much of it and to eat it in moderation but if I want a cookie or some ice cream then I eat it and make sure it fits into my calories. For me this is the first time I've viewed my weight loss as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I don't dread losing the weight because I'm still eating foods I enjoy, I'm just not going overboard on them any longer.

I agree 100%! :happy:
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    Some people seem to be able to indulge in moderation and for some of us it's a slippery slope to a binge. It's good to know which type of person you are :-)
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty successful in planning a single *moderate* cheat day per week... (I actually try to keep it to a single meal). I have a mental "wish list" of everything I'd like to have on one of those days. It actually helps keep me focused the rest of the week, as I'm not saying NO to myself, just "in a little bit". Most often I either forget about it, or decide that it's not the "one thing" that I want to use that meal on. It's important for me though, that the next day is very well planned out to reduce the likelihood of another cheat day creeping in.
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Me. Today :(.
  • Marinayes
    Marinayes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am having that day today. I am already 350 over on calories for today and I am still starving. I think I will go out and run a little later just to earn back some of the calories I already ate.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Weekends are free game for me, just keep a mental note to make sure you aren't over eating.

Sticking to a diet 5 days on and slight variations for 2 days still works, let yourself be a bit more free in the weekend, it won't hurt =]

I've lost 20kg so far, and I eat some pretty bad things over the weekend, cake, ice cream etc, but it's all in moderation.

Another way to go is to have an off day every couple of weeks or so, 1 day where you eat what ever the hell you like, then back to the diet.

Also if you think you are hungry have a glass of water and wait 10 minutes, sometimes you can mistake hunger for thirst =]

GOOD advice! I take Sundays "off" which makes it easier to say no during the week. Also, I try to plan on making or getting foods (that are better for me than pizza) for dinner or dessert that I can look forward to every day that fit into my calorie & health goals, so that when I say NO to a crappy store bought cookie from the break room, I'm actually saying YES!! to dark chocolate bits on some frozen yogurt later. ;) Also try the 50% Rule: Eat half. SLOWLY. Then if you're still hungry, eat half of the half. And so on. The trick is to eat slowly and really savor it (if it's not something worth savoring, it's not something worth eating). Usually you find that half of a donut is enough of a donut with that approach.

Also, what's wrong with eggs on toast? I eat poached eggs & a piece of toast every single day!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    ...It is a shame there is no way to integrate them into a diet when you are trying to ensure you get plenty of fruit and veggies and healthy proteins each day, without going over on calories.

Of course there is! If you want those things, you just find a way to make them fit. Constantly denying yourself things you like makes it very hard to stick to! If you want bacon & eggs, then have it. It is a great source of protein, just make the rest of your day a little lower in fat to compensate. You might need to skip the toast with butter, but otherwise its fine.

I (like many others) regularly have burgers, pizza, icecream and other 'junk' foods whilst maintaining a healthy caloric deficit and meeting my macro goals - it just requires a bit of extra thought sometimes.
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    just the days that end in Y!!!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

That might work for me, since generally I just want to be able to fit a coffee and cake, and a non clean meal in each week somewhere. I think for me, I tend to get caught up in routine, so I have my usual healthy stuff when I get up, and then have to stick to my healthy stuff all day as the healthy stuff has used the calories that I might have been able to use on something I really fancy. Thus, I had my banana and cottage cheese, and went cycling, got to a nice little riverside place, and ended up having a mug of tea and 2 slices of toast rather than the portion of chips (fries only thick ones) I really felt like (which is unheard of for me as I am not a chips/fries sort of person, and only have them perhaps once a year lol!