What is your workout & work schedule?

Options
13»

Replies

• ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    During the summer I work 7am-5pm Monday through Thursday as a caregiver for a mentally handicapped adult. The great part about that job is it keeps me active! He has to walk for at least 30 minutes every day or he can get sick so I always work out a little while working.

I go to the gym around 8pm and stay until about 9:30pm. I've tried early workouts - they don't work for me. I'm too sleepy. I also like the time to unwind. And my workout buddy doesn't like to work out until late.

During the school year my schedule will be a lot different.
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    I work 2nd shift, so I have all morning to exercise before work. : )
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I work long somewhat unpredictable hours so I mix it up -- I do best with classes where I commit to being there -- so 7 pm MON evening and 7 am Wed morning I spin with short pilates session afterwards which feels great. Tues am I do pilates mat class, and Fri am I do kettlebell class which is fun. 'Thurs am I walk with a friend. Then Sat I take off, and Sunday my husband and I do a hilly bike ride of 20 to 40 miles. I am really inspired by everyone on MFP. I also like to row my rowing shell, but that takes more time, cause I have to go down to the river, and take it from the racks to the river so I don't do it too often. It sure feels better to exercise now that I've lost part of my weight. When I exercise I feel so much more energy and peace of mind and it is easier to stay on my food plan. God bless the moms -- I remember how hard it was to exercise when my daughter was little. Now my daughter is grown up. We did a half marathon together before I hurt my knee. That is to say we started together, but she finished way, way, way ahead of me. We also did a sprint tri together. But then I stopped logging my food, and gained my weight back. Now I am logging on MFP, and getting inspired by you all, and it is my strongest intention and goal to log everyday for life, stay out of denial, and see this exercise and food plan as a way of life and not a diet. I've lost about 1/2 of my weight and my muscles are back, and for someone 58, I think I am very lucky to be on this journey.
  • CHEVYGYRL27
    Options
    I generally work out in the mornings because after work either i'm to tired or end up doing other things. I am not a early morning person but I have to be to work by 8 and have my son at care at 7:30. So I make this my second job and go at it from bout 5:30 -6:30/6:45. If I dont get a as much time in as I like I go to the gym after work and do more. You have to find what works for you.
  • aims17
    aims17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I work 8:30-4:30 M-F, with an occasional Sat 9-4. I started the C25K app. I don't like to get up early as it is. So to avoid as much of this 100 degree heat as possible my plan is C25K M/W about 8:15pm. (as late as possible without being dark out) and Sat am by 9am to avoid the heat. Other days, I do Zumba at home. For 20 mins to an hour depending on what I ate that day, usually sometime between 7 & 8. I'm just getting motivated again, so this is what has worked so far for me.
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm a single Mom but my kids are a bit older... My days are like this up at 7 to get every moving, somedays earlier. Take them to camp, at work by 8 or 9. Work till 3 or 4. Get home, take the dog out for his nightly hour or hour and a half power walk or run walk. Dinner made and to the gym by 6 or 7. Hopefully I'm in there for an hour or 1 1/2 hours. Next, home and some down time if no major chores need to be completed... Then off to be to do it again! It's hard but worth it. All days are not llike this and some are much harder but you just have to do it I have to give myself the have no excuses talks daily.
  • lrcross
    lrcross Posts: 42
    Options
    I get up "late" according to some; I raise about 730 or 745a...I get to work at 9a.

I set my workout to 4 times a week for 60 minutes after work, but I end up working out 6-7 times per week for 60 minutes. My new schedule for the next six weeks will be:

Mon & Thurs: Zumba
    Wed: OFF
    Tues & Fri: Lifting and Deep Water Aerobic (off every other Fri)
    Sat: Water aerobics
    Sun: Lifting and water aerobics

I tend to lose track of time when I am swimming, but that is the beauty of working out in the water. :flowerforyou:
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I work at Lowe's so my hours are all over the place. Some nights, I work till 11pm, some days I have to be at work at 6am. It's hard. I work in the paint department, so I spend all day lifting buckets of paint (among other things), going up and down ladders and walking. I feel like I get a good workout at work. I don't want to know how many miles I walk in a day there! Right now, I'm just working out on my days off (2, sometimes 3, days a week).
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I wake up every morning at 5:00 to work out. I get to the gym at 5:30 and work out until 6:45. Home at 7:00. I used to have to shower, eat breakfast and be out by 8:00 to get to the office by 8:30.

In October I started working from home. I'm no longer rushed to shower and eat breakfast and save 30 minutes of commute time. I use this time to relax and catch up on the news.

On the flip side, sometimes I find myself working at 10:00 at night when I should be going to bed.
  • jgthomas78
    jgthomas78 Posts: 81
    Options
    I work 12 hour night shifts. If I didn't work the night before I get my workout in in the morning as soon as I get up. If I worked the night before, I do it in the afternoon as soon as I get up.