20pds by XMas who's with me? P90x week 7

Options
Ok so I've been doing P90X for 7 weeks and I have 6 weeks left in the 90 days. I want to loose 20 pounds by Christmas! Let's do it together! Motivate each other. Share what is working and what not to do!!

Replies

• rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    We will weigh in once a week and share recipes and tips!
  • cravune
    cravune Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    well done on p90x, what results have you seen so far?

i keep doing week one over and over as really enjoy the plyo etc.
  • rmchan
    Options
    I can now do 8pull ups with one foot on a chair...before I couldn't do 1 at all! I can see definition..Not seeing a lot of weight loss though. I started out on the Lean program..now i'm switching between classic and doubles. I have 50pds to loose! I had to tweek the eating program a little. I think I was eating too much cause I wasn't seeing any weight loss. My husband and I do it together. He has lost 14 pds and gone from a 38 to a 36 jean...I've only lost 2 pds...
  • cravune
    cravune Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    id be less worried about following p90x nutrition and use this site to count ur cals.....im surprised uve only lost 2lbs, but as you can now do 8 pull ups you will have certainly gained some muscle!

keep it up, will def work for you
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am definitely interested in being part of a support group to lose 20lbs by Christmas. I need that extra focus through the holidays since most people gain this time of year. Let me know what you would like to do and we can chat about it. Thanks!
  • shellybelly83
    Options
    With P90X you are going to gain muscle, so you won't see as much weight loss. So be sure to track progress by measurements and how your clothes fit. I am doing P90X as well and love it!
  • bnewag123
    Options
    Hello rmchan :smile: !

I have been doing P90X since the beginning of September and I have lost 7 pounds and 6" overall (chest, waist, hips). I am really enjoying it. I can now do 10 to 12 pulls ups assisted with a chair. I would love to be able to do at least one unassisted and have made that one of my goals.

I'm looking forward to the motivation and support and hearing everyone's successes! I, too, would like to lose at least 10 more pounds by Christmas. 20 would be terrific, but I don't think that it will happen. Trying to be realistic. More importantly, I would love to fit into those jeans that are on the bottom of the pile in my closet. That would be the best Christmas present!

Good luck all! Kim
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I can now do 8pull ups with one foot on a chair...before I couldn't do 1 at all! I can see definition..Not seeing a lot of weight loss though. I started out on the Lean program..now i'm switching between classic and doubles. I have 50pds to loose! I had to tweek the eating program a little. I think I was eating too much cause I wasn't seeing any weight loss. My husband and I do it together. He has lost 14 pds and gone from a 38 to a 36 jean...I've only lost 2 pds...

i did p90x with my bf too! he lost 10lbs and 3% body fat!
    i didnt lose weight but i did build up strength and endurance. I wish I had done more cardio and knew about MFP then to track my calories :grumble:
  • rmchan
    Options
    ok so what day would ya'll like to be our day to weigh/measure? I also would like for us to share what we think helped that week with the loss or what you feel were the challenges you had or need help with! I really want this to be a close support group and together WE CAN!!!! We are going to have to be honest and willing to change. That means to me..I'm gonna have to remind myself that I'm worth taking time out for.. The clothes, cooking, cleaning can get a little behind..it's ok! I'm important and I need to get healthy and feel good about myself!! Thanks ya'll! Let me know about the day for check-in!
  • Goddessofchaos
    Options
    Please tell me what p90X is.
  • CourtneyF
    Options
    I just started P90X - again. I keep quitting and am really good at finding excuses. I want to lose 10 pounds by Christmas and be able to do 3 full pull ups, like I could when I was in the Marines. It was another lifetime ago but I want that level of fitness back! Good luck to everyone.
  • CourtneyF
    Options
    Please tell me what p90X is.

P90X is a workout program that is run on 3 30 day cycles. It is based on the idea that by using muscle confusion we will burn fat and build muscle faster. From the results I have seen in friends, all fairly fit to start with, it works. I usually quit when I am in pain but this time going to stick it out. It is designed by Tony Horton who, I think, is very motivating (and not too bad to look at while you workout:blushing: ) Look at beachbody.com that is where it is sold.
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am up or any day to be weigh ins, but I like Mondays so that way I am a little more careful over the weekend!!!
  • rmchan
    Options
    I am up or any day to be weigh ins, but I like Mondays so that way I am a little more careful over the weekend!!!

So Monday it is! I like Sunday or Monday mornings to keep me in check over the weekend.. So Monday mornings it is!
  • bnewag123
    Options
    Monday weigh in works for me.

I pooped out on yoga last night. I only did 45 minutes instead of the hour and a half. Legs and back tonight. Yay, wall squats :smile: !

It's going to be a hard weekend for me temptation wise. To start it off someone had the nerve to bring donuts in this morning! Tomorrow we are off to our yearly family bonfire. I can't help it, I really like chili dogs that are cooked over the fire. I'm just going to have to be conscious and make good choices. And, no, I have not eaten a donut. They sure smell good though.
  • InTheMoney
    InTheMoney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just found this post.
    I am in a second round of P90X and couldn't be happier.
    I have dropped about 8% body fat and gained a ton of definition.
    At 53 I am in better shape than when I was in my late 20's. I was working out in the gym for 2-3 hours a day but am seeing better results with P90X while only working out about an hour a day, except for the Yoga-X day which is 90 mins, but very worth it.
    Can't say enough about it.
  • rmchan
    Options
    Monday weigh in works for me.

I pooped out on yoga last night. I only did 45 minutes instead of the hour and a half. Legs and back tonight. Yay, wall squats :smile: !

It's going to be a hard weekend for me temptation wise. To start it off someone had the nerve to bring donuts in this morning! Tomorrow we are off to our yearly family bonfire. I can't help it, I really like chili dogs that are cooked over the fire. I'm just going to have to be conscious and make good choices. And, no, I have not eaten a donut. They sure smell good though.

I don't like the Yoga routine either...I only do about 45 minutes cause I get aggrevated with the same thing over and over..LOL..Hey have that Chili Dog just don't have 2 or 3.. and go for a walk afterwards.. Take the kids somewhere and do a scavenger hunt or give them a list of fall things to find. Something don't just eat it and hang out..and get up in the am and walk/run/P90x..earn those calories!! have a great time!!
  • xStargazerx
    Options
    ok I found your post. I weigh in on here in a min! Excited to start
  • rmchan
    Options
    Yay! First weigh in since I started the topic..and I'm proud to say
    Start weight 196
    This morning 193.5 down 2.5
    I am proud of this because I had some challenges this weekend. Kaolin Parade, Family Reunion I didn't make the very best choices but I didn't make the worst. Probably would have lost more this week if I hadn't had those small fries and that piece of fried chicken. OK so time to stop the craziness..I just need food to survive and for energy! Time to stop giving it so much power over me! How did you do this week? I think one thing that helped me this week is I was constantly moving. When I wanted to lay on the sofa and watch TV- I went for a bike ride or played basketball with my son or I worked on my sewing project.
  • xStargazerx
    Options
    Sw 273
    CW 272

I have NEVER weighed this much in my LIFE! But I have let me myself go and put my family and school before exercise and eating right. So, its time to get out of this rut and feel good about myself for once! Don't get me wrong my hubs is very supportive but he's the type that can eat whatever he wants and not gain a bit. So, I think my lesson this week is that I have to think about what I can eat/ when to eat not eat b/c my hubs does. I'm hoping to lose at least 15lbs by Christmas. OK Good Luck to all!