Is there any defectors from other sites ?

Options
124»

Replies

• splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I tracked on one that was cold. Very un friendly. I socialized somewhat on another but it was kinda like a fluffy magazine. Someone mentioned mfp on the cold site and I came to check it out. The porriage was just right.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    If Americans know one thing, its gathering intelligence and food. Have you seen the average American, they eat a lot of food.

Huh?? Am I the only one the finds this slightly offensive?

not offensive because its true.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Weight Watcher reject here.
    :glasses:
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've tried spark people and didn't like it. Also tried Weight Watchers (not online though) and didn't like it either. I love MFP. Sure there are things that could be better, but overall it's a great site.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I :heart: me some MFP!!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I joined an Aussie site called Weigh it Up, it is good for folks who want all of their meals planned out for them, without having to do calorie counting, as they are supplied as well as all of the the recipes, but my hubs would not eat half of the food on there, and I'm not going to make 2 different dinners all of the time. I do love the fact that they have a graph of my weight loss journey, which started on their sister site in February, and if I want a bit of inspiration about how far I've come I can go look at it. :) (36 lbs so far or for us Aussies that is 16.4 kilos) Someone mentioned MFP on one of the forums and I decided to take a look. I love MFP , having my food diary, lots of support and the forums on here are great too. I haven't had any problems finding the food values for most Aussie foods either. -and the fact that this is all free- well what more could you want?
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I defected from SparkPeople (too much going on) and BuddySlim (too many technical difficulties, too much spam). Having active moderators who actually pay attention to the site and respond to questions and issues is wonderful!
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I used to use SparkPeople as well, but it was cluttered and I got more involved with the clutter than my weight loss. I didn't like the food options it gave you if you went with the meal plan they laid out for you. I also spent waaay more time on the site trying to gain points by reading articles and stuff instead of just working out and eating right. this site keeps me focused without all that hooplah!
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    I came over from Livestrong.com -- loved it there -- loads of good information and a good database -- even like some of the info/charts/graphs they have there as opposed to here but there is no support system there like there is here.. and I like the mobile app that lets me scan barcodes to enter foods.

I still use Livestrong for some things (like exercise calories not listed here).. but mostly I'm here now.

^^^ditto
  • DEgal99
    DEgal99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was a sparkpeople convert too. Like most people I felt it was just too cluttered. I could never find where I wanted to go!
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I used Fitday previously. I loved the site and software. I like the way Fitday organizes its information a little more than MFP, but it really lacks the Community Food database, Android App, sync between the website and the software, and I never tried the community (if there is one).
  • Stefanie99
    Stefanie99 Posts: 45
    Options
    I can get weight watchers for free through work, and tried it two different times - the first time, I lost 20 pounds in 4 months, then gained it all back during the holidays. The second time, after they changed their points system, I didn't lose a pound.

I gave up on ww and decided to do it on my own and found sparkpeople. I thought it was going to be great, and at first I was excited about the sparkpoints, the daily spin, etc. But I didn't like the calorie range (versus a set amount of calories), I didn’t like their food log, and the site was even more cluttered than ww & had popup ads, which I can’t stand- plus in the end, I found the sparkpoints and daily spin stuff to be annoying.

After sparkpeople, I searched through several different sites, downloaded several different apps on my phone, and ended up not using any of them. Nothing appealed to me…until I found MFP. I’ve only been on this site for about a week, but I could tell the first day that I had finally found something that’s going to work for me. I love the simplicity, the user-friendliness, the HUGE food database, the message boards, everything. :)
  • HealthyIrishLass
    HealthyIrishLass Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fitday a long time ago, left to get a phone app... Since then have used WeightWatchers, free WW point apps, Calorie King, Livestrong, fatsecret, most recently Loseit. I'm always keeping track. At first it depended on who had a Palm app, then a blackberry app, now a android app. ;-) Now I'm just hashing out which app & site is easiest to use on a daily basis.
  • HealthyIrishLass
    HealthyIrishLass Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was on Livestrong (it was better when it was the Daily Plate) but couldn't find nutritional information on many of my foods. So far, I have found EVERYTHING I have searched for or scanned at MFP! Plus, love the Android app.

I totally agree that it was better back in the days when in was "The Daily Plate" That's when I used. I defected shortly after LS took over. Nothing against Lance or his mission...the site just went downhill. =P
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I ran away from Sparkpeople. It was a toxic relationship :(
  • Franzibear
    Franzibear Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I still use Fitday. I signed up for MFP just to see nutrition facts, but I stayed since it tracks sodium.

Did you know that you can track Sodium here too? Food > Settings > Nutrients Tracked: > Change any of them to track Sodium
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Sparkpeople - too confusing, cluttery and gimmicky.
    Fatsecret - database was lacking and just didn't get me moving.

Glad I found the MFP app - i was looking for the Fatsecret one and found this one first!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I came from Sparkpeople. I liked it but am liking this much better. Much easier to use in my opinion. I do still log in there on weigh in days and to help when I am trying to track my bike ride, but for the most part I am a convert.
  • elsiebeans
    Options
    I came over here from Sparkpeople. The message boards are a chaotic mess and very toxic. I read about this site in "Woman's World" magazine and decided to give it a try. I love it so far! Less mess and more ease of use.