20-50 lb success stories?

Options
13»

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by the people who can lose huge numbers - even though I'm only trying to shed about 5 more pounds.

I'm 5'7" and took a "before" pic in January at 157 and just recently a pic at 151 lbs. I think just the 6 pounds made a difference on me. The picture is on my profile - but I have no idea how to put pictures on message boards like this.

We are all built different and you just have to be comfortable with yourself. 150 is actually a really good number for me since I am a little more muscular and have "big bones" or whatever you want to call it - I feel good there even though it's technically at the higher end of the normal BMI range for my height. I know many 5'7" women who are in the 120s and if I personally was down to 120, I'd look like I have a disease/eating disorder and would be constantly weak and lethargic because I like to eat and there is no way I can eat to maintain 120. But that's just me and my thoughts based on my comfortability with my own frame. It's your personal choice and if you are happy at a lower weight and aren't endangering your body to the point of malnutrition or losing your period, then good for you.

Thanks for the topic. It's a good one that many of us forget about with all the huge losses out there.

Just looked at your profile, you look fantastic!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    My profile has a picture of just my face before and during images. I can see the difference in the 20-25 lbs I've lost so far. It helps me stay motivated:)
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot (a hair shy to be honest) and started my weight loss journey 5 years ago at about 105kgs. I lost the first 10kgs really fast and hung around 95kgs for a long time. I lost that weight just generally trying to eat better, exercise, and I was in to competitive judo at the time.

My next loss brought me down to 87kgs. I went to the gym really regularly, went through a period of having an EXTREMELY physically demanding job, and just pretty well ate whatever I felt like. Then I went back to school again and hung around this weight for a while.

In February of this year I decided I was going to try to get down to a 'healthy' BMI for the first time in my life. My goal also was that if I ever decided to take up judo again, I would not be in the "plus" category. SInce then I have waivered from OCD to moderate in my faithfulness to MFP, but it has been a big lesson in moderation!!! I'm not the most moderate person at all. A month and a half ago I reached my first goal, a healthy BMI for the first time in my life!!! I have lost the urge to keep being hungry all the time (I have a really high metabolism) so I am now going into maintenance mode for a few months, and then I plan to make the next push down to 77kg, so that I can reach that other goal for weight categories in a sport I will likely never participate in again! :D

I keep wanting to post pictures from my heaviest to now but I can't figure out how, for one. For the second I feel like because I took SO LONG to get to where I am it's a tad on the ridiculous side. But hey, it's the journey right?
  • Kaci86Descutner
    Kaci86Descutner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    Im 26 years old.
    I am 5' 3"
    SW 166 December 2012
    1st GW 125
    2nd GW 115
    CW 128 July 2012

I walk about 1.5 hours a day. I also recently started zumba for the wii. I changed my diet ALOT. From eating out everyday a few times a day, to eating more healthy, but not starving myself, nor depriving myself if I want it. Just smaller portions.

If you look in my pictures the picture of me holding my daughter was my starting point (166 lbs)
    Profile picture was taken June 30 :)
  • GroovyGirl69
    GroovyGirl69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ... It is not easy to lose ANY amount of weight if you ask me!
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Let's see... I'm 5'1", started out at 164lbs, currently at 114.5 - so 49.5lbs lost. ^_^ I'm hoping to get to 105 though. My profile picture is a recent picture of me.

OP: I feel you about apprehension of your goal weight. I get that when people hear my goal, but my frame is also very small and I have the "dangerous" midsection weight - even at my current (I hide it well). I am trying to get rid of that, to minimize further health complications.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    110-115 is a rather low number. Maybe you should make your goal a little higher. I'm 5'-0 and my goal weight is 119. Also, how many pounds are you trying to lose a week? With that said, do you just do cardio or do you mix in other things? You should try a workout video called Turbo Jam. It worked wonders for me and it's only ten weeks.
  • archine71
    archine71 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh about 173. My highest was around 190 after I spiked during my recovery from an eating disorder. My aim is to get back to a HEALTHY weight, probably around 130-140 as I am large-framed. Around 38 more lbs to go!
  • FatAssBecky
    FatAssBecky Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kaci - you look great! Great job eating healthier. Besides looking great, you look really happy and that's more important anyways! :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Here goes -

SW 12/24/11 - 174 lbs
    GW - 139 lbs
    CW 7/25/12 - 135 lbs
    Height 5'8"
    age 53

New Goals - maintain and get a solid regular activity level…I went from a US size 14 to a 8…
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7" and have lost 20 pounds since joining MFP 4 months ago (5 pounds before then). i'm looking to lose another 25 for a total of 50. i'm hoping by the end of the year, but it's coming off pretty slowly now and i'm OK with that b/c it's in the right direction! add me if you want!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!