Tomato sandwiches (118 Calories)

Options
2»

Replies

• WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    kidding aside, i'd re-evaluate your protein intake.

This,

and I would also re-evaluate the amount of calories you are getting. As a man you should not net under 1500 calories (1500 cals plus eat back 100% of the cals you burn. Some days you are well under 1000 net calories, this will lead to a loss of a large % of lean muscle, not just the fat you are looking at losing.

1410 is what MFP recommended for me to lose an average of 2lbs a week. Its worked. I've lost 56lbs since January. I don't pretend to know what's best but I just go with what they set up for me and usually eat 1/3 to 1/2 of my burnt calories back. I just don't always log everything to a T though.

As you get closer to your goal you will probably want to take that down to 1lb/week...losing it too fast without much protein is a recipe for losing lean body mass...which does not look good if you get thin and have no muscles. Just some advice I think that would benefit you.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

This,

and I would also re-evaluate the amount of calories you are getting. As a man you should not net under 1500 calories (1500 cals plus eat back 100% of the cals you burn. Some days you are well under 1000 net calories, this will lead to a loss of a large % of lean muscle, not just the fat you are looking at losing.

1410 is what MFP recommended for me to lose an average of 2lbs a week. Its worked. I've lost 56lbs since January. I don't pretend to know what's best but I just go with what they set up for me and usually eat 1/3 to 1/2 of my burnt calories back. I just don't always log everything to a T though.

That was a good goal to start, but now with only 30lbs to go your goal should only be 1lb/week at most. The less you have to lose the smaller your deficit should be to preserve as much lean muscle as possible while losing.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I<3 tomato sandwiches....my favorite sandwich BY FAR!!!! Must have vine ripe summer tomatoes though!!!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    We call this an over the sink sandwich, but we dont toast the bread.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options

This,

That was a good goal to start, but now with only 30lbs to go your goal should only be 1lb/week at most. The less you have to lose the smaller your deficit should be to preserve as much lean muscle as possible while losing.

Actually I was thinking about when I should change that. Thanks for the advice guys
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    ok, I get what you said about not logging anything after6PM or so, but even IF you are eating your whole calorie goal...it is a bit too low as a male. MFP doesn't differentiate between male and female when goal setting and the 1200 bare minimum that is applied is based on women. For men the ABSOLUTE lowest should be 1500.

Consider changing your goal to 1 lb per week now that you are closer to goal.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I know my hubby loves me cuz he puts in a garden each year for me & weeds it & waters it ..... he's my hero :love:

The tomatoes are early this year ....... the cherries hardly ever make it into the house, as I rinse them off & munch on them while they're still warm from the sun ....... the plums go into salads, or I'll make sauce ....... but the BIG ones are for tomato sandwiches ...... Arnold thins, thick slabs of tomatoes, s&p, and a little mayo (mmm, I really like a dab of wasabi mayo)

OK, now I'm hungry .... and since we're both losing weight, it CAN'T be bad !)

Thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Gawd I LOVE tomato sandwiches. I pretty much live on tomatoes and all fresh vegies during the summer months.
  • Jauryn
    Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Pretty close to my own sandwiches, but I lose the mayo and just add some avocado slices; all on toast, VERY delicious (but I rarely ever use condiments so it's probably just me).
  • anuyorker
    anuyorker Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Get some protein.
    Then we'll talk.