Sauna Etiquette

Options
2»

Replies

• jyntysmomm3
    Options
    I feel that each facility should post rules. In California I slipped and fell in a sauna. I didn't know you shouldnt wear gym shoes. There are bo signs posted on what to wear at the gym where I fell. Since most gyms are co ed I would imagine your bday suit woukdbe Iinappropriate because it leaves too much room for harassment
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Never thought to wear clothes into a sauna, maybe a sports bra and compression shorts i guess.

Either way, if there are no ruld she should just stfu
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Um, this thread is a year old. I wish the OP were still around because my guess is that the woman went off on you because you were looking her up and down for her "flabby body & tight suit."
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Just curious, If you go into a uni-sex sauna at your gym do you wear your gym clothes?

Your gym has a policy, as long as people follow it you're in good shape.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    She was rude but I also have to object to your demeaning her physical appearance: "flabby overweight built". It has no bearing on the situation and insulting to us older, flabby overweight women. Its just name-calling.

We are hearing one side of the story here, but considering how OP presented it, I doubt that the sauna woman was completely unprovoked. What exactly did you say to her, OP, and how dirty were the looks you gave her?