What is your favorite motivational/exercise quote?

Options

Replies

• quietpoise
    Options
    Strength is life, Weakness is death

- Swami Vivekananda
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    The voice inside your head that says "you can't do this" is a LIAR.

Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.

The last [mile/rep] is the hardest because it's the one that gets you the most results.

If you always stop after the same distance, duration or number of reps, your body will never be able to give you more.

Oh, and my husband watching me do push-ups and counting them off for me: "One. One. One. One." (as I'm on number 15, 16, 17, 18...) Darn crazy Marines! Hard to do push-ups when you're laughing...
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Tony Horton P90x quotes:

"Tip of the day: Don’t smash your face (w/ the dumbbells)".

“If you take care of your body, your body will take care of you.”

Don’t just *kinda* do it!”

Do NOT say you “can’t”! You can say, “I don’t want to”. You can say, “I’m not willing to put forth the effort”. But DO NOT say you CAN’T!

If you need one, take a break...But when you’re back, you’re back with a vengeance!

Rome wasn’t built in a day and your body isn't either.

Yes, I know it’s hard! It’s supposed to be!

“Oh dude, this is going to hurt sooo much, in such a beautiful way!”
  • kNEWBrenda
    kNEWBrenda Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Leia74
    Leia74 Posts: 8
    Options
    My quotes are " Stop making excuses" "Do it or not, There are no try".
  • XoAngelEyesXo
    Options
    I saw a picture on Pinterest of a little girl who has two artifical legs and a guy who has two artifical legs who are running and when I feel like I am ready to give up I think of that little girl and I keep pushing myself because if they can do it with artifical legs and smile I need to keep pushing and be grateful for what I have and work harder...

Love it!!
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    A slipup doesn't have to lead to an entire day of overeating. Resolve to make better choices at your next meal! :)

Love this!
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    flyingpurplemonkey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Some from my high school track coach that stuck:

"Today is a great day to get better"
    "Don't die princess. You still have 2 more laps to run".
  • keenanjones
    Options
    I don't know how to post pictures but I'm sure someone will understand.

"Hey Girl, keep running"

Haha that is awesome!
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2yas1jcmL1qezmab.jpg

There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
  • All_is_well_1959
    Options
    bump
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Run like someone's trying to murder you.

I love this one. I only power walk now but I plan to work my way up. I will have to keep the axe murderer in my head
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    WORK HARD PLAY HARD

"every lb lost is fat every lb gained is water"
  • MrsKoolaid15
    MrsKoolaid15 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    "It's the law of equivalent exchange". You have to give something up to get something back. You can't gain anything without first sacrificing something. (I've become quite the Fullmetal Alchemist nut lately. But this fits well.)

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are nesessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although, of you can endure that pain, and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah. A heart made Fullmetal. "
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    you will never regret doing, only not doing!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Your mind gives up before you body ever does. <--- I use this when I'm being a whimpy baby.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    "It hurts to look good. I'm in pain every day." -Dolvett Quince (Biggest Loser Coach)

"When Life Gets Harder, You Must've Just Leveled Up." -CourageWolfMeme.com
  • zitandemanu
    Options
    "If it won't kill then god dang it, you can do it!"
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is in here, however it is the inspirational speech Rocky Balboa gave to his son in the final movie of the Rocky series, "Balboa." To preface, Rocky's son is mad at him for wanting to fight the current reigning heavy weight champion. He feels he will be mocked by Rocky choosing to fight .....

"I'd hold you up to say to your mother, "This kid's gonna be the best kid in the world. This kid's gonna be somebody better than anybody I ever knew." And you grew up good and wonderful. It was great just watching you, every day was like a privilege.

Then the time come for you to be your own man and take on the world, and you did. But somewhere along the line, you changed. You stopped being you. You let people stick a finger in your face and tell you, "You're no good." And when things got hard, you started looking for something to blame, like a big shadow.

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and THAT AIN'T YOU! YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!

I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens, you're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. BUT UNTIL YOU START BELIEVING IN YOURSELF, YOU AIN'T GONNA HAVE A LIFE."

Rocky Balboa

Here is the YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5OookwOoY