What is your favorite motivational/exercise quote?

Options

Replies

• MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    The difference between try and triumph is a little umph!

this one made me smile ... i think im gonna use it
  • JakeRN45
    JakeRN45 Posts: 19
    Options
    What you eat in private you wear in public
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    Hard Work Dedication No excuses! It's what i tell myself when i feel like giving up or feel like i can't go anymore when im working out
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You can't get the kind of butt you want by sitting on the one you got! makes me laugh every time!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Ditto to this, by far my favourite way to keep my self motivated
  • schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Dieting makes you look good in clothes, exercising makes you look good naked! ;)
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    "Eat for the body you want, not for the body you have."

"Suck it up, and you soon you won't have to suck it in."

"I may not be the strongest, I may not be the fastest, but I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest."
  • DianaR13
    DianaR13 Posts: 5
    Options
    Not really an exercise related quote but definitely motivating, in the right context.
    "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted"
    From the Assassin's Creed franchise. I interpret it as "nothing is absolute and everything is possible". Hence, my body and health are not absolute (they can get better or worse) but its very possible for me to change it for the better. Idk, my input.
  • DianaR13
    DianaR13 Posts: 5
    Options
    Dieting makes you look good in clothes, exercising makes you look good naked! ;)
    Omg, stealing this!
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Not really a catchy quote, but when I'm running or doing lots of crazy jumping in Zumba or otherwise being physically pushed/challenged, I start asking myself, "What are you made of?" And the voice inside my head gets louder and louder until I'm yelling at myself. haha :)
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    "Step 1: start running. There is no step 2." - Barney Stinson

"Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!" -Jillian Michaels

"I work out, because I know that I would have been the first to die in the Hunger Games"
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • IamL
    IamL Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    We have on our wall at home "Dreams don't work unless you do!"

I love this one.

My motivation is this: I was hiking near a lake recently and as I finished my hike I saw a man that looked to be at least 85 walking around the lake. He had two canes and a brace on one leg. He was walking at least the mile loop. That amazed me, and everytime I feel like stopping, I think of him and it pushes me further.

Great thread. Thanks
  • Rangjew
    Rangjew Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband (who is a personal trainer) always says that "pain is just weakness leaving the body" when I am about to give up... always gets me through :)
  • MrsKoolaid15
    MrsKoolaid15 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not really an exercise related quote but definitely motivating, in the right context.
    "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted"
    From the Assassin's Creed franchise. I interpret it as "nothing is absolute and everything is possible". Hence, my body and health are not absolute (they can get better or worse) but its very possible for me to change it for the better. Idk, my input.

Thank you. I always loved that saying. So tomorrow, I'm going to make it a sign of some kind to hang above my tv. I can either sit I front of it, or I can work out with it. My new mantra. Never thought of it in this way. :)all the other ones I read we're good, but this really spoke to me.
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    People will
    Hate you,
    Rate you,
    Berate you,
    and try to Break you.

How strong you stand is what Makes You
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    "The principle is competing against yourself. It's about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before" -Steve Young
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Haven't gone through all the responses, so I apologize if this has already been stated:

No one ever drowned in their own sweat!

<<<< Oh, and this! LOL
  • kaylanrandi
    Options
    Weight Loss is Hard
    Maintaining is Hard
    Being Fat is Hard
    Choose your Hard!!!