Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's ~ Week 4

Options
Happy Friday Team! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Pepper's,
    Well this was an interesting week for me, aunt flow was visiting so I figured no loss this week, but suprise for me:laugh: last weeks weight was 198 this week 196 2 pounds lost. I only got 123 min. exercise for the whole week, but I did stay with in my calories. Did not do well on veggies but managed water and fruits.

Hope everybody did well, Will check back later. :bigsmile:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Good Morning Peppers ... My report for this week? Not nearly as good as I would have liked but it is what it is.

Weight = 177 lbs (up 1 more lb.)
    Exercise for the week (120 minutes) but it will be much better this week
    On a good note I did get all the veggies and fruits and water in for every day but it's all the additional crap I had that did me in :blushing:

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

HappyFace.jpg
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    okay so as I said in my last post from last week....i was down and out with lots of yucky sick things and still kinda down and out and so up a pound and a half this morning....127.6...bit disappointed but I expected it so its okay. Will try and not push too hard this weekend but will do some. well see what happens though.
    So sorry Kell and my green team...not real exercise minutes this week....but I will try and double up or really push hard this weekend and this week!
    lots of :heart: ladies!
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Goood Morning Peppers!!:smile:
    Ok I did 231 minutes exercise this week
    Got fruit and water in all week
    Got most of my vegtables in, really need to try harder next week on vegtables.
    I weight in at 248.2 so I am happy for the lost, Now to keep being strong and do the same next week.

Challage idea is more spirtual then diet, I did mediation with prayer all week this last week and it put in much better mood, with the eating, people, work out. How about we all take a 30 min me time every day that not workout related, whether it meditation, disappearing to a quite place, a calm walk with no one but yourself , etc

Hope everyone has a great weight in!!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning everyone!!:flowerforyou:

Weight = 232 (lost 1 lb :bigsmile: )
    Exercise = 235 minutes

I managed to get in all my veggies this week. I did okay on fruits. Some days I got in 3 servings, other 2, and one day only 1. It is definitely still something I'm going to have to work at.

I finished my C25K Week 0 yesterday. Yesterday was definitely a lot easier than when I started out Saturday. I'm still not sure that I'm ready to start Week 1, so I'm going to create Week 0.5 to ease into it a bit more. Next week, I will start the actual C25K program. If I don't have to repeat any weeks, I'll be done by Christmas. I'm not going t but that much pressure on myself, so I'll repeat a week if I need to. My original goal was to be running a 5K by the end of March. I have enough time to repeat each week between now and then.

I'm hoping our weather clears up before this evening. DH and I really want to go ride our bikes. We haven't been since last Friday. Right now it is pouring, but the forecast looks like it might clear up.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Hey Green Pepper's!! I sure missed you all yesterday...had a bus field trip with the Sr's class to visit 2 local colleges, then after my pm shuttle and route I worked a MS concession stand for a football game. It was so dang cold, I had to take a hot bath when I got home to warm me up. :tongue:

I am down 2 lbs this week to 174. Exercised 243 minutes, fruits in all days, veggies pry bout 5 days, and water all but 1 day. So, a pretty good week with all these challenges. Feeling pretty good here lately, so just need to remind myself daily the benefits of this healthy lifestyle change :bigsmile:

Jacque ~ I am SO,SO proud of you girl! SIX lbs down! You did it!! Don't you just feel so happy?? ! :wink: AND, I love the challenge.....so very necessary in our busy lives. Thanks for the LCW ( last chance workout ) reminder!! :laugh:

Miss V ~ how is your leg doing? be careful, don't want any injuries here...:heart:

Magglett ~ life stressors sure aren't fun, and I hope we all do our best to handle them in positive ways, no matter how difficult it may seem. you are uplifting and so positive to this team...so glad you are here!! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving and enjoy the wonderful weekend planned with your dear friend!! :heart:

Crystal ~ congrats on the loss! you did so great with the veggies this week! way to go! don't fret too much bout that C25K, it is really something that you control, and no matter how long it takes you will still be a star in the end!

kitn ~ hope you're feeling better. my ds and I have ragweed allergies. we start bout the end of July and suffer til the first hard frost, hopefully this weekend! I know some folks don't care for the cold, but I love Fall and Winter. The four seasons are a treat for me here in Iowa. Glad you went to the Dr too. You just never know what an infection can turn into. Deer hunters here too. Dh bow hunts and then he and ds gunshot in Dec. @ my inlaws. We always have a freezer full of venison. My fav is the minute steaks. We also do burger, stix, bologna. I want to try bacon.

artichoke ~ give yourself time to get used to change in your routine. I am sure you'll get back on track soon. planning and prepping will help too. you are doing great on your runs! I'm a clean eater too. So far I am really liking it. The daily energy is what surprises me the most. :smile:

** Challenge for 10/9 > 10/15 **

THIRTY ( 30 ) MINUTES OF " ME " TIME ~~DAILY OR WHENEVER YOU CAN ~
    ~ meditation
    ~ sit in a quiet place
    ~ focus on deep breathing
    ~ take a calm walk
    ~ listen to some relaxing music
    ~ soak in a tub
    ~ anything else.....

and, keep up with the other healthy challenges! just remember how important these, quite simply, tasks are to making you be the best YOU!! :flowerforyou: love you all peppers!! :heart:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    very quick - waiting for ride to carpool for work related convention this weekend.

Ok, weighed in today at Curves
    new weight 162.4

Did lose some weight & inches. Little here, little there. I haven't tallyed it all up yet.

Last week, I did 391 minutes of exercise.

May be back on site sometime Sunday night.
    Sounds like ride is here.... bye
    Have a good weekend!

B
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    good morning peppers

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

SW 225 LW 205 TW 202(lost 3 pounds) YAY!!!
    Excercise 810 minutes (Oct 1st to Oct 9th)

Happy weigh in peppers!!!
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Good morning SHGP! I am weighing in this week at 208.6. I am not gaining weight!!:happy: This week I exercised for 665 minutes from 10/2 - 10/8. This week for veggies did good Monday -Thursday. Fruit I did good with 5 days and the same with water. The weekends are my down fall. I don't exercise so I don't drink enough water or eat enough fruits and veggies. This weekend I am going out of town for my sister-in-law's baby shower. She is due in January and in May I am due. I hope our children will be close since they will be 5 months apart. My brother and his wife are having a boy. They are so excited. This weekend is going to be filled with pregnancy and baby talk the whole weekend. I will probably not get a chance to check in until Monday. I want you guys to know that I read the post regularly but don't usually post.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    CONGRATS Barb, Megan and Angie on your losses this week! way to go ladies!! :drinker:

Everyone continues to do well on our challenges...I am so proud of you pepper's!! The weekends used to be horrible for me and I always struggled to keep the wt off that I would lose during the week. Then, I started looking at my weekends a little differently....now, I treat them just like any week - day. If I can be so good during the week, why am I blowing it in a couple of meals, or the entire 2 days. It definately was not worth it. I try much harder now to plan and prepare ahead of time. No, I am not going to forbid any of my favorite foods, but moderation is key for me. It might just be a bite or half a slice of something, a nibble to satisfy my taste buds. Consistency always wins in the end. This is one of the battles I have won in my yo-yo status. It was not easy, but the more I was focused about it the easier it was to live by. I really had to step back and take a good look at why and what I was failing at in losing wt, and really be aware of my actions. Even now, I am still learning. :wink:

Angie ~ that is so great for you! and you are doing awesome in the exercise dept, esp with being pregnant! :flowerforyou: we like lurkers here too! :bigsmile: have fun this weekend at the prego/baby fest! :flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi there ... I'm using my work computer right now. My personal computer is sick and in for repairs right now but I won't have access to anything this weekend. In fact I may not be able to report back until Wednesday ... don't count me out ... I'll be back to report again as soon as I can. Take care of you.

illmissyoucol.jpg
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    Goood Morning Peppers!!:smile:
    Ok I did 231 minutes exercise this week
    Got fruit and water in all week
    Got most of my vegtables in, really need to try harder next week on vegtables.
    I weight in at 248.2 so I am happy for the lost, Now to keep being strong and do the same next week.

Challage idea is more spirtual then diet, I did mediation with prayer all week this last week and it put in much better mood, with the eating, people, work out. How about we all take a 30 min me time every day that not workout related, whether it meditation, disappearing to a quite place, a calm walk with no one but yourself , etc

Hope everyone has a great weight in!!

i love the callenge idea jacque....its something that I think can really benefit everyone. Stress is a huge factor in not losing. whether its bc we eat too much, metabolism slows, we dont want to get out and exercise...but if we can take just a little bit of time out and relax and think hard on calming and re-evaluating the day we might could get ourselves in that right state of mind to work that much harder. Thanks so much for this idea. Now I have no excuse to not set time aside for myself!
    wishes of a great weekend to all my peps.....:bigsmile: :laugh: I will try and get back on but a busy weekend planned with some much needed mommy and daughter time with my very soon to be 5 yr old. :sad:
    since when did she grow up!:sad: oh well...just enjoying every minutes I have with her :bigsmile: :wink:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hey ran in for a quick post, sorry it took me all day
    at 220 still this week:) didn't go up or down, so whatever:tongue:
    Did good on everything not doing good on H20 today:grumble:
    But working on it!
    Proud as pie of all my pepper friends! WAY TO GO ALL:drinker:
    Making applesauce right now.
    I think I got in 265 or so of exercise this week, gotta tally the chart:laugh:
    Ill be back on here to talk more later
    ~E
  • kelly_a
    Options
    week3-1.jpg
    let me know if i need to change anything peppers! :smile:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    week2-1.jpg
    we did it team!! we made it to the 1/2 way point!! 2 more weeks til our month is up!! :bigsmile: keep gettin in that heart pumpin', fat burnin', muscle buildin' & tonin' in!! trasform that body!! :bigsmile:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    well this weekend is sure goin fast....

we lost our football game Fri eve. now we are 3-3. team/coach was hopeful this year for a playoff bid, but not looking so great now. ds is very upset along with 14 other seniors. :frown: but, how bout them HAWKEYES!! woot woot! 6-0!!

i had a bus trip yesterday...took our marching band to state contest. that was so much fun!! was able to see different classes and larger bands than our school. got home and dh decided to go for a road trip...leaves not quite at peak, but we had a delicious meal @ Breitbach's in Balltown. i indulged and had the buffet.....shrimp, cod, chicken and ribs and a very yummy salad bar. we headed north to Prairie du Chien, WI to stay at our fav lodge, but noticed immediately how 'full' things looked and 'no vacancy' signs everywhere. guess there were no rooms from PDC> LaCrosse>Dubuque, dut to the crafters and flea markets, so we came home :cry: may try again next weekend.

dh is on vacation this week, so will be doing some home repairs, fall work this week. i do have a bus trip Wed and a fball game away Fri., and gonna be cold here this week. was 24* this am!! :noway: time to chop off the annuals and perrenials. lots of yard work to do. back on track today and will walk with Leslie and stretch with Denise in a bit.

have a great finish to your weekend ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's
    Back on track this week end did 36 min on Friday and 55 min. on Sat. was under caloris each day but still not feeling well,(reflex is back), I will try to eat all my calories today, doing yard work and going out to dinner with girls today.

Everyone did great this week, Keep it up, check in later or tomorrow dont know if I will get back on computer today. :bigsmile:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Peppers!!

Yesterday was wonderful day, but not for my diet or exercise. It was my niece's 5th birthday party and I ate too much, including an evil :devil: cream cheese filled cupcake my sister made. It was so good. :happy: We had planned to ride our bikes after the party, but it was just too cold. We headed home and my DH made me a fire to cuddle up in front of. I was asleep on the couch by 9:30. :yawn:

Today we're headed to Conway to visit his brother. We eating at Dairy Queen while we're there. My hubby :heart: DQ, but this the the closest one to us and it is 45 minutes away. Needless to say, we don't eat there very often. I have already been on their website and figured out what I'm going to eat and how that will fit into the rest of my day. (By the way, I have to say that Dairy Queen's website is one of the best I've seen for figuring nutrition facts. Bravo, DQ!) After we get back, we're going to try yet again to get a bike ride in.

:flowerforyou: I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Good Monday Peppers!! Sorry, MIA this weekend spent Saturday with Fam, mom under the weather. Sunday at the ex-inlaws for my great neice b-day. She turned 3, she the cutie in the pic with me. Anyway totally blew eating wise. Kept water going, but eating sucked. Did get to the gym Saturday for 30 min and that was it so I got to really focus this week on exercise. Food wont be a problen, cuppards bare until payday, at least there is no snack food hahaha Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Happy Monday Mornin to you all! :flowerforyou:

Yesterday ended up being a disaster in all areas of health for me, but today is back on plan.

Visited my folks yesterday and was surprised that my mom didn't set out any snacks. I had some water and she did send home a cherry pie and my dad gave me some potatoes and squash from his garden. Will cook up the squash and freeze.

Doing some chores here but dh and I may take off for the city to look for a new bed and get a few groceries. Any suggestions for mattress box and springs?? options are limited as we won't buy a water bed, sleep number, foam or pillow top. has to be a very firm bed for dh back. Our current bed is a Sealy posturpedic premium (Doral) and it has outlasted it's warranty by 3 years. So, we may go with it again.

Well, have a good day folks.

** water
    ** fruits and veggies
    ** exercise
    ** YOU time :flowerforyou: