Best thing about being fit..

Replies

• LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Getting a workout high from lifting heavy things!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    feeling good and still be surprised (in a good way) when i peek in the mirror or step on the scale
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Having my best friends mom say "you so skinny". I still have a way to go, but that is amazing to have someone say that.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    So Bad! Please don't scold me! :frown:
    But best thing about being fit and exercising/eating healthy is not turning into a"meat-bag".
    Now let me explain, I heard these boys (friends of a friend) talking about how all the girls after High School turned into meat-bags.
    Really rude word I think. But in all honest most of the girls I went to High School 3 years ago are huge!
    So I like to pat myself on the back knowing that I didn't let myself go because I'm not in High School (cliche-mania!) :blushing:
  • Looking4ward
    Looking4ward Posts: 23 Member
    Getting that clean bill of health without meds?" (your priorities really change as you age!)

I'll second that motion.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Having people think I'm 7 years younger than I actually am.
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Strength.......Hanging my own bike (waaaaay up high) in the garage after a ride.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    I started a kickboxing class last week. I was one of the biggest girls in the class, but athletically speaking, I am in the top 50%.

Now, for a girl who has been overweight since puberty, being more physically capable then HALF THE CLASS, most of whom are skinnier then I, this is by far one of my favorite moments!

And right now, having moments like that are the best thing about being fit!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Proving to myself every single day how strong and capable I really am.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    I feel powerful. No other way to describe it, I just feel like I can do anything, I walk with swagger... I pretty much feel like I'm the **** all the time :)
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Not there yet but I'm looking forward to being able to wear nice clothes, be more confident in myself and to not get out of breath when I'm walking up a hill
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 833 Member
    Having the confidence and strength to take on an challenge that is presented before me!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    People saying, "35?!!! You do not look 35!"

And kicking *kitten*.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Being able to see my feet!!!
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Not having to "suck" my gut in
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    warming up with my buddy's max
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    looking good naked. not worrying about skipping out before the sun rises so he won't see my thunder thighs in the daylight...
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Having control.

Sounds strange but after being diagnosed with 3 neurological diseases, I felt like I couldn't control anything my body did. Now that I'm living fit, I have control of my diseases and a better understanding on how to handle the everyday issues they throw my way. I now know that my body is as stronge as my mind and that's a good feeling.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Vanity reasons :smile: I admit I like what I see in the mirror, and I am flattered by compliments. But most importantly, I just feel so goddamn good that I can accomplish physical challenges I once thought was impossible... I love feeling like I'm in the best shape in my life... I love beating myself (not literally :laugh: ) and challenging myself to do better.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Looking good naked and with clothes on.