best random/silly compliment?

Options
NoAdditives
NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
What's the best (or most recent) random/silly/weird compliment you've gotten?

Mine generally come from my husband. The most recent was just a little while ago. We're getting to barbecue and he looked over the bacon I bought. He told me I did a good job picking it out.

I don't know why, but I'm really proud of that. Maybe it's because when we met I was vegetarian and had no idea how to choose meat. Maybe it's because I love compliments. I don't know. Whatever the reason, it made me feel really good.

Replies

• dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I was running through our city's downtown, and a homeless guy shouted "You're doing a good job!" right at me as I ran past.

That made my freaking day.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I had some random guy at the grochery store tell me "I like your hair".. What made this comment weird to me I had both my small kids with my, had just driven there after a shower and let my dry naturally, it was a scary wavy mess lol. Oh well weird or not, I'll take it!! Lol
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I was running through our city's downtown, and a homeless guy shouted "You're doing a good job!" right at me as I ran past.

That made my freaking day.

Wow - that exact thing happened to me today.

Weirdest compliment I got.. a guy told me to never get braces because he loves my imperfect teeth.
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    At my old gym, every Wednesday I'd come in and the guys at the front desk would all yell "Yaaaay Wednesdays!!" and clap..

Wednesdays are my booty workout day :wink:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    The other night, after a few drinks, my boyfriend's friend (who is kinda loud and obnoxious, but in a funny, endearing way) says to us (bf and I were sitting next to each other) "I don't mean any disrespect man, so don't get mad at me for saying this, but man, your girlfriend is hot. She's got some good stuff going on in the boob region. I promise not to hit on her or anything, not trying to step on any toes, plus you're a good looking mother f***er too, so ya know, I don't have a shot or anything. Lemme buy you a beer for having such a hot girlfriend."

I laughed so hard I was crying. My boyfriend accepted the beer.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The other night, after a few drinks, my boyfriend's friend (who is kinda loud and obnoxious, but in a funny, endearing way) says to us (bf and I were sitting next to each other) "I don't mean any disrespect man, so don't get mad at me for saying this, but man, your girlfriend is hot. She's got some good stuff going on in the boob region. I promise not to hit on her or anything, not trying to step on any toes, plus you're a good looking mother f***er too, so ya know, I don't have a shot or anything. Lemme buy you a beer for having such a hot girlfriend."

I laughed so hard I was crying. My boyfriend accepted the beer.

That is hilarious!
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yesterday at the park another mom I was talking to thought I was my kids' babysitter. I can't decide whether to take it as a compliment or stop shopping in the Juniors department. :laugh:

Also a few months ago my husband was drunk and told me I had an *kitten* that wouldn't quit. Picture a glasses-wearing button-up- shirt computer nerd type. It was so out of character for him. I laughed for about an hour.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    random...I was told by a lady, who was getting her nails done next to me, that she thought I had a beautiful profile and would love to paint me :-) LOL
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Lady at the gym said.. why r u working out?.. u don't need it... you are perfect!!.. n some more.. but is not necessary to add..
  • BeautyOfFear
    Options
    Best: "You're just as pretty as Demi Lovato!"
    Random: "Your hair makes you look like you're on fire. But in a good way."
  • ironicusername
    Options
    The weirdest one I've had by a few people, oddly enough is "Your hair is like asian hair, but better".
    Also: "Your voice is like a cozy down comforter for my ears". lol
  • xxalmostgoldenxx
    Options
    When I worked in a bar, I used to get allll sorts of weird compliments from equally weird customers. Perhaps the weirdest was "you've got sexy elbows". Haha!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I have almost ALWAYS been complimented on my eye lashes which I thought was odd. Like a random woman would be talking to me and all of a sudden "OMG you have gorgeous eyelashes. Did you know many women pay for those kinds of eyelashes" and I'm like...urm, thanks? Out of ALL of me you found my eyelashes to be the part that was good looking enough to mention lol.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    "Your hair cut is so cute! It looks like a duck's butt!" ... I'm still not sure if that was really a compliment... oooor....
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Well not sure if this is good or not, today some guy looked at me and said:

"Wow, You've got bedroom eyes."

??????? :huh:
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    "Damn bro, can your wrists get any bigger?"
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That I am an apology from God. Random, not silly, but the best compliment I have ever received.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    The most recent was:

"You've got really pretty squared off knees"

wtf? I have not once ever examined another person's joints for attractiveness.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    That I am an apology from God. Random, not silly, but the best compliment I have ever received.

Had to comment, that is the cutest pic!!!
  • purpleroses1021
    purpleroses1021 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were walking in the park when he heard a kid yell. "Wow those guys have lost weight!" :laugh: we've never met the kid. :blushing: Maybe our baggy clothes gave us away?:embarassed: