best random/silly compliment?

Options

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Riding along the bike path today and some guy riding the opposite direction calls out, "Hi, gorgeous," on his way past. Made me smile.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Friend: "Im growing my beard out"
    Me: "Why?"
    Friend: "Because you said you like beards and since a cute girl like yourself like beards, I'm growing it out"
    Me: .............. (Speechless and I blushed)

This compliment a while ago made me feel really great. :)

Nice. I like this one.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I was blocking someone's way in the grocery store and this older man said in this super thick Southern drawl..

"Ma'am, not that I'm not enjoying the view, but I need to get by"

Southern men. :)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    " You are so much quicker than you look", from my softball coach. It was a compliment and insult at the same time. I was like damn Coach I've dropped 35 lbs, I gotta look better than I did before, right? LOL
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    One of the good ones and pervy, a guy asked me shag is girlfriend and he will watch.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Weird/Awkward Guy: "You look really buff."
    Me: "Uh.... thanks?"
    Weird/Awkward Guy: "I mean, uh, *nervous laughter* its a good thing" and trailed off, I think he wanted to compliment me but was too shy and awkward so he said that, I don't really know but it was pretty hilarious.
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    I was running through our city's downtown, and a homeless guy shouted "You're doing a good job!" right at me as I ran past.

That made my freaking day.

I had something similar happen on Sunday. I was biking in Downtown Denver and a homeless guy yelled out "Keep making our city beautiful. You're doing great" I probably looked like I was about to fall over with all those hills, but that comment definitely got me going a little faster.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    "Be sure not to stop traffic while you're out here; you're beautiful!"

--Random neighbor who also bums a cigarette >.<
  • jayraycee
    jayraycee Posts: 33
    Options
    A very good friend told me that my "lower butt is getting a lot smaller" uh, but the upper butt is still huge??
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    No words were spoken, but the other day a gas station attendant tripped staring at me. Pretty hilarious!

"Please fuel my truck and my ego, thanks."

I totally guessed you were from NJ just based on gas station attendant ;)

BAHAHAHAHA! It's not THAT obvious, right? haha

*We pump our fists, not gas.* or some crap like that!

I always enjoyed that part of travelling through NJ!
    But I argued with them the first time I traveled through there. I was like "I'm not handicapped! I didn't press the button! I can pump my own gas!"

My husband calmed me down :blushing:
  • SaxophoneNerd
    SaxophoneNerd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "Ya know, even though you talk like a man, you sure sing like an angel."

Uhh, thanks, I guess?
  • donaldphussey
    Options
    Just today, in the lobby at work, I bumped into someone that I haven't seen in a few months. He is a very animated guy, and he said, "Oh my god! You've lost a lot of weight! Have you been sick???" It's not really a compliment, but I like it.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    An old man I was greeting stared at me for a little while, walked away... stopped, turned, stared again... "My, what lovely teeth you have, did you grow them yourself?"
    He was being completely sincere too, made my day!
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've got a couple...not really fitness/weight loss related (hopefully since I'm just @ the begining of my journey).

Was walking through the mall one day and had a really cute guy smile & say, "hey, loving your shirt"...I was wearing my Harry Potter Gryffindor tshirt. :smile:

I've always been told I have a 1-900 or a "phone sex" voice. I've been told this by multiple people. Used to have a guy friend that would call me late @ night just to say goodnight to him because it made him have "sweet dreams", lol.

Started a new job & the person training me was going on a smoke break & asked if I wanted to go with her. Another nurse going with her said, "she doesn't smoke". The first lady said, how do you know that? And, the 2nd lady said, "with skin like that, there's no way she smokes". (No, I don't smoke, lol)

I did have a patient tell me that my pants are getting baggy in the rear end area, lol. I told her that I've always been told I have no butt.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    My director turned to a Broadway legend and said, "This is Laura (insert last name) and she is the real life Elle Woods."... BTW we are doing "Legally Blonde: The Musical" this winter. I died right at that very moment in time.
  • hermionek
    hermionek Posts: 3
    Options
    This one is random, I work as a waitress and a guy out of the blue said I love your cleavage, and I was wearing a polo shirt.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Today! I was just sitting filing out paperwork and one of the nurses popped her head in. I looked up and she did a double take and said "wow! You looked stunning there for a second!" I just laughed and said thanks! She started back peddling saying she didn't mean it like it sounded. I had to tell her to stop! I got it and it totally made my day!
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    At a wedding a few months ago chatting to another couple seated at my table, both artists. At the end of the night they gave me their phone number saying "we'd both like to paint you, you look very athletic"....
  • Officialas
    Officialas Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Best random, out of nowhere, comment was a couple months back when I was in a lift and this woman just says "You have a beautiful facial structure - did you chisel your cheekbones yourself?" I blushed so hard, i never get complements from strangers so.. that. made. my. freaking. day!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend said I have good tastebuds a few days ago.
    What a romantic