Favorite exercises to do while watching tv?

Options
No i am not as lazy as this post sounds. I just want to know what some of you do while you are just laying around by the television. I sometimes do planks in between the shows and during commercials. I just rather do something productive while watching tv, so i don't feel so lazy(:

What does everyone do?

Replies

• taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Glad to know i'm the only dumb *kitten* that works out while watching tv.
    =/
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    :laugh: You second post made me laugh. But, to answer your question :laugh: I get up and walk during commercials.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Not much really. But I have a hard time staying still most of the time. I usually end up pacing the living room and kitchen.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do the wii fit step, on my days off I might do a couple hours.
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike set-up behind the couch and a 5lb hand weight on the table in front of the couch. I also do crunches sometimes.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    I do wii fit step and sta. bike and stand rater than sit
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    treadmill WHILE watching TV
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    If I'm watching sports I love to jog on the spot, butt kicks or knee ups, like being part of the team :P

If watching a random movie or show usually pull out the weights for some arm work

If watching a kids show with the little ones I'll do some yoga/stretching since I really don't need to pay attention
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Drink red wine.
  • dngortegae
    dngortegae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dishes and refill my beverage. Oh wait, you said exercise, walk to and from the kitchen I guess. :-(
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I do crunches, push ups, jump squats, jumping jacks, or just walk around. I really get too bored watching TV.
  • Seanemcee
    Seanemcee Posts: 3
    Options
    P90X and Insanity ;)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have some little 10-minute exercise plans, as well as some weights-oriented exercise ideas that I like to do during commercials (or while I'm watching the show, depending on what the exercise plan is). If you're on Pinterest, there are some great ideas for "easy and anywhere" exercises. Otherwise- planks, crunches, push-ups, lunges, squats, etc. are all good options.
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I will sit on a stability ball and wiggle around, doing crunches or balance practice. I also will do exercises with my 8 lb dumb bell, push ups stretches or planks. My husband has been known to do sit ups or the bicycle while ON the couch. Cracks me up.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I found these recently. http://*uckyeahmovieworkouts.tumblr.com/archive replace the * with an f. You can always make your own for your fav shows. Makes shows more interesting and varies your workout for you.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Stretch in the morning...
    Play the keyboard otherwise...
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I put on my pedometer and power walk in place. You can burn about 300 calories in 15 minutes!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I throw the captions on and hop onto the elliptical. I'll also do some arm work in front of the tube
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i used to exercise on commercials and have been considering starting again. what I used to was sit ups push ups jumping jacks, things that nature. using your own weight to push you, exercises P.E. teachers had you do before starting gym class lol
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Mindless cardio should be the only thing done while watching TV. Anything done with weights should have all of your attention.