Normal to lose weight this fast?

Options
13»

Replies

• beckydunks
    beckydunks Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS LIKE YOU STARVING YOURSELF!
    You do realise when you introduce normal meals to your diet, the weight will creep back on quicker than you think.

DONT GO FOR A QUICK FIX!, Make it apart of you lifestyle :)
  • wyte17
    wyte17 Posts: 1
    Options
    You've seen the other posts, and I too hope you will seek the advice of your doctor. Weight is just a number on a scale...fairly useless without context! Think about what you'd advise your friends or your daughter someday if they came to you with same question. Be more concerned with things you can do, life experiences you can have. Be fit. Inspire others. First step to doing all that...go see your doc.

Wishing you the best!
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    My best friend suffered with anorexia for a long time and with help has managed to get under control. It has taken years for her to trust in anyone's opinion but she usually relies on her close circle to keep her in check. I am 5'6 and my goal is 130lbs. Please, please trust in that we are not deceiving you - this is not a healthy weight for your height, even without relying on BMI or other various calculators. I know it's not easy reading these posts and you might not believe what others are saying. If you want someone to talk to without feeling judged feel free to add me. There are plenty of people on here who can show and steer you in the direction of a healthy, and gorgeous, life. :)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Even if you ate NOTHING, you'd probably not lose 18 lbs in a week. I'd suggest that when you initially weighed yourself you had some major water retention going on, and the scale weighed in heavy.

Otherwise, that 18 'pounds' was probably a bit of water....that's just too much for ONE week to be realistic.

I'm not gonna comment on how this is dangerously thin, it's your life. Just please, be careful and take care of yourself :)
  • AtteindreKate
    Options
    Let me clarify some things:

I'm five foot and ten inches.

I don't have an eating disorder. I said my goal weight is 110, even though I'd like 105. Please don't say I'm anorexic, it's kind of insulting when you don't know me as a person, what I look like, medical histories, etc. Also, anorexia isn't a statistic. Someone could be morbidly underweight and not have a single eating disorder. Anorexia is a mental illness. I'm sure you can understand why it's upsetting to be called anorexic so senselessly.

I am not a 'troll'. I only get to weigh myself about once a week because we don't have a scale in my house (I weigh myself when I work at a fitness center on the weekends).

I've fasted like this before and I don't gain the weight back when I return to my normal eating schedule. At the hospital they fed me a lot of fatty foods and I couldn't exercise.

I don't understand why this post has to be reported like someone said. I asked a genuine, simple question.

I'm really sorry if I upset anyone, as it appears I have. I didn't mean to. I was just asking a question and was hoping for thoughtful responses.

Have a nice day.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Thoughtful response:

See a psychiatrist to discuss your body image. Let him determine if you have a mental illness or not. Self diagnosis does not work.

See a doctor to discuss the immense weight loss you have incurred and medical advice in stabilizing it.

I can see no suitable way for any woman to be 5'10" and 105 or even 110 pounds.

In the end, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a duck, and tastes like a duck... its probably a duck.
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Howdy folks,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Joshua
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.