"You are fat"

Options
13»

Replies

• abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    The art of debate has basically been lost in our society. Two or more people should be able to discuss differences of opinion in an articulate manner without resorting to ridicule and name calling. This used to be a sign of maturity and manners. Of course part of the problem is no matter how advanced we are as a society it's not acceptable to agree that we disagree. I may not like anothers opinion on a topic but if it is presented to me in an intelligent manner i respect and acknowledge their right to think as they do. I may also end up changing my view of the topic if they are persuasive in the facts they present. But if they just yell, name call and belittle me i usually end up thinking they are ignorant as do most people in that situation.

Preach!! :drinker:
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I have found arguing with people on the internet is like arguing with a retard. it just makes you the smartest retard. No offense meant towards you though. I just find it to be a waste of time.

Umm.....none taken? :huh:

It is like wrasslin' with a pig: you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it :laugh: I've had decent debates and whatnot with people online before, so it's not always "like arguing with a retard", though I've run into many people who don't seem to really know how to have an intelligent conversation about anything.
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I like a good argument as much as the next guy but once it gets personal, it's time to walk away. It's hard but you have to leave them with a cutting remark but one that cuts deep.

I was on the train home from work and this so called LADY sat beside me but the double sit was a small double sit. She turns around to me and says " If you weren't so FAT I would have more room" I was so shocked I almost fell off the sit. So I said in a very loud voice " I am may not always be Fat but my god you are always going to be UGLY"

I still see that lady on my train and she never, never sits anywhere near me.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    ya I've been called a fat bit** a few times.. If that is the only mean thing they can say...
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    personally, I think you handled it very well.
  • SSGirlLV
    SSGirlLV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have found arguing with people on the internet is like arguing with a retard. it just makes you the smartest retard. No offense meant towards you though. I just find it to be a waste of time.

Umm.....none taken? :huh:

It is like wrasslin' with a pig: you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it :laugh: I've had decent debates and whatnot with people online before, so it's not always "like arguing with a retard", though I've run into many people who don't seem to really know how to have an intelligent conversation about anything.

LOL, yes the pig enjoys it!!

I have had a few debates online and they have been constructive but for the most part people's words and meanings get lost when your posting online and people misread what your trying to say and turn it all around. I just find it easier not to get into debates online.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,138 Member
    Options
    People still use Facebook?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No one that eats fast food often is healthy. Fat or thin. End of debate.
    That has nothing to do with the debate, so no.